LOGAN CUP 2017-18 : Full Squad Of Five Teams

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Flakeman

Re: LOGAN CUP 2017-18 : Full Squad Of Five Teams

Post by Flakeman »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:10 am
Flakeman wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:08 am
I’m told from a Rhinos official that James Bruce is going to open the bowling with Jarvis. Apparently Panyangara isn’t liked very much as most see him as a hindrance to the teams progression in terms of his behavior.

Good news James is back, at school level this guy was the next big thing. He is one to watch.
Is he sharp? **living up to my ZCF Obessions**

I believe he can bat a bit too. Dipaz mentioned he was a good prospect when we spoke, shame he didn't play slightly more
Not rapid, maybe 130. But last I saw he swung it loads. He can bat well too, big hitter.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Flakeman wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:17 am
sloandog wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:10 am
Flakeman wrote:
I’m told from a Rhinos official that James Bruce is going to open the bowling with Jarvis. Apparently Panyangara isn’t liked very much as most see him as a hindrance to the teams progression in terms of his behavior.

Good news James is back, at school level this guy was the next big thing. He is one to watch.
Is he sharp? **living up to my ZCF Obessions**

I believe he can bat a bit too. Dipaz mentioned he was a good prospect when we spoke, shame he didn't play slightly more
Not rapid, maybe 130. But last I saw he swung it loads. He can bat well too, big hitter.
Just what we need.
Here's a quick question for you, how fast is Diplock when he bends his back? You mentioned you're good mates so you've no doubt watched him. I assume he mentioned to you he's off to Oz this winter?

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

He’l be around 125 on average but that swing is his biggest asset. The kid hoops it miles. Problem with him is his core, he gets all his strength from shoulders as he’s a big bloke, but his core is weak, it’s obvious to see, not that he’s fat but just irritates me that he doesn’t spend more time in gym. When he tries to bowl quick, a few balls may get to 135, but he can’t do that for an extended period, which is the issue.

Yeah I saw on Facebook that he got his Visa. So he’ll be off. A shame as far as Zim franchise cricket goes, as there are some really inferior players there, but alas. Will probably be a far better experience for him there in Aus anyway. I’ll be keeping in touch, you should too. Apparently he’s in one of the best leagues in Victoria so we will see.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Flakeman wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:39 am
He’l be around 125 on average but that swing is his biggest asset. The kid hoops it miles. Problem with him is his core, he gets all his strength from shoulders as he’s a big bloke, but his core is weak, it’s obvious to see, not that he’s fat but just irritates me that he doesn’t spend more time in gym. When he tries to bowl quick, a few balls may get to 135, but he can’t do that for an extended period, which is the issue.

Yeah I saw on Facebook that he got his Visa. So he’ll be off. A shame as far as Zim franchise cricket goes, as there are some really inferior players there, but alas. Will probably be a far better experience for him there in Aus anyway. I’ll be keeping in touch, you should too. Apparently he’s in one of the best leagues in Victoria so we will see.
Surely it's just a case of getting himself fit, then?
Annoys me because the lads at Thornham who faced him said he made it look fucking easy, and that every now and then he really slipped himself for a few overs, still making it look easy.
Lazy?

CholeZimbo
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by CholeZimbo »

Who are the respective coaches?

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:07 am
You know what, a B League wouldn't have been a bad idea. It would certainly have spread the player base more.

As previously mentioned, I'm gutted that there aren't more under 19's in there but hey, a lot of the lads playing currently for our under 19's are very young, so they'll ideally get a chance next summer on the rising stars tour to the UK.
But why the obsession with England? Why not South Africa.

Mugabe was here recently, and interestingly of the 5 MOUs signed, one of them had to do with Sports and Recreation. Because it's the easiest to track, and I doubt they want to merge the SA-ZIM borders into one, when it comes to reporting, they will want to make surethe easiets - Sports - has made progress. So I expect a lot of soccer, cricket, rugby, netball etc between SA and ZIM over the next 5 years at least.

It makes absolutely no sense to me to send players to England, a country that wants nothing to do with Zimbabwe, and won't play ZImbabwe. The only thing this happened is becasue there is corruption and some people are milking it. Even that Flashsports website (http://www.flashsports.co.uk/zimbabwe-cricket-academy/) is working with them. They are agents, and earning commission.

Open your eyes people. Open your eyes. Pastor and Maulana gone rogue!

pariah

Post by pariah »

Flakeman wrote:
Sad story of sports in Zimbabwe! :( Your crimes are not even of the Mark Vermeulen level and you're ostracised. Others who have similar questionable attitudes have never been subjected to this. To think Panyangara was captaining the Rhinos just last season, and is the best seamer in Zimbabwe.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

pariah wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:58 pm
I only mentioned the UK because that's where the rising stars will be heading next summer. South Africa would just be as fruitful. Get them anywhere and everywhere for as much exposure as possible

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:07 pm
pariah wrote:
I only mentioned the UK because that's where the rising stars will be heading next summer. South Africa would just be as fruitful. Get them anywhere and everywhere for as much exposure as possible
They should play in South Africa too I reckon. England is nice exposure to the players because of the different climate and conditions, but it would be pretty interesting if they could tour a different place each year. England one year, South Africa the next, then Australia etc.

pariah

Post by pariah »

sloandog wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:07 pm
pariah wrote:
I think the only players who should nbenefit from such things are u19s ahead of a World Cup. I've already mentioned it a number of times that giving the u19s this much games time ahead of the u19CWC makes more sense than sending 22/23 years olds. Wellington and Jongwe didn't need such to have great internatioinal stats. The moment you're out of the u19 squad you're on your own. Earn your right to make the Emerging, A and finally the international squad - in domestic cricket.