Mangongo casts the net wide for Under-19 World Cup

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Mangongo casts the net wide for Under-19 World Cup

Post by sloandog »

pariah wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:23 am
sloandog wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:13 am
pariah wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:10 am
I have my facts very much straight on this issue. Search the forum as opposed to arguing old things you have no knowledge of.
You've spoken to Robin Brown? Or you mean you're going off what others have suggested on a cricket forum? Hardly facts pal
I've quoted Robin Brown in an official article and to this day members of this forum ignore his testimony. And now you want me to believe Grant was fair to all players - contrary to official evidence - simply because Brown said so in a chat with you?
I actually saw Flower with the players in the nets in 2011, when I went to watch a game at Harare. Throw downs after throw downs after throw downs and Taylor was nowhere to be seen. He was throwing at two black lads, I think Sibanda but not sure of the other, may have been Taibu.
My point is you're basing your 'facts' on what you've heard, not what you know. GF was tireless with his batters and he put in a lot of work with all of them, just like he's currently doing with Pakistan. The fact you compare Mangongo (a man with no playing experience and no respect from the main bulk of the national players) to Grant Flower (a proven Zimbabwean batter and one of our greatest ever) shows how little you add to the forum.

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:30 am
pariah wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:23 am
sloandog wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:13 am

You've spoken to Robin Brown? Or you mean you're going off what others have suggested on a cricket forum? Hardly facts pal
I've quoted Robin Brown in an official article and to this day members of this forum ignore his testimony. And now you want me to believe Grant was fair to all players - contrary to official evidence - simply because Brown said so in a chat with you?
I actually saw Flower with the players in the nets in 2011, when I went to watch a game at Harare. Throw downs after throw downs after throw downs and Taylor was nowhere to be seen. He was throwing at two black lads, I think Sibanda but not sure of the other, may have been Taibu.
My point is you're basing your 'facts' on what you've heard, not what you know. GF was tireless with his batters and he put in a lot of work with all of them, just like he's currently doing with Pakistan. The fact you compare Mangongo (a man with no playing experience and no respect from the main bulk of the national players) to Grant Flower (a proven Zimbabwean batter and one of our greatest ever) shows how little you add to the forum.
So you've spoken to Brown, plus witnessed a net session. Well then search the forum. You'll be surprised. ;)

Don;t change the subject and make this about Grant and Mangongo's playing career. Butcher hated working with Grant, so did Heath. Dave Houghton thinks little of Grant. Again, go through the forum. How on earth you've missed all these bits amazes me.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

I have better things to do to be honest mate than go through the forum and prove that I'm correct.
I'm not making the discussion about their playing careers neither, I'm using it as a base to the fact that Grant has a greater knowledge of the game than Mangongo, period. He's been in situations and adapted to situations that Mangongo has only ever studied or simulated in his coaching career.

I couldn't care less what Butcher thought of Flower. He wanted control over his players and the fact that he disliked Flower probably shows that Grant had a strong influence on them. Houghton didn't think much of him? Not what I've heard. Only guy I know of who disliked him was Butcher.

pariah

Post by pariah »

sloandog wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:30 am
My point is you're basing your 'facts' on what you've heard
sloandog wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:07 am
Houghton didn't think much of him? Not what I've heard.

You never betray your youth at times :lol:

Although I must admit, not that you've completely left it off, but you're no longer as completely crude as before like jaybro, maybe he too will transform with time. ;)

Googly

Post by Googly »

I too watched Flower. These guys have only got so many throws a day in their shoulder. He gave all the top batters equal time, BT a little more because he specifically asked for it. Ask Tino how much time Gobs spent with him. We are so close to moving past race in our cricket and you’re dragging it out.

pariah

Post by pariah »

Googly wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:37 am
I too watched Flower. These guys have only got so many throws a day in their shoulder. He gave all the top batters equal time, BT a little more because he specifically asked for it. Ask Tino how much time Gobs spent with him. We are so close to moving past race in our cricket and you’re dragging it out.
:lol: Give me a break down of the player salaries and try to explain it according to performance, then we can talk. While at it, throw in the coaches packages too.

Once those cards are on the table then we'll know where we are.

Googly

Post by Googly »

So now you’re talking about salary disparities?
I was going to say Steve definitely kneed whatshisface in the groin. What can I say, it was a shit shot :lol:
It was for not sending a message onto the field timeously. No excuses.. a head butt would have been a better option.
He also bombarded PJ and that ended badly. PJ needed to improve against the short ball, but that was probably the wrong way. :lol:

pariah

Post by pariah »

Googly wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:44 am
So now you’re talking about salary disparities?
Is it ever about anything else?

Googly

Post by Googly »

If you have info on salaries it would be nice to share it.
Of course ZC (black guys) set those salaries based on a negotiation with the employee and what they deem he’s worth. It would pain those fuxkers to overpay a white guy. :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

Anyone with options negotiates better for his package. There’s no doubt that some guys are poorly paid. It’s not because they will use the money saved to pay the other cricketers better, they just enjoy big salaries in the office for doing less than f%^* all, and there’s still way too many of them. So a black guy takes advantage of another black guy and it’s the white guy’s fault?? :lol: