Provisional Under 19 World Cup Squad

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Provisional Under 19 World Cup Squad

Post by zimfan1 »

Zimbabwe U19 World Cup Provisional Squad

Liam Roche (cpt), Wesley Madhevere, Greg Dollar, Milton Shumba, Jayden Schadendorff, Tanunurwa Makoni, Donald Mlambo, Alistair Frost, Taun Harrison, Dion Myers, Nkosilatu Nunu, Jonathan Connolly, Privilege Chesa, Tawanda Muyeye, Kieran Robinson, Makdhum Talati, Dion Mazhawidza, Tinotenda Jakachira, Dane Schadendorff, Tinashe Nenhunzi, Marshall Takodza, Arnold Shara, Robert Chimhinya and Struan Moore-Gordon.

Any thoughts?

Any names missing?

Googly

Re: Provisional Under 19 World Cup Squad

Post by Googly »

I wonder if they had a look at Booth? Some good players there. Madhevere has got lots of promise. Although I rate the younger Shardendorff it might be too soon, mentally needs to be a bit better, but I hope he goes well, he’s talented enough. Taun Harrison is Cape Town based, exceptional offie, has real potential and has done well at provincial level down there. Dion Myers is young and also has some potential, gets a bit of smoke blown up his arse, same mistake they made with Jongwe. I haven’t seen Moore Gordon, but have heard he’s a decent seamer, as is Mazhawidza, but they’re 130 ish.
Liam Roche seems a decent prospect. Jayden is good. Dollar a bit of a pinch hitter, but can play.
Frost is ok. Good to see Makoni’s son there :lol:
but haven’t seen him so will reserve my opinion.
Don’t know some of them, but will take a look.
I’m not sure who the keeper is, but he’s not filling Murray’s boots. There’s no star batsmen there, some decent ones though. Young Shardendorff could be really good at the WC after this.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Oh Muyeye had some incredible T20 innings. Really good to watch, but I haven’t seen him in 50 over. Ok he’s got potential.

Googly

Post by Googly »

The problem is you get found out when you’re facing the big sides if you’ve got a chink in the armour as a batsman.
My verdict is we’re a bit thin on the batting, the bowling looks ok.

auszim

Post by auszim »

On a side note, the U19s beat the Rising Stars on the weekend. Rising Stars without at least four of the key players, however obviously this shows what the gap could be with the senior lads on national duty.

watermelon

Post by watermelon »

watermelon here,

Good to see Makoni's son in the team, he is the star without a doubt. Not sure why we are investing in South African-based white mercenaries who are never going to stick around. Poor business acumen at ZC continues.

-watermelon.
<3 Jemisi rules <3

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

I guess only Declan Oldrieve and Kundai Tigere missing from the guys who got a lot of game time leading up to this. Would be interesting to see how many of these guys make the ZRS too. The unfortunate part is the very tough group we have been drawn in. Best wishes to whoever gets picked in the end.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

auszim wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:09 pm
On a side note, the U19s beat the Rising Stars on the weekend. Rising Stars without at least four of the key players, however obviously this shows what the gap could be with the senior lads on national duty.
Wow.. that is really bad.. I guess the first batch of rising stars was always going to be weak. But if they are integrating other kids every 2 years then it will get better over time.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

TapsC wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:14 am
auszim wrote:
Wow.. that is really bad.. I guess the first batch of rising stars was always going to be weak. But if they are integrating other kids every 2 years then it will get better over time.
Honestly speaking, there's probably 5 potential FC players in the rising stars (minus Burl, Mussy) and maybe 1 or two potential future national players.
The selections have got to be right next time round. There's a lot of dead wood

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

auszim wrote:
MAking a mockery of ZIM's FC system this. Shut it down!!!