[Logan Cup 2017 Round 2] Rising Stars v Eagles

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [Logan Cup 2017 Round 2] Rising Stars v Eagles

Post by pariah »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:30 pm
It might be a low scoring game because of a poor wicket, there's no way for us to know.
The fact that the first innings scores were pretty even means that it was never going to be a total blowout like you're trying to imply.
1 over Mutombodzi aside, the only bowler with an economy rate under 4 is Musoko, and even then it's 3.76.

Players ready for FC cricket know how to bat in FC cricket. They're showing the exact symptoms of non-FC players. I wonder how many 2-day matches these boys even played before in their lives!!!

NB: Likes of Cephas, Elton and Nathan Waller bat like that whatever the wicket.

pariah

Post by pariah »

foreignfield wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:33 pm
pariah wrote:
foreignfield wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:27 pm
It's been the same story for at least a couple of years now, nothing to do with Tibba or the Young Guns. I haven't heard you criticize the leadership at Eagles, hhm. They might be more to your political liking but the results of a team that should be the Real Madrid of franchise cricket have been nothing short of embarrasing over the years.
Did you do your homework before posting that comment?
I'm here for the fun you sourpuss. Work is what I should do right now, and where I'm heading back to now :idea:
Well if you're intent on insults while blurting unsubstantiated arguments and encouraging people to criticise innocent figures then why bother making those arguments? sixes fan just did the exact same thing.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

pariah wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:39 pm
It might be a low scoring game because of a poor wicket, there's no way for us to know.
The fact that the first innings scores were pretty even means that it was never going to be a total blowout like you're trying to imply.
1 over Mutombodzi aside, the only bowler with an economy rate under 4 is Musoko, and even then it's 3.76.

Players ready for FC cricket know how to bat in FC cricket. They're showing the exact symptoms of non-FC players. I wonder how many 2-day matches these boys even played before in their lives!!!

What you forgot to mention was that you were only looking at the 3rd innings economy rates. It's just more fake news.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

The batting has being very bad and the bowlers seem to be cashing in. Best batting performance in the second run could as well be Tiripano and he is a bowler. Ver ordinary all around.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

pariah

Post by pariah »

Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:44 pm
pariah wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:39 pm

What you forgot to mention was that you were only looking at the 3rd innings economy rates. It's just more fake news.
And 3rd innings batting is supposed to be easier than 1st innings batting right?

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Absolutely not.. :? Completely and utterly dependant on the pitch

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

pariah wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:42 pm
Well if you're intent on insults while blurting unsubstantiated arguments and encouraging people to criticise innocent figures then why bother making those arguments?
That's a good assessment of your own method, hhm. Well said! 8-)

I'm not sure if you feel insulted or I've insulted the leadership at Eagles :?:

That the standard of the Logan Cup has been dismal for some time whenever the national team and sundry others are called up to training camps is a fact. That's it's been even poorer when players didn't get paid and went on strike is also a fact--Taibus has nothing to do with that.

I don't think that the current edition of the Young Guns as fifth franchise is entirely well thought out, but we've seen worse matches than the one the Young Guns have been involved in. And actually, they are not getting steamrolled by the mighty Eagles, or are they?

I'm not sure that many people would dispute that the Eagles have been underperforming for years.

pariah

Post by pariah »

pariah wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:22 pm
tawac wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:18 pm
Guess we wont be seeing anymore of Aliseni. He quit FC cricket.
Such a shame.

Well there's nothing First Class about it right now I can assure you.

I wonder how many more rounds before MCC/ICC ask some questions.

I think an Eagles collapse will be very helpful to ZIM Cricket right now. Or maybe something like a 2/3 wicekt win to add context to it. But I guess that would make things even worse won't it, if a traditional Logan Cup side flops against rookies too. ZIM cricket between a rock and a hard place in this game.

Maybe a compromise. Scratch all traditional side vs RS stats from player and Logan Cup as FC stats? Something will have to give.
It's all happening. :lol:

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Muzarabani ( blessing) is a very special talent that Zimbabwe must hang on to. The rising stars have certainly unearthed him as a cricketer who is now getting first class cricket and regularly. our very own mohammed irfan

pariah

Post by pariah »

jimbo wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:47 pm
Muzarabani ( blessing) is a very special talent that Zimbabwe must hang on to. The rising stars have certainly unearthed him as a cricketer who is now getting first class cricket and regularly. our very own mohammed irfan
:D Peter George