Panyangara Signs for Cats Cricket Club in Victoria

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: Panyangara Signs for Cats Cricket Club in Victoria

Post by TapsC »

I personally think Panyangara was a better ODI bowler than that. things is stats can confess to almost anything really. on paper Mupariwa was the fastest to 50 wickets but he was discarded as well by Streak..and either way i dont think Mupariwa is better than Tinashe yet the stats say so in this format.

how many people in this current team have played more Tests than Panyangara anyway? Raza has played 9 as well and he is averaging 42. so if he was to retire today would we then say he wasn't given enough time to be exposed so that his average could go down? that's unfair if you ask me.

if we look at the current situation the reality is he was sacrificed for Bobby because Streak loves that man. that's the real issue here which made him leave. so the real question we should be asking should be is Bobby better than Tinashe because that's who is occupying his place. no need to compare him to heath streak or anybody else.

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

it's also unfair to compare across formats. look at PJ for example. what's his ODI average and what's his test average? his test average is more of a true reflection of his ability.

Zero76

Post by Zero76 »

My memory of Tinashe's ODI career is that he would generally bowl well with the new ball and through the middle overs, but would go the journey at the death. For death bowling you need either genuine pace or crafty variation (ideally both). Just hitting a good length won't cut it in the slog overs.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:32 pm
Everyone is quick to blame Streak and Taibu again but just because the Rhinos didn’t want Tinashe didn’t mean he had no choice but to flee to Australia.

4 other franchises
Your lack of knowledge about the structure of cricket in Zimbabwe does not correlate with just how affirmatively vocal you are on these subjects.

pariah

Post by pariah »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:06 am
I personally think Panyangara was a better ODI bowler than that. things is stats can confess to almost anything really. on paper Mupariwa was the fastest to 50 wickets but he was discarded as well by Streak..and either way i dont think Mupariwa is better than Tinashe yet the stats say so in this format.

how many people in this current team have played more Tests than Panyangara anyway? Raza has played 9 as well and he is averaging 42. so if he was to retire today would we then say he wasn't given enough time to be exposed so that his average could go down? that's unfair if you ask me.

if we look at the current situation the reality is he was sacrificed for Bobby because Streak loves that man. that's the real issue here which made him leave. so the real question we should be asking should be is Bobby better than Tinashe because that's who is occupying his place. no need to compare him to heath streak or anybody else.
TapsC wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:07 am
it's also unfair to compare across formats. look at PJ for example. what's his ODI average and what's his test average? his test average is more of a true reflection of his ability.
Brilliant, brilliant and more brilliant!

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

pariah wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:13 am
jaybro wrote:
Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:32 pm
Everyone is quick to blame Streak and Taibu again but just because the Rhinos didn’t want Tinashe didn’t mean he had no choice but to flee to Australia.

4 other franchises
Your lack of knowledge about the structure of cricket in Zimbabwe does not correlate with just how affirmatively vocal you are on these subjects.

List of players who switched domestic teams

Musoko Goats - Eagles

Mufudza Goats - Eagles

Kunje Goats - Tuskers

Raza Eagles - Tuskers

Vitori Eagles - Tuskers

Gupo Eagles - Rhinos

Williams Tuskers - Rhinos - Tuskers

Munyede Rhinos - Eagles

Now since apparently you're such an expert on the subject and i have a 'lack of knowledge' can you please explain why these players were able to swap franchises and a player of Panyangara's quality wasn't ??
“I really wanted to play in Australian conditions because we have the same seasons back home and I just wanted a change,” Panyangara said.
To me it's clear Brown and Panyangara had a falling out and Tinashe decided he wanted to play a season in Oz, no big story I'm sure he will be back soon enough.

Certain types on this forum are always out for a witch hunt
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:06 am

You're 100 % right if Raza were to retire he wouldn't be looked at as one of the best ever Zimbabwean Test batsman because he has only 9 tests to his name !!!!!

Using under 20 matches to qualify a carer is pointless if you ask me and you'll often find when comparing averages they usually have a 20 test minimum.

All I'm saying is Panyangara's ODI carer is a better sample size to judge him on because he played 65 matches, thats enough matches to properly judge if was a good bowler or 'Zimbabwe's best ever bowler'.

His 9 Tests is not a big enough sample size to compare to Heath Streak or Henry Olonga plus these guys bowled all over the world whilst Tinashe has only bowled in Zimbabwe or Bangladesh.

Tinashe ( if available for selection ) is arguably the best Test seam bowler Zimbabwe has at the moment, although some would vote for KJ or Chatara. All 3 have played around the same amount of matches and have similar records.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Mueddie28

Post by Mueddie28 »

How many times has Panya be deemed unt for national duty..
Panyangara should never be selected for test cricket,..however with the Wcc qualification coming up & Zc monitoring his progress in Austràlia then only then should he be considered for national duty ..
Jarvis Chatara Mumba & Muzarabani are the future

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

I wouldn't write off Ngarva just yet neither. Still only 20 and has a lot of potential to work with there

pariah

Post by pariah »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:33 pm
Using under 20 matches to qualify a carer is pointless if you ask me and you'll often find when comparing averages they usually have a 20 test minimum.
JaybroLogic - Copy.png
JaybroLogic - Copy.png (90.93 KiB) Viewed 3965 times