Our next test caps...

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Our next test caps...

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Who are our next test cricketers according to you, say, caps 102 to 105?

My picks:

Solomon Mire
Wellington Masakadza
Tendai Chisoro
Ryan Burl

I'm almost certain Mire would get his cap in our next test, most likely one of Wellington (if fit) / Chisoro too, given that it is at QSC?

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Our next test caps...

Post by pariah »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:29 am
Who are our next test cricketers according to you, say, caps 102 to 105?

My picks:

Solomon Mire
Wellington Masakadza
Tendai Chisoro
Ryan Burl

I'm almost certain Mire would get his cap in our next test, most likely one of Wellington (if fit) / Chisoro too, given that it is at QSC?
Chisoro is not a Test bowler though, so surely Chikomba should get the nod ahead of him.

I think Innocent Kaia and Kevin Kasuza are in the mix. Unlike before, Gumbie got starts this time so with keepr-batsmen struggling, there's a chance that he's just on or two big scores away from consideration, especially if he has a good Logan Cup. But for him it might be after cap 105. If you recall, Kasuza top scored the last season's Logan Cup and showed a lot of ability against a strong SA-EME attack.

That middle order is packed, and if Burl comes in it will most probably be for an African batsman, and he won't want to open so I'm ruling him out. Williams has even refused to play because he didn't want to open remember!

So for me the 102-105 will be:
Wellington
Kasuza
Ainsley Ndlovu (They've invested in him recently. If not him then Chikomba)
Ngarava(based on Streak's madness)

There's every chance that Mire might have a bad 1st and/or 2nd round in the Logan Cup while opening, so I'll be very surprised if he's picked. The guy has spent years without a diet of 3/4 day cricket. His last FC game was in 2011.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Right about Mire and Chisoro. I would put my money on Burl next then Blessing Muzarabani or Ngarava are my wildcard picks after

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Yeah, Wellington went off the boil at the wrong time. He could have easily made his debut in this series with some good performances at the right time. Hope he improves his Logan Cup record in the rest of the season and gets into the reckoning again...

So, Mire and Chisoro predictions worked. SA up next. Burl is off the boil too, so might not make the SA trip. Waller, Chakabva and Mpfo on the firing line.

Yeah, I agree about Ngarava and Blessing, and thanks to the think tank, Mayavo with opportunities next may be. Would be happy to see Kasuza get in though.

Time to go back to Mawoyo too before we start handing out caps ideally.

pariah

Post by pariah »

TapsC wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:13 am
Right about Mire and Chisoro. I would put my money on Burl next then Blessing Muzarabani or Ngarava are my wildcard picks after
You think it's fair to thrown in those youngsters against SA after what SL did to Mumba? And the Dutch/Scots did to Ngarava?

Even worse after what happened to Bangladesh's woeful pair of Mustafizur and Taskin.

Mire and Chisoro predictions were accurate, but it doesn't mean it should have happened though.

Bulawayo Boy

Post by Bulawayo Boy »

Hopefully it will be, in order of my preference:

Muzarabani
Burl
Ngarava
Wellington

Googly

Post by Googly »

Muzarabani way before Ngarava.
Taylor needs to keep wicket and Burl in place of Waller.

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Excited to see what muzarabani can do. Very tall and very fast. Both taibu and Simon Jones rate him very highly

aydee

Post by aydee »

jimbo wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:17 pm
Simon Jones
*Steffan Jones

Googly

Post by Googly »

I really question Cremer’s captaincy. I don’t know what experience Raza has had, but surely he’d breathe some life into the team? He’s really come on as a player and seems the most energized, enthusiastic guy on the park.
BT obviously is very experienced, but is too quiet and appears to lack motivational skills, not that I think you need to motivate people at this level, but nonetheless I would like to see what Raza has to offer. I watched Flower in the early years and he got it wrong by constantly calling the guys for a huddle when there was a blunder and you could see him berating the guys, but it was out of frustration and when we raised our game he got better at that aspect, and of course he lead by example. I’ve been very frustrated by the last couple of weeks, we actually have a decent side and should be giving a better account of ourselves.