Rejuvenated Zimbabwe's chance to move on from a checkered past

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Rejuvenated Zimbabwe's chance to move on from a checkered past

Post by Conant »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:40 pm
Ladies and gentlemen who do you believe Tristan Holme or Hhm

Holme is an established and respected journalist who is actually close to proceedings

Hhm is a bitter troll who has no idea

Up to you guys
But India aren't coming anymore are they...? And they've been a permanent fixture for the past five years.

Clearly there was some definite trade off there. Hope it will be all worth it, after monumentally pissing off India.

But quite simply, all these busy fixtures. which is all one can ever ask for really, should be able to make up for five lost ODIs against India I think.

pariah

Post by pariah »

Conant wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:31 pm
jaybro wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:40 pm
Ladies and gentlemen who do you believe Tristan Holme or Hhm

Holme is an established and respected journalist who is actually close to proceedings

Hhm is a bitter troll who has no idea

Up to you guys
But India aren't coming anymore are they...? And they've been a permanent fixture for the past five years.

Clearly there was some definite trade off there. Hope it will be all worth it, after monumentally pissing off India.

But quite simply, all these busy fixtures. which is all one can ever ask for really, should be able to make up for five lost ODIs against India I think.
We've been through this before.

They said African administrators were corrupt and guilty of maladministration at CSA. Unfortunately, CSA has never been poorer! :lol:

They had to bring back African administration and sack Lorgat before India could come down. :lol:

The irony is, the same African guy in charge of CSA now is was part of Lorgat's mess ups! :lol:

ZC is blowing money like nobody's business right now. Players like Aliseni quit FC from what I heard, instead of ZC throwing money at them, they chose to bring in some internationals who can't guarantee improvement or qualification, plus put colts into the FC setup. Ed Byrom is probably being paid to play briefly in ZIM's weakened FC league before he heads back to England, what Aliseni would have earned the whole season. Where is the logic in wasting that money on him?

Plenty players are either out of a job right now, or can't make FC cricket, all because of some stupid decisions. If ZIM don't qualify for the CWC it'll go bust!

After the CWC all ZIM has to look forward to is FC matches against Associates. Turns out that even the money ICC gave them wasn't enough for them to afford to play 3 matches against each of the Full Members over a cycle! :lol:

After the money that was bown rebuilding from 2009-2011(technically 2006-2011 but 2006-2008 was dead) when they resumed Tests, ZC now has to rebuild again for another 5 years! :lol:

At least back then they had automatic qualification to CWCs! Now for the next 4 T20 and ODI CWCs, Taylor and Jarvis must make ZIM beat IRE and NED ... and Afghanistan to do so, along with an unfortunate PAK/WI/SL/BD! :lol:

pariah

Post by pariah »

Conant wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:31 pm
Only the June 2018 Tri-Natins will make ZIM money, but they'll pay a lot to host AUS and PAK for that long. It was the same when ZIM hosted full strength SA & AUS remember.

Most of them are away and ZIM foots its own travel bills, as well as still has to pay match fees(Tri-Nations in BD, AFG in UAE and Tour to SA). In essence ZIM will spend far more than they earn. Hosting PAK for 2 Tests will eat up 80% of what they'll make off the ODIs and T20s after that.

Watch ZC reduce the Test to just one match or cancel them altogether ... just like the previous inept admins!

Simple maths says ZC is living beyond its means.

I'm equally happy ZIM has fixtures, until I ask "has the loan been paid"?

Because quite simply, until then, every income ZC will make goes to service that loan and pamper Streak, Jarvis and Taylor! Plus Cremer too since he's captain of all formats. He'll afford to permanently get rid of that tan so no one mistakes him anymore. :D

Googly

Post by Googly »

Why would Aliseni hang around if he has other options?
They get poorly paid, subsistence level in fact. Anybody not on a central contract or the possibility of one has no reason to hang around if he has the option of an alternative income of more than a few hundred dollars.
We want to watch Byrom, that’s probably why he’s getting paid a few bucks and probably the same reason why Jarvis is getting a chunk more cash than Aliseni. If it doesn’t work out for Ed in UK in a couple of years time he would be a great addition to our minute talent pool. Another good reason.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Are you at the boozer?

Googly

Post by Googly »

Yes I suspect that the budgeting dept has mistaken the 3 year budget for a single year and that there are going to be some sad faces at some point, not the top guys nor their chosen minions, they will do just fine thanks.
I can’t wait for the published accounts to have a looknsee what the RS tour budget is, that’s going to annoy the F.C. guys on the breadline. I predict a strike. :lol:

pariah

Post by pariah »

Googly wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:22 pm
Yes I suspect that the budgeting dept has mistaken the 3 year budget for a single year and that there are going to be some sad faces at some point, not the top guys nor their chosen minions, they will do just fine thanks.
I can’t wait for the published accounts to have a looknsee what the RS tour budget is, that’s going to annoy the F.C. guys on the breadline. I predict a strike. :lol:
Tell the forumites in denial the truth. cricket in Zimbabwe is doomed and leeches are all there for one final loot

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

pariah wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:57 pm
Googly wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:22 pm
Tell the forumites in denial the truth. cricket in Zimbabwe is doomed and leeches are all there for one final loot
It's actually funny how badly you are death riding Zimbabwe cricket at the moment, you really are a poor sole :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who said India aren't coming ?? Zimbabwe isn't the Country to vote against them plus with the new ODI League they'll have no choice :D

What exactly did we vote against them on ?
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement