Panyangara Signs for Cats Cricket Club in Victoria

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Panyangara Signs for Cats Cricket Club in Victoria

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Nah I like Pariah, he’s normally accurate with his predictions

Sibanda our best batsman
Panyangara world top 10 bowler
Shingi our best available bowler
Mugabe will retain his throne (will be hard now he’s disposed)
Whites should open the batting
Pakistani more financially frivolous than Ozzie and Chingoka
Streak < Mongongo
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

https://www.thestandard.co.zw/2017/12/1 ... a-thrills/
MELBOURNE — Zimbabwean cricket ace Tinashe Panyangara is a long way from his birthplace in Marondera but is quickly making Gippsland home.

BY KATE WITHERS

Latrobe Valley Express

The paceman arrived in Australia on November 20 and has been a star for the CATS in the Traralgon and District Cricket Association ever since.

The 32-year-old rose to prominence during the Under-19 World Cup in 2003-04 where he took 6/31 and earned his spot on the Zimbabwean national team the following year.

Panyangara also had a stint in England before returning to Zimbabwe for national duties and is now relishing the change of scenery at CATS.

“I really wanted to play in Australian conditions because we have the same seasons back home and I just wanted a change,” Panyangara said.

“It’s been really good so far, except this week with the wet weather, but it had been really brilliant and I’m absolutely loving it.”

Despite the run of rain in recent weeks, Panyangara has adapted swiftly to life as a cricketer in Gippsland.
“The wickets are different and the weather is a bit different . . . it’s warm back home but it’s a different sort of warm here,” he said.

“I actually prefer it in the farms and stuff and they have really welcomed me brilliantly . . . all the guys have been fantastic, so it’s really good.”

Panyangara has poured himself into all things cricket in his short time at CATS.

He spends weeknights coaching and mentoring juniors and sets the benchmark for other players in the TDCA.

“It is really a very good level of competition actually, and I’ve been surprised that it’s that high to be honest,” Panyangara said.

“There are a lot of guys who have played at a really decent level so it has been brilliant so far.

With a swag of 18 wickets to his name for the season so far, Panyangara has helped lift the entire CATS order.

“As a bowler the highlight for me is that we’ve been able to bowl teams out . . . so it always gives a chance and taking 10 wickets is always a good sign,” he said.

CATS president Peter Duncan cited Panyangara’s presence at the club as a coup for the entire association.

“[Tinashe] is doing so well, he’s bought a different level of quality and player to the club and has played at the highest level, which gives the guys more confidence as well,” Duncan said.

“The bowlers have lifted to another level with Tinashe in the team . . . he brings a different aspect to the club.
“He sets the bar pretty high for the whole league in every game I would suggest.”

Panyangara has impressed in his debut season in the TDCA and earned a spot in the representative side for the Gippsland Cricket League.

“We’re really enjoying having him here, he’s been so great,” Duncan said.

“He has brought a real vibe to the club and a lot of excitement, not just for the players but for people outside who come down to watch as well.

“From his first game, there have been officials and people from other clubs come to watch and see how he bowls, so it’s just been great for cricket in general.”

CATS has enjoyed two wins so far this season and sits in eighth spot on the TDCA ladder, but with Panyangara’s presence the mood around the club is high.

“We just think ‘wow, this guy has played at a really high level,’ and we couldn’t believe he’d come to an area like ours,” Duncan said.

“There was a bit of a stigma that you wouldn’t be able to get someone of Tinashe’s quality at a league like ours, but this shows that you can.

“We’ve got to learn as much from him as we can while he’s here.”

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

Qualified journalists and national newspapers writing about Panyangara but "Pariah" is mad to do so? :?

totoro
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by totoro »

pariah wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:22 am
Qualified journalists and national newspapers writing about Panyangara but "Pariah" is mad to do so? :?
Panyangara is Zimbabwe's greatest fast bowler ever, he needs to be on a plane to South Africa as soon as possible!

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

ZC talk about bringing back its best players yet the can easily let Panyangara go. Hypocrites.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

tawac wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:39 am
ZC talk about bringing back its best players yet the can easily let Panyangara go. Hypocrites.
You're correct to say ZC since the management is now centralised and the Pakistani, Streak and Taibu didn;t veto Brown's decision.

When a mere LIam Roche or Gerg Dollar who can't outbat Shumba or deal with a 16 year old, leave for Scotland, Streak and Taibu will come out crying about loss of "brilliant" youth instead, and the Pakistani gives them blank cheques to chase after them, yet they couldn't see experienced world class stats slip through their fingers (just as they can't see Madziva, Chisoro, Wellngton and Jongwe). :roll:

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Who's Gerg Dollar?

pariah wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:45 am
When a mere LIam Roche or Gerg Dollar who can't outbat Shumba or deal with a 16 year old, leave for Scotland, Streak and Taibu will come out crying about loss of "brilliant" youth instead, and the Pakistani gives them blank cheques to chase after them, yet they couldn't see experienced world class stats slip through their fingers (just as they can't see Madziva, Chisoro, Wellngton and Jongwe).
You're being very dramatic here mate. If this blank cheque is a reference to Taylor and Jarvis, then the comparison is not even worth discussing. They were offered this type of money based on their previous international exploits and their achievements in county cricket.

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

You’re all getting a bit ahead of yourselves here lol

Tinashe is an international bowler playing in a regional league in Victoria he should be dominating!!!!!

Everyone is quick to blame Streak and Taibu again but just because the Rhinos didn’t want Tinashe didn’t mean he had no choice but to flee to Australia.

4 other franchises he could have played for but as quoted in this article he wanted to play in Australia

Greatest fast bowler Zimbabwe has produced 😂😂😂

Heath Streak must be From Botswana
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Zero76

Post by Zero76 »

It is a shame that Panyangara has been lost to the system, but to assume we would instantly solve our seam bowling issues is fanciful at best. He was world class for a couple of seasons around 2013ish, but lets not forget he really hadn't done a great deal if note post the 2015 World Cup.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

This whole 'Tinashe is our best bowler' is rubbish.

His brief test carer is very impressive on paper but it is wrong to give so much credence to his test carer whilst ignoring his ODI carer which was nine times bigger!!!!

Panyangara's ODI stats

65 matches 65 wickets @46.5 with an economy of 5.6

Im sorry they are not the figures of Zimbabwe's best ever bowler
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement