[Logan Cup 2017 Round 3] Eagles v Mountaineers

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: [Logan Cup 2017 Round 3] Eagles v Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

tawac wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:24 am
zimfan1 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:53 am
Tino is a future head to ZC. Intelligent, sensible and realistic. Will have a lot to offer Zimbabwe cricket after his playing days are over.
True but why bring a premature end to his career. It would seem for a country with limited resources in teams of players we do have a lot of turn over. Rogers, Rainsford, Blignault, Cremer, Meth, Mbangwa, Taibu are all players who have all tried something other than cricket.
Nothing to worry mate, he will play this season. He said that himself on commentary and is even targeting national comeback in tests. Let him earn a few bucks for being the intelligent brain he is.

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

jaybro wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:19 am
Elton Chigumbura 😂
Well cant help but feel sad for Chigumbura seems to have nothing left in the tank at all. Not even bowling and more.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Kasuza deserves a chance he topped the Logan Cup runs tally last year and has started well this season.

Over 2000 first class runs averaging 30 opening the batting is pretty good for Zimbabwe, I would have liked him to score more 100’s but in all he’s done very well
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

tawac wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:31 am
jaybro wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:19 am
Elton Chigumbura 😂
Well cant help but feel sad for Chigumbura seems to have nothing left in the tank at all. Not even bowling and more.
YEah look I feel sorry for him too I actually like Elton always thought he could have been that X factor Zimbabwe needed but he’s spent now.

tawac

Post by tawac »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:29 am
Nothing to worry mate, he will play this season. He said that himself on commentary and is even targeting national comeback in tests. Let him earn a few bucks for being the intelligent brain he is.
Well he is going to miss 2 rounds of FC class cricket. the Kaias and Kasuza could do so well and have him sitting it out for more? Also Vusi and Hammy all fighting for a spot in that top 4.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

If Chatara is fit enough to play here he was fit enough to play the Test. Period.

It was never really explained why he was left out of the SL test match either or was it (discounting dubious claims to "fitness issues")?

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

I can't understand why he is not in the team if he is fine for the Logan Cup

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Tinotenda Mutombodzi playing a great innings today

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Mutombodzi holding things together.

tawac

Post by tawac »

Mutombodzi get a 100 against a very good Muontaineers bowling attack. The kid can bat. He should get his average up.