[Logan Cup 2017 Round 2] Rising Stars v Eagles

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [Logan Cup 2017 Round 2] Rising Stars v Eagles

Post by pariah »

tawac wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:53 am
Perhaps he will come good at some point. I'm sure we need some of these seniors in and around the teams to pass on what ever knowledge they may have. Just like in the goats game I like the idea of Mawoyo and Kasuza opening. So far they have done a decent job.
It's inevitable that he'll come right in domestic cricket. He's too good for it when he gets his act together. Trust me we've seen worse spells of poor domestic form with bat/ball get picked for the national team. I mean in ODIs since Jan 2016, Moor(played more games than any other player) averages just 17 and Williams averages just 20 and they're clearly going nowehere, largely with the forum's blessing too. Mire and his poor bowling had no FC matches for years, and he just made the Test squad with a top score of 5.
I'm sure Kasuza will be part of the national team sooner or later. If he doesn't become another Foster that is.
He should have been selected. Unfortunately he's not a opener, and he's been sending that message as well by batting in the middle order for ZIM A. With BT it just got even more packed. But I like it this way - 3Craig, 4BT, 5Sean, 6Raza. Whoever fails will get dropped. It will be more transparent now. Trouble for Kasuza is that a Hami might be recalled in the middle, while a Musakanda and Burl are waiting in he wings as recent squad memebers, plus guys like Mire being attractive guinea pigs.

pariah

Post by pariah »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:02 am
Good game actually.
A match ending less than halfway through the morning session of the 3rd day is not good. In terms of talent, the Rising Stars attack is actually stronger than the Eagles right now. I've already said Chamu, Chikomba, Regis and Aliseni( read retirement rumours somewhere) would have turned this game into a 1.5 day match. Worrying signs. Imagine what would have happened if they'd ran into Jarvis and Panyangara in the first game. Couple with poor performance from the Eagles it was a very poor FC match.

6/70 is now Taurai Muzarabani's best bowling figures per innings, and the 8/106 his best ever in a match. Cremer is a bit loose so his 10/82 last game was more expensive than it needed to be, but it felt like 10/30. How many other FC bowlers will get personal bests against RS?
Well batted Nathan Waller, further showing his all round ability. Hasn't dominated with the ball in this game as of yet, but his scores so far show that he's in a bit of form.
I;ve been saying this for years. For him if is he's got international goals, it's batting 4/5 or bust!

Taurai Muzarabani on top thanks to Rising Stars. But Mashinge is such a talent.
LoganCup201718WicketsA - Copy.png
LoganCup201718WicketsA - Copy.png (30.07 KiB) Viewed 979 times

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

pariah wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:51 am
..........Aliseni( read retirement rumours somewhere)............
CricketZimbo‏ @CricketZimbo · Oct 1
Thanks, are you playing for Mash Eagles this year?

Gerald Aliseni‏ @geraldaliseni
Replying to @CricketZimbo @263Chat
Done with Professional cricket.. Working 8-5 now
3:42 PM - 1 Oct 2017

CricketZimbo‏ @CricketZimbo · Oct 1 Replying to @geraldaliseni @263Chat
Shame, touch wood that you keep on playing club stuff for the love of the game.

Gerald Aliseni‏ @geraldaliseni · Oct 1 Replying to @geraldaliseni @CricketZimbo @263Chat
I'll be playing Club cricket.. 😀
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

pariah

Post by pariah »

Working 8-5? He joined Barney's car dealership or Doug Marillier's property agency?

Zero76

Post by Zero76 »

Yes this game was a low scorer, but I wonder how much of that has to do with pitch conditions, from what I have heard Takashinga is in need of a serious upgrade, pitches and outfield are not in very good state.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder