The meaning behind our usernames

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: The meaning behind our usernames

Post by sloandog »

tawac wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:46 pm
Andybligzz wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:29 pm
I saw a ball at 138kph bud 8-) That's coming from somebody who's ZCF obsession is white fast bowlers according to the DOG
Haha okay I'll take your word , Either way it's a shame we never got to see the full potential of what he could of been . Pandya from India reminds me a lot of blignaut
[/quote]

Ey what did u expect from a fella who had his hair in rainbow colours and had to make a choice between being a cricket or a fashion model. My fav. cricket too remember the 92 in the 2001 Windies test. And yah when he made his come back the pace was gone. For a fella who could hit 145kph it was painful to watch.
[/quote]

Saw him bowl at 148Kph in 2004 against Australia in an ODI. Now that's pace we've never been able to replace. Jarvis, when he first burst onto the scene around 2009, bowled a spell to Kallis at the wanderers which got close, but not quite. You know it's actually amazing that a cricketer with that kind of ability has come out of Zimbabwe. Was just far too hit and miss

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Blignauts made a comeback to the team every April since 2011. I know this because I've read it on ZCF.

I remember blogs cranking 148 a few times in Perth, in his comeback I only saw mid 120s in the games I watched.

That said, people forget bligs was largely a plod in the sense his stock ball was always about 125. He just had a huge range of speed when he actually bent his back. He lost a lot of control when he put a bit of heat into his delieveries
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Blignaut maybe the only player on ZCF that everyone loves, even pariah is a Blignaut fan I think.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

pariah

Post by pariah »

eugene wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:54 pm
Blignaut maybe the only player on ZCF that everyone loves, even pariah is a Blignaut fan I think.
Wot, no love for Taibu and Brendan?

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

We are still curious what hhm stands for--all your other incarnations being self-explanatory.

Please?

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

eugene wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:54 pm
Hard not to like the Man, was something not many people believed could come from zim. Strange character as well , awesome for the game .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

pariah

Post by pariah »

foreignfield wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:48 pm
We are still curious what hhm stands for--all your other incarnations being self-explanatory.

Please?
Henry (McKop the brutal coloured Zim soccer defender)
Henry (Olonga the first black Zambian-Zim bowler)
M (for that other guy)

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

pariah wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:50 am
foreignfield wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:48 pm

Please?
Henry (McKop the brutal coloured Zim soccer defender)
Henry (Olonga the first black Zambian-Zim bowler)
M (for that other guy)
Will take it that your name is also Henry a generic surname would be Moyo
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'