Panyangara Signs for Cats Cricket Club in Victoria

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Panyangara Signs for Cats Cricket Club in Victoria

Post by sloandog »

pariah wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:00 am
ljriley90 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:27 am
pariah wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:21 am
Generally or in comparison to Panyangara, or because of the country of his origin, or because that's the minimum or because that's how you feel or what?

I responded to a specific number. What's your number? Twice as many as who? Who or what's the benchmark?
You obviously quoted Shane Bond cos he hadn't played 20 Tests.

But he has played 18 which isn't too far off Jaybro's benchmark of 20 tests.

Panyangara has played 9 thus backing up Jaybro's point that his test stats need to be backed my more games to be substantiated.

Country of origin has no bearing, I'm in agreement with Jaybro 20 tests is a good marker to properly review someone's stats.
I told you Cremer was crap and should be dropped.

Took you a while to admit...
AndybligzzLogic - Copy.png
How is Graeme Cremer relevant to this topic..? I thought it was about Panyangara turning his back on ZC and taking a pay day

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:25 pm
pariah wrote:
ljriley90 wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:27 am

You obviously quoted Shane Bond cos he hadn't played 20 Tests.

But he has played 18 which isn't too far off Jaybro's benchmark of 20 tests.

Panyangara has played 9 thus backing up Jaybro's point that his test stats need to be backed my more games to be substantiated.

Country of origin has no bearing, I'm in agreement with Jaybro 20 tests is a good marker to properly review someone's stats.

How is Graeme Cremer relevant to this topic..? I thought it was about Panyangara turning his back on ZC and taking a pay day
Unfortunately, you thought wrong or arrived late. Read Taps' wonderful post at the top of this page viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14196&start=70

Cremer (along with Bond, Fannie, Pattinson etc) falls under some ordained reasoning. Based on the originator's reasoning he becomes extremely relevant factually.

NB: On another note, what Franchise or Province in Zimbabwe has Panyangara not played cricket for? How is he related to the National Head Coach,and how that side's coach related to the National Head Coach and the subject's previous Head Coach.
Queensland: Andrew Symonds, you have a brilliant record and are our most valuable player but your attitude stinks. We no longer need your services.

Victoria: Glen Maxwell, you have a brilliant record and are our most valuable player but your attitude stinks. We no longer need your services.

Cricket Australia: Well these excellent, senior and seasoned individuals have been great servants of the game. If they would be so humble and dedicated enough to uproot their families and lifestyles then come to us and ask us to redeploy them to another side so a window opens for us to in future select them again for national colours, we would gladly do so, provided if course that side and its coach under our complete direction and oversight is willing to have them. Failing which theyy as well be lost to Zimbabwean cricket and there's nothing we can do about it.

Mark Nicholas: Good on ya mates!
Daniel Brettig: Ripper!

pariah

Post by pariah »

jaybro wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:00 pm
You still haven't given a reason why Panyangara couldn't change franchises !!!!

Stop avoiding the question you COWARD

Also you're wrong about Symonds and Maxwell

Symonds was given multiple chances but in the end of the day he just didn't want to be apart of the side if Clarke was captain

Maxwell is still playing for Victoria so don't know where you got this rubbish from

Please don't comment on things you don't know anything about

Your lack of knowledge about the structure of cricket in Australia does not correlate with just how affirmatively vocal you are on these subjects.
Not for the first time, I'm saying this but you don't exactly follow as well as you should (or can). Everything was answered. I'll leave you in your own virtual reality.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

pariah wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:13 am
I'll leave you in your own virtual reality
Coming from the chap who is away with the fairy's, the irony

ljriley90

Post by ljriley90 »

pariah wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:58 pm
sloandog wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:25 pm
pariah wrote:

Unfortunately, you thought wrong or arrived late. Read Taps' wonderful post at the top of this page viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14196&start=70

Cremer (along with Bond, Fannie, Pattinson etc) falls under some ordained reasoning. Based on the originator's reasoning he becomes extremely relevant factually.

NB: On another note, what Franchise or Province in Zimbabwe has Panyangara not played cricket for? How is he related to the National Head Coach,and how that side's coach related to the National Head Coach and the subject's previous Head Coach.
Queensland: Andrew Symonds, you have a brilliant record and are our most valuable player but your attitude stinks. We no longer need your services.

Victoria: Glen Maxwell, you have a brilliant record and are our most valuable player but your attitude stinks. We no longer need your services.

Cricket Australia: Well these excellent, senior and seasoned individuals have been great servants of the game. If they would be so humble and dedicated enough to uproot their families and lifestyles then come to us and ask us to redeploy them to another side so a window opens for us to in future select them again for national colours, we would gladly do so, provided if course that side and its coach under our complete direction and oversight is willing to have them. Failing which theyy as well be lost to Zimbabwean cricket and there's nothing we can do about it.

Mark Nicholas: Good on ya mates!
Daniel Brettig: Ripper!
Pariah can you actually explain that sentence in bold. Makes zero sense and doesn't relate to the topic in hand one iota. You referenced Shane Bond to start with - I got that cos he was close to 20 test matches.

Cremer over 20 test matches that great. He's his own player with his own stats. Rate him how you want. That fair considering how many game shes played.

But everyone is talking about Panyangara here. Just his amount of games played and his stats no one else's. Fact remains he has played 9 tests and did well. Needs more games at test level to give a more accurate picture of his stats and test worth though.

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Panyangara could have been one of the more successful longer format bowlers we've ever had, sure. But as LJR says, not enough games were played to warrant that praise. Plus, his standards dropped dramatically as the years went by. He put weight on and his attitude stinks (spoken to Robin Brown myself). He doesn't have the penetration of Jarvis, the height of Muzarabani or the natural angle of Chatara.

The fact of the matter is that Panyangara has dropped down the pecking order in terms of being our premier fast bowler, as that mantle has now appropriately landed on the shoulders of Kyle Jarvis, hasn't in Hhm?

pariah

Post by pariah »

ljriley90 wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:50 am
Pariah can you actually explain that sentence in bold. Makes zero sense and doesn't relate to the topic in hand one iota. You referenced Shane Bond to start with - I got that cos he was close to 20 test matches.
Start from the beginning. Then you'll get it.
Cremer over 20 test matches that great.
:? Over 20 Tests for what country? So a picture is not worth a thousand words after all?

pariah

Post by pariah »

In any other country, they'd be begging for Taibu/Streak to pluck Panyangara from wherever he is to come and bowl for Zimbabwe in this Boxing Day Test, and automatically the odds of SA scoring over 320 runs in PE under lights against Panyangara would automatically be slashed by half by the bookies.

In Zimbabwe they say good riddance that "fat lazy arrogant" guy is not there. Unbelievable!

If Panyangara was playing in this match, I doubt this particular SA Inv XI would even get to 220 - with AB and Bavuma!

Detective RDS

Post by Detective RDS »

Any updates on Panyangara ? Did he leave Zimbabwe for good or is there any chance of returning ?

jward

Post by jward »

jimbo wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:44 pm
Payangara was looking a bit dimensionally challenged in the latter years of his Zimbabwe career though no? 😂
Yes, during his injury he put on a lot of weight, did not pay enough attention to fitness and seemed to lose his drive.