Others to potentially target

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: Others to potentially target

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

gargamel wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:20 pm
Eddie Byrom Spotted Sighted and Shook his hand . Back in Zimbabwe with his Kit Bag Guitar. Signed up by the Rising Stars thanks to a call from Tatenda Taibu.
That's a big get - big question though, is he back with the intention of playing for Zim or just a bit of off-season cricket while he waits to go back to the UK?

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

gargamel wrote:
Eddie Byrom Spotted Sighted and Shook his hand . Back in Zimbabwe with his Kit Bag Guitar. Signed up by the Rising Stars thanks to a call from Tatenda Taibu.
Brilliant! Taibu's latest avatar might ultimately prove to be the most remarkable contribution towards revival of cricket in the country at this rate. Starting with Mire. We are seeing regular efforts. The kid is here, there could be many things that could go on in the next few months that might entice him to stay and pursue a career here, fingers crossed (many things could go wrong too, but I'll not worry about that for now).

Here's hoping for the best with Byrom in Zim.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

gargamel and others in the know - is Taibu highly respected among the players?
It really seems like he is universally liked and trusted.

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

gargamel wrote:
He signed a 2 year pro deal in June this year, and it expires in 2019 June.

I have only one question - "How much do ZC intend to pay for him to be released from it"?

Surely those funds should have been used for him as opposed to say Jarvis.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

gargamel wrote:
Wow, that was not what I was expecting when I made this thread.
Massive snaffle if he's here. Even just playing domestic cricket for the stars, it's huge

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Awesome news. Byrom is potentially the biggest fish, even bigger than Taylor and Jarvis given how young he is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:33 pm
Awesome news. Byrom is potentially the biggest fish, even bigger than Taylor and Jarvis given how young he is.
Tied up for now until 2019. Cricket in ZIM will be very different a year from now I think.

You can't buy fish without a pond to keep them in.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I'm sure if he performs really well they might get that handy icc cheque book out again. The stars really needed a boost. Their opening pair might be the worst in Zimbabwean FC history. At least he is showing an interest in what's going on. Others have completely abandoned us. Matigimu and Murray next.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I see few people pay attention to my ramblings :lol:
I told you over a week ago.
He’s opening with Trescothick for Somerset and nobody in their right minds would pass that up and ZC would be remiss to try and entice him. By 2019 he will have played about 60 games of cricket and will be a much better batsman than he is currently. The way we’re heading here Somalia could be paradise in comparison. He’s going to have to get used to the conditions here mighty fast. His next game will be in 40 degrees on a bouncy track.

ZIMFAN

Post by ZIMFAN »

I noticed googly but was not sure if it was set in stone. I always appreciate scoops from those on the ground.

How likely that he comes back? Would he even be interested?

What I would say is that I know it is now turning Ciderabad but Taunton used to be a complete road to bat on, so is his average not a little disappointing in that context?