One wicket, one run

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
watermelon

One wicket, one run

Post by watermelon »

watermelon here,

I really didn't understand the hype around Brendan Taylor and Kyle Jarvis' return for big money. So far they have contributed one wicket and one run in this test match against an ordinary West Indies. Imagine the outcry on this forum if one Stuart Matsikenyeri has been recalled for even a quarter of the money and scored one run, or if Elton Chigumbura has been recalled and snared only one wicket. BT and Jarvis however are above reproach. ZC would have been better spending this money on developing new black talent instead of bringing in a couple of white mercenaries who are doomed to fail.

-watermelon.
<3 Jemisi rules <3

jimbo

Re: One wicket, one run

Post by jimbo »

Yawn 🙄🙄🙄🙄

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Yes because a single innings makes an entire half of a career.

How about the bushels of failures guys like Elton, Vusi, and even Hami have had for over a decade? Even in this match as well as Hami may have played...had he did a Shai Hope ZIM would have had a first innings lead. Still has a shot to redeem himself in the 4th innings, but based on the last 300+ innings who would make that bet.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

One wicket, one run. Catchy!

You forgot Ed Byrom so at least make that 14 runs for the batsmen.

I haven't bothered to follow the game so haven't watched anything, including highlights.

After all, what's the point of following a team that believes a bowler of Panyangara's class is surplus to requirements and can be lost to Australian club cricket. ZIM cricekt is dead!

Anyway, nice to see Bangladesh being consistently humiliated by "quotas"!

NB: Preparing a spinning deck and your 3 spinners(plus reserve) still get thoroughly beaten by a team which picked just one spinner, not just in the XI but squad? My bad. The other two spinners are actually batsmen. My mistake! Anyway, 3 more days of pain. Could get very very ugly, but was always going to be the case.

Touch base again Tuesday.

Tom91
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Tom91 »

Finally found your voice pariah. Knew you would open your gob after today. Bet your loving this, just support team regardless of the skin colour. If not just walk away we don't need your negativity on this forum.

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

How many runs did elton manage against the rising stars franchise lately pariah across two innings. I give you a guess single figures

Robbo

Post by Robbo »

In an ideal world, i'd lock Pariah and Watermelon in a room and let them get on with it. However, I have a nagging suspicion that they are the same person.
It makes visiting this forum a chore at times. In theory, we are all here because we support Zimbabwe cricket and want to see them do well, but these two (or one) pricks make it a real trial.

Shortleg

Post by Shortleg »

Fair enough BT failed but he is Zims best batsmen across formats and anyone who doubts that is dumb. He will come right and prove all the doubters wrong. And anyone who watched Jarvis' opening spell in the second innings on a pitch that offers that pacers very little will acknowledge that he is a class red ball bowler he was on the money and found movement off the pitch. He offers so much more than any other Zim seamer currently other than chatara

watermelon

Post by watermelon »

watermelon again,

What sort of supporter would I be if I sat idly by while ZC admin made disastrous choices? Presumably when everyone here hated Mangongo they weren't supporting the team either? Blacks have screwed a lot of things up in Zimbabwe, but this blind worship of all things white isn't any better. I have become a successful businessman through applying sound logic and reasoning, not blindly nailing my allegiance to a person or race.

-watermelon.
<3 Jemisi rules <3

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Robbo wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:01 pm
In an ideal world, i'd lock Pariah and Watermelon in a room and let them get on with it. However, I have a nagging suspicion that they are the same person.
It makes visiting this forum a chore at times. In theory, we are all here because we support Zimbabwe cricket and want to see them do well, but these two (or one) pricks make it a real trial.
I was accused very recently of not being a ZIM well wisher...duh! I have no connection to ZIM and am a fan of the team that was their biggest rival for the better part of a decade.

But pariah/watermelon I am sure would celebrate the failures of a white Zimbabwe. And thats totally fair, just admit it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)