Zimbabwe u19 Stats

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Zimbabwe u19 Stats

Post by pariah »

aydee wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:03 pm
I think they went with Ngarava simply for the left arm angle. It is very fashionable at the moment to make sure that you have a left arm seamer in white ball cricket, and Zim have very few options now that Vitori is sadly out of the picture. Clearly he hadn't done anything to earn that accelerated promotion.
Streak and Taibu :lol:

aydee

Post by aydee »

pariah wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:20 pm
aydee wrote:
I think they went with Ngarava simply for the left arm angle. It is very fashionable at the moment to make sure that you have a left arm seamer in white ball cricket, and Zim have very few options now that Vitori is sadly out of the picture. Clearly he hadn't done anything to earn that accelerated promotion.
Streak and Taibu :lol:
They're not the only selectors though, are they.

All I'm saying is that it was clearly a punt to pick Ngarava so early in his career, but it appears to be one based on a specific perceived tactical need.

pariah

Post by pariah »

aydee wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:53 pm
...a specific perceived tactical need...
That sounds ... serious for lack of a better word :D

sixes fan

Post by sixes fan »

very very stupid and misleading stats, ref jongwe ..those stats are for games played only at the u19 world cup where he got a few fifties with unneccesary big hitting because games were lost already. I myself know that u19 very well played with them several times ...jongwe and kunje are good but like gumbie etc there is nothing to write about them, nothing special at all told you the day he was drafted into the national team, it was just a case of a cery weak zim team with no options so we celebrated him like iran celebrating their new opener mustafa mustafa who is a worthless shit in reality. Of that u19 group burl was the best cricketer we had his dominance against jongwe in fc cricket shows, lake was good " far better than jongwe"
jongwe is at par with kieran geyle

sixes fan

Post by sixes fan »

Ref the last u19 team, stats also not true dont know where you get them eg ryans 123 against bangladesh in bangladesh and 50s in sa etc.
Whilst in this case nashinge is actually a very talented player unlike jongwes case he was never the best in that group .. depends on where you start their comparisons,
With everyone available he would have struggled to make the u19 team welch,huchu,byrom, lock,gary king, shane snater etc ( those who played for zim u18/19) those who didnt curran, curtis etc.... Neverthless adam keefe was the one highly rated as a batsman had better stats ( true stats not yours ) ..murray is a better batsman still 19 years too. Bowling wise matigimu, nyamusa were superior too .. as an allrounder ives, evans were superior ... mashinge only appeared when we lost our better players, his non inclusion from the earlier age group teams show how behind the order he was ... Very talented and a good player nonetheless

Googly

Post by Googly »

A man that knows these boys. Bang on.

Googly

Post by Googly »

But I really like Mashinge. He’s worked hard and has really improved his batting and polite and respectful- I know it that doesn’t count for much these days but...

Googly

Post by Googly »

Young Jongwe used to play with cut off sleeves, nobody ever said a word to him until one day Bundu Waller spotted him playing a franchise game and sent him off the field to change his shirt with a warning that if he tried that again it would be the last time he played. They also roped him into a Club T20 knockout when he wasn’t registered with them. There was a big argument prior to the start with phone calls to the bosses and all, but they insisted he play. He got smashed out the attack in his first two overs, was great to watch. He was quick at school, but never developed as he should have with the ball. He’s a damned talented lower order batsman though, fantastic eye. I think he’s probably learned a few lessons and might come right.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

aydee wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:48 pm
All about Mashinge. Doing well for the Rising Stars too. Plus he threw his spikes after that Mankad at the U19 WC. Rated.

Decent season here and he should be getting some games in the A team. Knocking on the door of the full team by the time he is 22 hopefully.
aydee wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:38 am
I don't think he should be in the national team yet, but he is definitely an international prospect for the future. Not had a full domestic season behind him. Will do him a lot of good playing for the Rising Stars. Struggled to get into the Mountaineers side last year, but will play every week now. Great chance to put together a good case to be selected for the A-side. I think he will be on the verges of the national team by the end of next season (Spring 2019).
aydee wrote:
aydee wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:53 pm
All I'm saying is that it was clearly a punt to pick Ngarava so early in his career, but it appears to be one based on a specific perceived tactical need.
Some really meaningful and sensible thoughts there. And those that I completely subscribe to.

pariah

Post by pariah »

sixes fan, how on earth any of what you said makes sense I have absolutely no idea!

I'll post all-time the stats to make it easy.

But first of all, not all u19 games are official u19 matches.

It's not the first time I've discussed u19s on this thread or posted their stats. What concerns me is this constant business of talking up players who are inferior and have poor records at u19 as being a loss and one that ZC must bend their backs to recover, while ignoring the true stars who remain. Lake had a very poor u19 record with both bat and ball!

it doesn't matter who left, the bottom line is the opposition didn't change and these boys who are there, still went out and delivered against them!!!

You can have your first-hand opinion. But it's stats that count, and that'll always be the case. ;)

Burl and Murray played so many u19 games they were bound to have plenty runs, but had Jongwe and Mashinge - bowling allrounders - played as much, they would have overtaken their runs tally, with comparable averages if not better!

It's pointless to speak about players who either never played or didn't play enough. We have many brilliant non-white players who would have walked into the Proteas pre-1990s, and several articles have been written about them by many authors.