Thread about Rising Stars train wreck before it happens

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Thread about Rising Stars train wreck before it happens

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Hi I'm Zimdoggy.

Just thought I'd start a thread so I can say 'told you' before it happens.

The addition of a fifth franchise (stars) is a disaster waiting to happen.

Firstly, they should never have been transplanted together in the Logan Cup, they are all kids and cannot learn from each other. For this idea to have had a shot and worked, BT and Mire, franchiseless a few weeks ago, needed to return to the Logan cup into this team to teach the kids a thing or two.

A better idea is they should have been allocated spots across either 4 or 5 clubs. Learn from their seniors in more stable setups. 3 here, 3 there, draft system.

Secondly, it may not look so bad now, but oh boy, when the national squad is picked for the next international commitment you are going to see a talent drain across the competition like nothing we have seen before. The Logan cup with a few injuries and the top 15 removed will be something terrifying.

It's clear to me that this Stars batting is being held up by their two bright sparks, Burl and Mussy.

I am 80 % certain they will both be in the next tour, and 99.99 percent at least one will.

You remove these two batsman, who will fill the gap? Some other tadpole who can't make the team that already relies on 3 or 4 nuffbags.

Within 4 innings, they will capitulate to a sub 60 score at least once. Mark my words.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

totoro
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Thread about Rising Stars train wreck before it happens

Post by totoro »

This is off topic, so I apologise Zimdoggy.

Carl Mumba is in the Rising Stars squad. Does anyone know if he is injured?

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

This is prophetic. Rising stars is being managed badly. Its better revamping the CFX Academy. At list there will be really structures that future generations can benefit from.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

totoro

Post by totoro »

tawac wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:32 am
This is prophetic. Rising stars is being managed badly. Its better revamping the CFX Academy. At list there will be really structures that future generations can benefit from.
How do you know that the Rising Stars are being managed badly? :?

foreignfield

Post by foreignfield »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:26 am
It's clear to me that this Stars batting is being held up by their two bright sparks, Burl and Mussy.

I am 80 % certain they will both be in the next tour, and 99.99 percent at least one will.

You remove these two batsman, who will fill the gap? Some other tadpole who can't make the team that already relies on 3 or 4 nuffbags.

Within 4 innings, they will capitulate to a sub 60 score at least once. Mark my words.
Yes.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Agree and disagree.

I agree that the side are very reliant on Burl & Musakanda, and when they leave there will certainly be a big gap in the side.

However I disagree that it was a poor decision to include them within the FC setup. The poor decision in this scenario is the selection of players. There are a number of players who should be in this squad and a number of players (currently there) who shouldn't.

My mate is at Leeds University and he knows Jha, said he's an average average batter and has almost no shots. How can somebody like that get selected for FIRST CLASS cricket when there are more deserving lads who have been playing club cricket both in Zimbabwe and abroad, who can't even get a look in. There's players who should categorically not be in there. How many in this squad can you say has the natural talent to potentially play for the national side in the future? Probably can count on one hand. Choose players who have the minerals to succeed, not bash second division club sides

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

Never known a thread to contain so much rubbish. The Rising Stars programme is the single biggest initiative that ZC have sanctioned in the last 20 years.

A whole summer playing against decent sides in the UK developing not only their games but their life skills.

We moan about the lack of opportunities for former under 19 players and now they have them. They clearly competed in the first game and will only grow the more they play.

Once more it is forcing Burl and Musakanda to act as senior players which will only increase the price thy put on their wickets.

Taibu is conducting trials for the next academy intake over the next week. These guys are the future.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Sloan, your disagreement is actually agreement with two of my points.
Your handful of potential nationals statement= conducive to my point about allocating a couple each to the current setup in one of my points.

Another of my points...useless cunts like Jha could easily have made way for a mire/BT selection which would have fortified the ranks of the Stars and added vets to impart knowledge upon, meaning that the tail would start at 7 and not 5.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

totoro wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:14 am
This is off topic, so I apologise Zimdoggy.

Carl Mumba is in the Rising Stars squad. Does anyone know if he is injured?
Actually forgot Mumba is in the stars setup.
Irrelevant but.

Because A/ he will also be selected in the test squad.
B/ although too early to say, he's showing signs of being a false prophet.

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

these RS youths wouldnt have gotten chances on the other 4 teams. Not with the Muzarabanis and Dabengwas hogging up sppots (the Vusis and Marumas actually have a important role to play at LC level in giving experience to rookies).

the pressure of competing here will turn the coal into diamonds, if its there to begin with.

Overall a great idea. Lets guys like Tary and Burr take responsibiity cuz in 4 years they will be lead batters when Masakadza, Williams, Taylor, Ervine retire.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)