[Logan Cup 2017 Round 2] Rising Stars v Eagles

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Zero76

Re: [Logan Cup 2017 Round 2] Rising Stars v Eagles

Post by Zero76 »

Yeah Blessing Muzarabani is a big unit, got some pace about him. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing him play the warm up game, see how he fares against the Windies batting lineup.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Zero76 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:58 pm
Yeah Blessing Muzarabani is a big unit, got some pace about him. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing him play the warm up game, see how he fares against the Windies batting lineup.
He is the future of fast bowling in Zimbabwe. Our very own curtley ambrose at 7ft tall. Ok I'm over egging things now but a pace attack of muzarabani Kyle Jarvis and ngarava is one to be excited about

Zero76

Post by Zero76 »

jimbo wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:13 pm
Zero76 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:58 pm
He is the future of fast bowling in Zimbabwe. Our very own curtley ambrose at 7ft tall. Ok I'm over egging things now but a pace attack of muzarabani Kyle Jarvis and ngarava is one to be excited about
Early days yet, but there is certainly plenty of raw talent to work with there. There is no substitute for pace and bounce.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Will be interesting to see whether the Eagles can pull it together or not. This young bloke is going ok with the ball, eh?

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

Plenty of substitutes for Harduj Viljoen, Marchant de Lange and Nantie Hayward. 25-30 overs a day is no joke.

And unless you run into cowardly Bangaldeshi batsmen who have no clue about short bowling being a Test bowler will turn into a humbling experience.

It's no accident that a lot of these bowlers were outbowled by the likes of Mashinge.

ZIM should start now to invest in an attack of pace - Jongwe(leader), Mashinge and Musoko/Mumba, spin - Chikomba/Mavuta/Madhevere/Ives.

Of course Ngarava and Blessing can be in and out for impact, but I think Musoko then Mumba should be ahead right now.

I think Chimhamhiwa is a good example of how seamers can go backwards if not looked after.

Th ekey is to ensure that real top talent like JOngwe, Mashinge and Wellington is in the squads.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

I agree, Jongwe is a very talented player. Wazakadza and Mumba equally so. These lads certainly need to be managed correctly, but they also need to show why they deserve a spot in the national side. Keep performing and keep taking wickets, and there's only one place they'll end up

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Nathan Waller saves the Eagles

Chigumbura why even bother
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

The Rising Stars seem to have a good bowling line up. It would have been wiser to bolster their batting up a bit even with guys who didn't go on tour. Eagles manage to hold on for a win by the skin of their teeth.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:33 am
Nathan Waller saves the Eagles

Chigumbura why even bother
Perhaps he will come good at some point. I'm sure we need some of these seniors in and around the teams to pass on what ever knowledge they may have. Just like in the goats game I like the idea of Mawoyo and Kasuza opening. So far they have done a decent job. I'm sure Kasuza will be part of the national team sooner or later. If he doesn't become another Foster that is.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Good game actually. Some good stuff to take away from it.

Mazarabani looks exciting. Even if he's just 80mph at a push, his height is something that will have the edge over the batters before he's released a delivery. Very very exciting young prospect who, I have no doubt, a certain Mr Streak will be keeping close tabs on.
Well batted Nathan Waller, further showing his all round ability. Hasn't dominated with the ball in this game as of yet, but his scores so far show that he's in a bit of form.