[Match Thread] Zimbabwe v Netherlands - 1st One Day Match

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match Thread] Zimbabwe v Netherlands - 1st One Day Match

Post by jaybro »

pariah wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:17 am

Ntini even wanted Panyangara made captain from what I saw somewhere. No way him and Streak were giin to work out. Will Streak's team ever get 20 wickets?
Under Ntini Zimbabwe only took 12 wickets in two tests, Ntini also used the 8-3 lineup like Mangongo before him and Streak after him
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:22 am
Under Ntini Zimbabwe only took 12 wickets in two tests, Ntini also used the 8-3 lineup like Mangongo before him and Streak after him
I could go in and pull up scorecards, we discuss team XI selection, bowling strategy and bowler workloads to make you under stand but why bother.

The key, and only, take away here is that marquee, experienced and highly paid coach Streak is being viewed from Mangongo-Ntini supposedly low standards, and will soon take Zimbabwe to the promised land. I could never top that. Your reasoning does "me" better than me effortlessly. Not even I am that good. And you're on a roll today.

pariah

Post by pariah »

maehara wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:57 am
pariah wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:20 am
Your country is a Full Member now. You should be looking to work with ESPN on IRE (and ZIM) now. :D
"Your country"? I consider myself Zimbabwean before Irish, for what it's worth. Having been born & raised there.

That said, on the day Ireland and Zimbabwe play a Test in Belfast, I'll not know what to do with myself...
You long played your hand on that one a while ago. That comment is somewhere here.

SA became the first side to apply for 4 day Tests. My money is on Ireland being the next side to apply for reserve Test days. :D

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

pariah wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:46 am
jaybro wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:22 am
I could go in and pull up scorecards, we discuss team XI selection, bowling strategy and bowler workloads to make you under stand but why bother.

The key, and only, take away here is that marquee, experienced and highly paid coach Streak is being viewed from Mangongo-Ntini supposedly low standards, and will soon take Zimbabwe to the promised land. I could never top that. Your reasoning does "me" better than me effortlessly. Not even I am that good. And you're on a roll today.
Am I wrong ?

I don't think so ;)
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

I think this fixation about Ngarava in Zim sides and Kieth Jaure in A sides is to find a replacement for Vitori, probably. They are assuming any left arm pacer would be able to achieve what Vitori could have, but the main aspect is swing that Vitori got - at his pace. Not sure these two, any anyone else for that matter has that ability.

Where is LTGM these days?

pariah

Post by pariah »

Yes he got a wicekt, but bowling Hami in the 43(and 45th) over, after Cremer has bowled out, is akin to AB/Faf bowling Farhaan at the death after Tahir has bowled out.

Absolutely brilliant. These are the kinds of things we would be talking about in the cricekt forum if certain names were untouchable.

So I repeat - too cowardly to open, and too cowardly to bowl at the death! Even at home against a weakened Dutch side. 1-47 in 10 overs the impressive reward for all that "pain"!

pariah

Post by pariah »

Even Williams is bowling at the death after lead spinner Cremer has bowled out!

Chatara has 4 overs left.

pariah

Post by pariah »

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

I suppose they decided to rest the seamers when the match was over as a contest after 12 overs. We never seem go for the kill, whatever the opposition, whatever the captain.

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

No disrespect to the golden arm, though: 3 wickets in 4 overs :D