Others to potentially target

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Others to potentially target

Post by jaybro »

Conant wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:50 pm
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:58 pm
The one we really need is Tochukwu Enwerem! Left arm fast.

If he is still in touch with cricket....

You can imagine if more Nigerians played cricket. They would be greater than the West Indians. :)
Who is this dude ??

Looks like he could be a rugby player

The boy has Gunz
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

jaybro wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:00 pm
Who is this dude ??
Quoting foreignfield again:
foreignfield wrote:
Thu May 02, 2013 12:20 pm
Tochukwu "Torch" Enwerem who got a surprise call-up to the (in)famous training squad prior to our Test return in 2011. He's now studying at the University of Manitoba in Winnipeg which he represents in track and field events. A fine athlete, he does the 60 m in a little over 7 seconds. There's a bit of cricket played in Manitoba during the summer and he's named in the squad of a local side there (Cosmos CC), but I have no idea what the standard is (not too high I presume).

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

Adding credance to what googly has said, I found this on the web, not sure how to link it in, it is a tweet by someone I presume to be Eddie's dad...

Glen Byrom‏ @hatchconsult
Replying to @SomersetCCC @EddieByrom

Sure has the sun on his back as he prepares for 2018 with Somerset to whom he is excitedly committed.

Googly, you know the family twist his arm to come back here!!

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

There was another tweet where he pointed out Eddie was an overseas player playing in Zimbabwe. Will be very interesting to see if he ever plays for Zimbabwe
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

ZIMFAN wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:57 pm
Adding credance to what googly has said, I found this on the web, not sure how to link it in, it is a tweet by someone I presume to be Eddie's dad...

Glen Byrom‏ @hatchconsult
Replying to @SomersetCCC @EddieByrom

Sure has the sun on his back as he prepares for 2018 with Somerset to whom he is excitedly committed.

Googly, you know the family twist his arm to come back here!!
Pretty sure googly would be the one twisting his arm to
Stay there!
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Googly

Post by Googly »

No I’m staunchly patriotic towards Zim cricket otherwise I wouldn’t be on this forum. I just despise the people in charge of it. They’re making a last ditch attempt to keep it alive so the cash flow doesn’t cease, that mindset will never change. We need true custodians of our game, and it’s not the current regime. I’ll say it’s again- if you don’t have seriously good youngsters coming through that are getting quality coaching and exposure you’re not creating them in the year before u19 WC. Our current national side have the ability to win some games, but I don’t know how you take the stupid out of some of their plays. At the higher levels it’s mostly mental and we are in dire need of a couple of players with a Ponting or Flower mindset that manufacture wins through sheer force of will. It’s very hard to create one of those guys, they generally have to play in a team with someone like that and assume that role. EB is definitely giving it a go at Somerset first. If Zim cricket is still alive and kicking in a couple of years time then there’s certainly the option for him to play here. However there’s always the possibility that if he continues to improve he will be on the England radar in a couple of years, but that remains to be seen. There are levels and there are levels.

Googly

Post by Googly »

If EB had not left here he wouldn’t be anywhere near as good as he is now, and he had the right qualities to begin with. That’s the problem we have here. We do produce the odd good player that can never fulfill his potential in our system.

Googly

Post by Googly »

So if he’d stayed here there wouldn’t be people wringing their hands and saying “we should never have let him go,” because he’d just be another half decent player in our half decent FC system. That’s our predicament.

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:58 pm
The one we really need is Tochukwu Enwerem! Left arm fast.

If he is still in touch with cricket....
I've been wondering what I'm trying to recall about this guy.

He's the guy who got detained with Vitori and coach Butcher when Butch failed to observe Mugabe's motorcade. :lol:

He called Bvute who got them freed.