[Logan Cup 2017 Round 2] Mountaineers v Rhinos

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: [Logan Cup 2017 Round 2] Mountaineers v Rhinos

Post by foreignfield »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:44 pm
I think we have witnessed 4 really enjoyable (at least following on live scoring, can't comment on the quality) matches out of 4 this season so far. Let us have more of these...
Yes, absolutely!

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 am
Robbo wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:53 am
Why is this match in Harare and not Mutare? Costs, logistics with players?? Be grateful if anyone local could explain.
There were talks of improvements to the Mutare pitch and ground sometime back, which would have moved some games out of that ground. Is it due to that?

By the way, MASSIVE disadvantage for Hamilton Masakadza ahead of the WI series. He did not any get game time at all while everyone in the middle order did, and in addition, he would be pushed to open, which is not his preferred position in tests. And he would also be judged on his performances there. Cruel world.
Luck and Hamilton do not belong in one sentence.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Wow..wish we could have some highlights.. must have been a crazy finish. Nyauchi with 8 wickets.. 51 from 20. Not the greatest but there must be something to work with at 25 years.

James Bruce might end Nathan Waller's career before it even takes off. Something tells me Bruce can bat higher up the order. Nathan has to do the same if he ever wants to get a chance

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

I guess I missed a good match to cut in with inconsequential comments about Hamilton when everybody else is engrossed in an exciting match. :) Thats what happens when you away from ZCF just three days nowadays; so much activity happening. :)

Excellent effort from Victor Nyauchi; shouldn't he and Gumunyu Manatsa be our premier bowlers by now?

I rememner Manatsa was taking wickets in droves two seasons ago.

Nyauchi was given a very flat pitch to bowl on against the New Zealanders in the warm up and so didn't make an an impact (wasn't that the series where ZC inexplicably brought back Njabulo Ncube for those two Tests? :o ) but I'm sure we'll be seeing more of him soon again.

jward
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jward »

Conant wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:20 pm
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:23 am
Robbo wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:53 am
Why is this match in Harare and not Mutare? Costs, logistics with players?? Be grateful if anyone local could explain.
There were talks of improvements to the Mutare pitch and ground sometime back, which would have moved some games out of that ground. Is it due to that?

I am told that facilities at Mutare Sports Club have gone right down the tubes - problems with electricity and water, etc. - and ZC has suspended the ground from hosting important cricket until the local administration has sorted it all out. Very sad.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Wow what a finish and what an effort by the under strength Rhinos especially Prince what an innings !!!!

Nothing better than a Test / First Class match that goes down to the final overs
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

The Don's bowling is a bit of a worry. Lacking penetration at domestic level.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:52 am
How many overs were left when the result was reached?
2.3 overs I guess. I was hoping against hope that Tiripano could run in and bowl a couple of maidens and another couple of maidens at the other end and and Mountaineers somehow draw the match with just 3 to score. Tiripano bowls a tight over, and then Nyauchi comes and gets 2 in 3. Match over!