"I think this can be the best period of Zimbabwe cricket" :Taylor

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: "I think this can be the best period of Zimbabwe cricket" :Taylor

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Good well rounded article.

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

Saying all of this while sharing how much it costs you to be there compared to Notts would help Brendan.

That's what happens everywhere else.

We knew what Tahir and McLaren got, and Tahir had to be a top 10 ODI & T20 player before he could even get close to some of the Proteas top players. McLaren not even close, and he outbowled Jarvis week in week out while thoroughly outbatting him in your County Division.

My guess is Samit Patel who outbatted you in every format for Notts (and Rikki Wessels) who both kept and outbatted you, are both on less money at Notts than you right now.

So unless you;re fully disclosing what you;re earning, what's the point of saying the best period for you, is the best period for Zimbabwe?

What kind of foolishness is it when your country gets literally stripped of Test status and is thrown into the Intercontinental Cup amounts to best period for Zimbabwe after multiple millions were already invested just a couple of years ago simply to get back to that level?

Only good thing is your bank account!

Who are you fooling? Crimson? And who else?

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

At least he says they can beat Afghanistan now so problem solved! :D

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

If he has been working so hard on opening I wonder what position he will bat in Odis. The biggest problem I think we actually have in a weird way in Odis now is Craig Ervine because he needs time to settle meaning he ideally has to bat at 3 but the way Tari played at 3 and Taylor also needing to be up top creates a little bit of a headache.

Tari was the perfect number 3 in Sri Lanka because he didn't stop the explosive run rates Hami and Mire would start with. Taylor can obviously keep it ticking as well but there is no way Ervine can be effective at 5. It's a good little problem to have and unfortunately it will probably see Tari dropping down from what I think is his ideal position or maybe Hami getting the boot as usual when he has a poor series only for him to come back and dominate again.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

'Other plays want to come back,' interesting way to end. Wonder who's being referred to here

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

How is Taylor fooling anyone? He is happy to be returning. The team with him and Jarvis added is our strongest since Andy Flower left. He is just offering genuine excitement. You know - the genuine thing that genuine people can manage?

Do you have some relative with their hand in the till at ZC, Hhm? Because the thieves in the admin have been wasting money for years. You wrote essay after essay arguing with everyone about the beloved ZC admins who we all know were dodgy. They came up with the terrible loan arrangements with local banks. (The ones you now seem to think are bad too) Now an outsider is finally going to put out some accounts. Two top Zim players have returned and are being paid good money finally. But you are miserable about it. What gives?

The only options I can come up with are

a) You are somehow personally hit financially.
b) Somehow you see them as traitors and you would rather pay Maruma some money to lose by a bigger margin than ever.
c) You are just trolling for reactions with garbage posts.

Maybe I am missing something and there is another option?

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

pariah wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:41 am
Who are you fooling? Crimson? And who else?
I said Good well rounded article. Complements were for Firdose. I had not comments on what Taylor said. Shows what you are looking for.
TapsC wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:52 am
Tari was the perfect number 3 in Sri Lanka because he didn't stop the explosive run rates Hami and Mire would start with. Taylor can obviously keep it ticking as well but there is no way Ervine can be effective at 5. It's a good little problem to have and unfortunately it will probably see Tari dropping down from what I think is his ideal position or maybe Hami getting the boot as usual when he has a poor series only for him to come back and dominate again.
Yes, that is potentially a problem. Mire - Maskadza seems to have gelled well where one of them chose to be on the backseat when the other went berserk so seamlessly. We should invest on this combination. The best part is, both are capable of giving us a flying start on their day, unlike the times when Masakadza had to contend with Vusi or Chamu who could have really bogged down. Keep and bat at 5 again for Taylor I guess. Tari and Ervine at 3 and 4.

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Taylor's earning potential is none of anybody's business but his own I'm afraid pariah
He has shown himself to be one of the greatest batsman to play for Zimbabwe and is very passionate about his country. I wish him well

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

jimbo wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:28 am
Taylor's earning potential is none of anybody's business but his own I'm afraid pariah
He has shown himself to be one of the greatest batsman to play for Zimbabwe and is very passionate about his country. I wish him well
He should probably be payed more.. 8-)