Panyangara Signs for Cats Cricket Club in Victoria

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
TapsC

Re: Panyangara Signs for Cats Cricket Club in Victoria

Post by TapsC »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:05 am
I wouldn't write off Ngarva just yet neither. Still only 20 and has a lot of potential to work with there
True. wouldn't say Jarvis and Chatara are the future as well considering they have already lost their pace. they are the present. hopefully this doesn't happen to Mumba as well.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

pariah wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:37 am
jaybro wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:33 pm
Using under 20 matches to qualify a carer is pointless if you ask me and you'll often find when comparing averages they usually have a 20 test minimum.
JaybroLogic - Copy.png
That’s why no one ever said Bond was better than Hadlee
😉😉😉😉😉
#jaybrologic
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

ljriley90

Post by ljriley90 »

pariah wrote:
jaybro wrote:
Using under 20 matches to qualify a carer is pointless if you ask me and you'll often find when comparing averages they usually have a 20 test minimum.
JaybroLogic - Copy.png
Bond has bowled in 32 Innings to Panyangara's 16.

He's literally played twice as many games - thus a much more rounder representation of his test bowling credentials.

#soundlogic

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

ljriley90 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:12 am
pariah wrote:
jaybro wrote:
JaybroLogic - Copy.png

He's literally played twice as many games - thus a much more rounder representation of his test bowling credentials.

#soundlogic
Generally or in comparison to Panyangara, or because of the country of his origin, or because that's the minimum or because that's how you feel or what?

I responded to a specific number. What's your number? Twice as many as who? Who or what's the benchmark?

ljriley90

Post by ljriley90 »

pariah wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:21 am
ljriley90 wrote:
pariah wrote:

JaybroLogic - Copy.png

#soundlogic
Generally or in comparison to Panyangara, or because of the country of his origin, or because that's the minimum or because that's how you feel or what?

I responded to a specific number. What's your number? Twice as many as who? Who or what's the benchmark?
You obviously quoted Shane Bond cos he hadn't played 20 Tests.

But he has played 18 which isn't too far off Jaybro's benchmark of 20 tests.

Panyangara has played 9 thus backing up Jaybro's point that his test stats need to be backed my more games to be substantiated.

Country of origin has no bearing, I'm in agreement with Jaybro 20 tests is a good marker to properly review someone's stats.

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Oh my Shane bond what a bowler he was though , sorry it’s off topic but wow him and bligz were my two favourite to watch probably ever. Man crush over now . Sorry
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

pariah

Post by pariah »

ljriley90 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:27 am
pariah wrote:
ljriley90 wrote:

#soundlogic

Panyangara has played 9 thus backing up Jaybro's point that his test stats need to be backed my more games to be substantiated.

Country of origin has no bearing, I'm in agreement with Jaybro 20 tests is a good marker to properly review someone's stats.
I told you Cremer was crap and should be dropped.

Took you a while to admit...
AndybligzzLogic - Copy.png
AndybligzzLogic - Copy.png (92.57 KiB) Viewed 4024 times

pariah

Post by pariah »

Mueddie28 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:48 am
How many times has Panya be deemed unt for national duty..
Far much less than Williams and Taylor I can assure you!

ljriley90

Post by ljriley90 »

pariah wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:00 am
ljriley90 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:27 am
pariah wrote:

I told you Cremer was crap and should be dropped.

Took you a while to admit...
AndybligzzLogic - Copy.png
Listen you sausage, this thread is about Panyangara not Cremer. I don't care what player you compare Tinashe too but 9 tests is not going to give you a conclusive picture of whether he did and could continue to cut the mustard at test level. He probably would have but inconclusive as it stands. PERIOD.

Compare Apples with Apples.

End of the day Panyangara has turned his back on slogging a gut at one of the other FC sides in Zim and putting himself back in contention for national selection. Rightly or wrongly you'll say he should never have been away from the national side once he was fit again - but the fact is he then decided to give up his national ambitions and collect a pay day in Australia.

Fair play to him who can fault that. Least he will be paid up on time and will feel the love and confidence brought by being a big fish in a small pond.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Andybligzz wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:33 am
Oh my Shane bond what a bowler he was though , sorry it’s off topic but wow him and bligz were my two favourite to watch probably ever. Man crush over now . Sorry
:lol: