[Match Thread] West Indians vs Zimbabwe A

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [Match Thread] West Indians vs Zimbabwe A

Post by pariah »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:22 am
Moor has to score heavily here to prove that he is the pick of the next generation of batsmen.
Seemtimes I wonder if guys aware that Moor is 27 soon, and are aware of the ages of Cremer and Williams; plus Craig, Malcolm and Raza whose internationals careers generally started much later with rather limited exposure so far against top opposition - mostly Associates or seriously weakened sides. Innocent Kaia and Kasuza need the chances now.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

sloandog wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:17 am
Both gone now though :lol:

Time for big PJ to stand tall
Big pressure moment for Moor. Musakanda and Burl added nothing, Moor has to score heavily here to prove that he is the pick of the next generation of batsmen.

This is where some classic Mawoyo-esque Zimbabwean grit is required. Grind out 80 from 200 balls.
If PJ ever scores such an innings in a Test match I'll change my username, promise. There's a better chance he'll score a Test double hundred off 150 balls.

Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Andybligzz »

pariah wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:48 am
Andybligzz wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:07 am
I still think Hamilton has been seriously underused as a bowler , he would be fine for holding a end and resting the two or three quicks , better Bowler than Williams and raza( both are handy )
Consciously or unconsciously you've agreed with on so many areas lately. So refreshing to read the responses. :D
Just a common fact , he's ideal to hold a end if not freshen up other bowlers. Always been a favourite of mine and just feel his experience and presence is amazing. It's a shame he hasn't tonned up in a while , such a loyal servent and always gives 100 percent , the best type of cricketers .
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

foreignfield wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:00 pm
sloandog wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:17 am
Both gone now though :lol:

Time for big PJ to stand tall
Big pressure moment for Moor. Musakanda and Burl added nothing, Moor has to score heavily here to prove that he is the pick of the next generation of batsmen.

This is where some classic Mawoyo-esque Zimbabwean grit is required. Grind out 80 from 200 balls.
If PJ ever scores such an innings in a Test match I'll change my username, promise. There's a better chance he'll score a Test double hundred off 150 balls.

Gabriel to Moor, OUT,
PJ Moor c Hetmyer b Gabriel 32 (34b 5x4 0x6) SR: 94.11

A near run a ball 32 proves nothing to anybody. If he'd Faf'd 32 off 150 or something, then you show the selectors you can play an important defensive role.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Windies running though the battring line up like butter through hot knife? Twisted Our bats man have no clue out.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Gabriel to Mayavo, OUT,
NP Mayavo b Gabriel 0 (4b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00

Hopefully a 4 ball duck puts an end to the Mayavo rumour once and for all.

Just let Chakabva keep. He's got a Test century, he's a pretty good keeper - he'll do the job.
Moor next in line because at least he has a decent batting record in the Tests he's played.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:16 pm
Gabriel to Mayavo, OUT,
NP Mayavo b Gabriel 0 (4b 0x4 0x6) SR: 0.00

Hopefully a 4 ball duck puts an end to the Mayavo rumour once and for all.

Just let Chakabva keep. He's got a Test century, he's a pretty good keeper - he'll do the job.
Moor next in line because at least he has a decent batting record in the Tests he's played.
Agreed. The kid clearly is no good with the bat. May as well just continue with the current crop.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

Mr Twig

Post by Mr Twig »

tawac wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:26 am
If Mawoyo is fit he should just come back and do the job. No one else seems capable all our good batsman hiding away in the middle order.
I'd get him in even if he's unfit.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Wow talk about wasting opportunities. The one thing I will say about PJ is that somehow he gets to the 30/40 run mark even when he is clearly not in form in the longer format... Guys like Regis wont get to double figures if its not working out for them. Maybe Chisoro can score a few runs?

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Mr Twig wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:24 pm
tawac wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:26 am
If Mawoyo is fit he should just come back and do the job. No one else seems capable all our good batsman hiding away in the middle order.
I'd get him in even if he's unfit.
I don't know how he fell out of favour. I'd like him in the Test team too. The thing about Mawayo is he always does his job and sees off the new ball.