LOGAN CUP 2017-18 : Full Squad Of Five Teams

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: LOGAN CUP 2017-18 : Full Squad Of Five Teams

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Biggest news of them all being Raza moving to Tuskers. Now with Raza, Ervine and Williams at Tuskers, Taylor, Jarvis and Waller at Rhinos and the Masakadza brothers, Vusi and Chatara at Mountaineers, this promises to be one hell of a season if it can deliver on its promise.

Biggest opportunity for the Rhinos to break the duck and get a trophy home.

Another observation being: No current U19 in any of the squads except Frank Mazvita at Mountaineers.

Also, is Ronald Masocha in any way related to our very own Conant?

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:44 am
Biggest news of them all being Raza moving to Tuskers. Now with Raza, Ervine and Williams at Tuskers, Taylor, Jarvis and Waller at Rhinos and the Masakadza brothers, Vusi and Chatara at Mountaineers, this promises to be one hell of a season if it can deliver on its promise.

Biggest opportunity for the Rhinos to break the duck and get a trophy home.

Another observation being: No current U19 in any of the squads except Frank Mazvita at Mountaineers.

Also, is Ronald Masocha in any way related to our very own Conant?
They've been way stronger before with Muzhange, Ballance, Riki, Vusi, Benade?, Chisoro, Rainsford, Mugava, Panyangara(moved from Rocks?),Butterworth, Taylor, Cremer and Malcolm plus a couple others I forget but still failed. This is way weaker in comparison. Have no chance against the goats who still have top bats with internationals gone.

At worst two of Raza, Craig and Is an must bat in the top 3 for Tuskers. Agree or disagree?

pariah

Re: LOGAN CUP 2017-18 FULL SQUAD OF FIVE TEAMS

Post by pariah »

eugene wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:30 am
You occasionally come to your senses and agree with me!
:lol: everyone is slowly getting there :D

pariah

Post by pariah »

The Robot wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:04 am
Greatest Move Of the domestic season, Mutumbami will be leading the Tuskers :D
I think he was already captaining the side

pariah

Post by pariah »

Googly wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:51 pm
Those are big squads for a comparatively small number of games. I’m predicting quite a few of those chaps just warming the benches. I wonder what a middle of the road salary is?
Yeah way too big. These "improvements" from Pakistani an Taibu will bring a lot of discontent. They were supposed to do away with pay as you play etc. I don't see how they'll avoid clashes with overpaid internationals especially if they underperform at domestic and international level.

Best approach was a B league and spread a lot of the u19s and Rising stars there with weaker pros like Zhuwao, and give guys like Garwe player-coach roles there, while throwing the top RS like Kamhunkamwe and Magarira(along with the Burls, Mashinge, Mavuta and Musakanda who are already there) in franchise. Salaries to match at that level.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

I like the idea of keeping the RS boys together but I agree with who ever said they should have thrown BT, KJ & Mire in with them.

Even maybe some experienced guys who probably won’t be playing internationals like Vusi, Shingi etc.

If Musakanda, Burl, Mumba & Ngarava get called away for international duty the RS’s will be very thin on depth.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

pariah wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:14 am
Googly wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:51 pm
Those are big squads for a comparatively small number of games. I’m predicting quite a few of those chaps just warming the benches. I wonder what a middle of the road salary is?
Yeah way too big. These "improvements" from Pakistani an Taibu will bring a lot of discontent. They were supposed to do away with pay as you play etc. I don't see how they'll avoid clashes with overpaid internationals especially if they underperform at domestic and international level.

Best approach was a B league and spread a lot of the u19s and Rising stars there with weaker pros like Zhuwao, and give guys like Garwe player-coach roles there, while throwing the top RS like Kamhunkamwe and Magarira(along with the Burls, Mashinge, Mavuta and Musakanda who are already there) in franchise. Salaries to match at that level.
You know what, a B League wouldn't have been a bad idea. It would certainly have spread the player base more.

As previously mentioned, I'm gutted that there aren't more under 19's in there but hey, a lot of the lads playing currently for our under 19's are very young, so they'll ideally get a chance next summer on the rising stars tour to the UK.

Flakeman

Post by Flakeman »

I’m told from a Rhinos official that James Bruce is going to open the bowling with Jarvis. Apparently Panyangara isn’t liked very much as most see him as a hindrance to the teams progression in terms of his behavior.

Good news James is back, at school level this guy was the next big thing. He is one to watch.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Flakeman wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:08 am
I’m told from a Rhinos official that James Bruce is going to open the bowling with Jarvis. Apparently Panyangara isn’t liked very much as most see him as a hindrance to the teams progression in terms of his behavior.

Good news James is back, at school level this guy was the next big thing. He is one to watch.
Is he sharp? **living up to my ZCF Obessions**

I believe he can bat a bit too. Dipaz mentioned he was a good prospect when we spoke, shame he didn't play slightly more

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

No place for chinese contengent Jalat Han in Eagles Side