Before u19 and RS

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Before u19 and RS

Post by Googly »

I’m also curious how you think ZIM Cricket has turned the corner? We’ve got Taylor and Jarvis back and the u19’s have finally had some exposure and coaching, but still less than most other test nations, and we’ve got an RS tour to England with supposedly the cream of our youngsters playing B grade cricket? That’s not turning the corner, that’s papering of the cracks.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’m also curious how you think ZIM Cricket has turned the corner? We’ve got Taylor and Jarvis back and the u19’s have finally had some exposure and coaching, but still less than most other test nations, and we’ve got an RS tour to England with supposedly the cream of our youngsters playing B grade cricket? That’s not turning the corner, that’s papering of the cracks. Throughout all of this we have not produced one cricketer to get really excited about. We’ve got a few to challenge the dead wood in our F.C. system and maybe, just maybe, we will find a decent bowler out of that lot. No batters that stand a chance of being World Class, sorry but that’s the truth.

Googly

Post by Googly »

What we’ve been given is a lifeline by ICC to carry on playing and to largely play lesser cricket, which is not a bad thing because we won’t ever be able to compete with the big boys. Let’s also talk about who in the system can make a living from the game. That’s the guys on a central contract and they’re outnumbered 10:1 by administrators, coaches etc etc. That’s just a bizarre situation, but will be sustainable whilst ICC keep throwing cash at us. That’s the negative bit. There is a bit of light if it’s managed better going forward, but we need good players coming through and they’re currently not good enough. I’m sure I’ll have to repeat this (sorry) but if they’re not excellent by the time they get to 15 years old it’s far too late.