Zimbabwe A v Windies Lineup ??

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Zimbabwe A v Windies Lineup ??

Post by jaybro »

Will be interesting to see who gets selected for this one, we still have 2 Logan Cup matches to play prior to the game and it will be interesting to see how the guys go. Especially from the Goats who have plenty of test hopefuls in their squad

At this point for me I’d like to see this side

Kasuza
Chamu
Burl
Musakanda
Moor
Mutumbami wk
Jongwe
Nathan Waller
Shingi
Wellington
Ngarava

I feel although Chari is a player of the future he hasn’t taken his chances so I’d rather reward Kasuza & Chamu and give them a chance to impress after they did well against the Rising South Africans

Regis has had his chances to perform so Richmond deserves a go after a good first match against the Eagles.

I’d rather play the two allrounders in Jongwe & Waller instead of an extra batsman as I think Zimbabwe needs to develop a No.8 seam bowling all rounder.

I’d be tempted to give Tinashe a run but his exclusion from the Rhinos team raises questions to what states his ‘form, fitness or attitude’ is at.

*disclaimer my side could and will most likely change after this round of Logan Cup.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

sloandog

Re: Zimbabwe A v Windies Lineup ??

Post by sloandog »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:14 am
Will be interesting to see who gets selected for this one, we still have 2 Logan Cup matches to play prior to the game and it will be interesting to see how the guys go. Especially from the Goats who have plenty of test hopefuls in their squad

At this point for me I’d like to see this side

Kasuza
Chamu
Burl
Musakanda
Moor
Mutumbami wk
Jongwe
Nathan Waller
Shingi
Wellington
Ngarava

I feel although Chari is a player of the future he hasn’t taken his chances so I’d rather reward Kasuza & Chamu and give them a chance to impress after they did well against the Rising South Africans

Regis has had his chances to perform so Richmond deserves a go after a good first match against the Eagles.

I’d rather play the two allrounders in Jongwe & Waller instead of an extra batsman as I think Zimbabwe needs to develop a No.8 seam bowling all rounder.

I’d be tempted to give Tinashe a run but his exclusion from the Rhinos team raises questions to what states his ‘form, fitness or attitude’ is at.

*disclaimer my side could and will most likely change after this round of Logan Cup.
I reckon Moor would be lucky to even be included in this side, let alone the side in the test match.
The guy needs to seriously pull his finger out. Such a talented player.

Other than that mate I reckon it's a good side.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

I think it's time for us all to hop aboard...

The B-Train!

With 8 FC wickets at an average of 10, I think James "B-Train" Bruce should be elevated into the Zimbabwe A team.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:28 pm

The B-Train!

With 8 FC wickets at an average of 10, I think James "B-Train" Bruce should be elevated into the Zimbabwe A team.
Early days yet bud. A hard hitting 63* shows he has ability with the bat mind!
Would rather see if he can continue his good start in the next round of logan cup games

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:14 am
Kasuza
Chamu
Burl
Musakanda
Moor
Mutumbami wk
Jongwe
Nathan Waller
Shingi
Wellington
Ngarava
Regis for Moor, Mashinge for Jongwe would be my changes in that line up. Otherwise, will stick to this exact set. But may be they might try out Mire. Burl might have to look to open if he needs to crack into the test team.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:44 pm
Burl might have to look to open if he needs to crack into the test team.
It's literally the only spot he could take right now. The middle order is too tight, especially with the return of BT

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:28 pm

The B-Train!

Chamu
Burl
Musakanda
Moor
Zhuwao
Mutumbami wk
James Bruce
Nathan Waller
Shingi
Wellington
Ngarava

4 white guys is perfect...

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Moor’s performances in the test side have been pretty good with the bat.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

I think guys like Musoko, Nyauchi should have their part in such games. Shingi, Chinouya are now none quantities and reckon they would be in the test squad if there wont for better options. Also handing a game to Mushangwe and see what he can do after all he did get a call up to the test team. My team would look like this.

Chibhabha(c)
Burl
Chakabva
Moor
WallerM
Mutumbami(wk)
Nathan
Mushangwe
Nyauchi
Ngarava
Musoko
Last edited by tawac on Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

tawac wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:32 am
I think guys like Musoko, Nyauchi should have their part in such games. Shingi, Chinouya are now none quantities and reckon they would be in the test squad if there wont any other options.
By all accounts, the locals say Musoko has simply not got the pace