LOGAN CUP 2017-18 : Full Squad Of Five Teams

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: LOGAN CUP 2017-18 : Full Squad Of Five Teams

Post by pariah »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:11 pm
They should play in South Africa too I reckon. England is nice exposure to the players because of the different climate and conditions, but it would be pretty interesting if they could tour a different place each year. England one year, South Africa the next, then Australia etc.
Anywhere other than SA it becomes a waste of money in airfares and accomodation and legal daily allowance. It should be SA or nothing at all. They don't need it. Active U19s do.

pariah

Post by pariah »

I'm a little bit concerned by this Diplock and Bruce James talk.

Zimbabwe had Tawanda Mupariwa absolutely destroying batsmen in the Logan Cup, including all the top internationals. How many of you even fought or argued he should be in international Test contention.

We all discussed Meth even though we knew at that pace, no matter how much swing, interational players are way too good for that. He got his chance but was generally toothless against the top Bangladesh batsmen. If Mupariwa whose stats Bruce and Diplock can only dream of, was not suitable, then we shouldn't really be excited about them. Ten FC fifiers, plus nine 4fers as well as two 10fers, is not a joke!

What should really be eating us is why a bowler whose pace is marginally faster, and was able to be immense at international level, but is not even playing the opening round of FC because of his "attitude".

I think our views and concerns are misplaced. People here don't really care about Zim Cricket. Its almost as if this is a fantasy league and forum type of interest with no genuine concerns about reality! No wonder amateurs playing FC is not a big deal and generated excitement. Unbelievable!

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Yeah it probably is a waste of money if you think about how many are going to make it. But so is U19's, you could argue.
If the money is going to be wasted, at least it's being wasted on cricket matches instead of whatever else it's been squandered on in the past 15 years.

pariah

Post by pariah »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:22 pm
Yeah it probably is a waste of money if you think about how many are going to make it. But so is U19's, you could argue.
If the money is going to be wasted, at least it's being wasted on cricket matches instead of whatever else it's been squandered on in the past 15 years.
U19s are being prepared for a tournament, and I think it happens every 2-4 years, not yearly. It's better that wa for them because they get to prepare before playing against SA u19 or IND u19 in warm-ups.

Most of the u19s from these countries play 2nd XI/Grade cricekt against good bowlers. In ZIM that's not the case.

So them playing against seniors will help them for when they meet a Hameed or a Brathwaite who have loads of experience already.

After all, u19s in countries like ENG do play counties in preparation. I don't even think that happens in ZIM.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

1. One or two people's views about one or two players is not "the views of ZCF". People choose to ignore things that are not worthy of commenting.
2. Pretty much everyone here was rooting for Mupariwa to be in the Zim team around CWC 2015.
3. Playing any cricket anywhere is better than not playing / not having an academy side at all.
3. Stop unearthing this negative nonsense at every available opportunity and get a life.

pariah

Post by pariah »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:37 pm
2. Pretty much everyone here was rooting for Mupariwa to be in the Zim team around CWC 2015
And what has that got to do with FC or List A cricket??? :?
3. Playing any cricket anywhere is better than not playing / not having an academy side at all
Agreed. But at whose expense? Financially and otherwise?
People choose to ignore things that are not worthy of commenting.
That explains s lot. This is why the ZIM cricket national team disintegrated so much but everyone is in denial because at least they were watching favourites. ZC is about to be as bankrupt as AC and Viljoen left it but that's OK because there was some excitement. We'll just blame it on those guys again and pretend we were against it all.

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:37 pm
1. One or two people's views about one or two players is not "the views of ZCF". People choose to ignore things that are not worthy of commenting.
3. Stop unearthing this negative nonsense at every available opportunity and get a life.
Could someone please copy and paste this on hhm's bedroom wall.

The next time I mention 'Bones' Mufudza or Cephas Zhuwayo I expect I will be called out for my prejudices against obese people or non-Greeks.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

pariah wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:02 pm

3. Playing any cricket anywhere is better than not playing / not having an academy side at all
Agreed. But at whose expense? Financially and otherwise?

[/quote]

Now the ICC guy is controlling finances ZC has the money to fund these things, poor old Makoni, PC and OB can't fund their own lap dances now though :D
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Conant

Post by Conant »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:44 am
Biggest news of them all being Raza moving to Tuskers. Now with Raza, Ervine and Williams at Tuskers, Taylor, Jarvis and Waller at Rhinos and the Masakadza brothers, Vusi and Chatara at Mountaineers, this promises to be one hell of a season if it can deliver on its promise.

Biggest opportunity for the Rhinos to break the duck and get a trophy home.

Another observation being: No current U19 in any of the squads except Frank Mazvita at Mountaineers.

Also, is Ronald Masocha in any way related to our very own Conant?

:D :D :D :D

I wonder. :) Its not a totally common surname, Masocha. Having largely lived with my mother there's quite a few of my paternal relatives I have never met.

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Conant wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:51 pm
I wonder. Its not a totally common surname, Masocha. Having largely lived with my mother there's quite a few of my paternal relatives I have never met.
Hmm. May be try and figure out :). Who knows, he could be the next big thing!