[Logan Cup 2017 Round 3] Tuskers v Rising Stars

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [Logan Cup 2017 Round 3] Tuskers v Rising Stars

Post by pariah »

First and foremost I said all I needed to say about the Rising Stars and their comparison to the other sides

Rising Stars had a lead and their first ever advantage purely because of Mupariwa and Mavuta, plus their attack.

Again another typical case of bias. Burl had a couple of good knocks in the opening game, yet guys couldn't stop to heap praises on him. Suddenly Byrom gets one good knock, and similarly the same level of praise is being showered on him.

Question is, what of Mavuta, who apart from his bowling , has been brilliant with the bat? Mupariwa just stepped up in this game. He's been keeping and batting high up the order. Why isn't the forum falling all over itself of this young man? There is no evidence of that considering his knock came a day before Byrom? Is Stars do win this game, it's because they had already done enough to win it in the 1st innings and would have done so either way with or without Byrom.

What makes it even worse is that only Nyumbu is a decent bowler among those Tuskers players, and there's no explanation why Jongwe is bowling 2nd and 5th change? So even relativity in reason is non-existent in an effort to prop up one player above others. As much as the Stars attack will continue to be hyped, what of Kunje scoring against them unbeaten?

I told you long ago that if the intention was to bring in players then Byrom should have been targeted since it made financial sense. The general solution now is to drop the player on whom money was supposedly spent on too (albeit peanuts in comparison - Mire), and "buy" another player to open where he should not have been tried to begin with?

Let Byrom enjoy his time in Zimbabwe and go back to England.

Now is the time for Kasuza and Mashinge. I'm glad people here are slowly waking up to my Kasuza argument. You see you don't really disagree, you just delay to agree with me.

Just look at the spike in discussions about Chakabva, Kasuza, Chisoro, Mutizwa etc, names that barely get a page or two of mentions otherwise. Support and discuss all players.

Conant

Post by Conant »

Googly wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:59 pm
He starts slowly, I told you. He’s a top player, he will get it together. BT got 1 today, it happens.
I see Eddie Byron is unbeaten on 79 today.

I don't discrimate, its the least we expect of players who who ply it in better leagues and are touted as already about to replace incumbent Zim players. Its not his score I had a problem with but his strike rate was very surprising regardless. I would have understood a 35.

Anyway, well done lets hope he makes his 100 and many more to come.

zimfan1
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by zimfan1 »

Ton for Byrom. A good knock even though it was against a poor attack.

Musakanda out again after a start so frustrating. One wonders if he believes too much in his own hype.

pariah

Post by pariah »

zimfan1 wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:23 am
No doubt about that. Good knock nonetheless.

zimbot

Post by zimbot »

zimfan1 wrote:

Musakanda out again after a start so frustrating. One wonders if he believes too much in his own hype.
He gets a lot of these 20s and 30s and finds a way to get out. There is something to work with though...

Good stuff from Byrom! Seems to be a quality player.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Oh Pariah...
Where were we about Byrom? Watch and learn, and try and hush up for a day or two. :lol:

pariah

Post by pariah »

Googly wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:33 am
Oh Pariah...
Where were we about Byrom? Watch and learn, and try and hush up for a day or two. :lol:
Pointless arguing with me about Byrom. hAve got nothing to learn as I know all I need to know about him.

Conant

Post by Conant »

Yey yey! Byrom has got his ton. Congratulations.
zimfan1 wrote:

I believe the hype was about his evident talent. I'm sure it still exists.

But obviously that will be pointless if he doesn't make runs. He needs a kick up his backside, he and Burl have been quiet way too long now.

aydee

Post by aydee »

Team Train Wreck for the win!

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Byrom up to 141 not out now. He's clearly a cut above. Jongwe, Mboyi and Nyumbu are experienced enough that you can't chalk it up to it being a hopeless bowling attack.