Mangongo casts the net wide for Under-19 World Cup

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Mangongo casts the net wide for Under-19 World Cup

Post by Conant »

Googly wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 2:41 pm
Conant I have no issues with Mangongo. Try and read the posts prior to that one. You can’t come half way through and start arguing with the grown-ups.
And when did I say you have issues with Mangongo? Except to basically cement what you said. Don't try to pick a fight dude, some of us are too nice for this nonsense.

By the way I'm still waiting for you to respond to this:
Conant wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:46 am
Googly wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:14 am
They played to full houses and those stats were against the top sides. You’re sounding like Pariah with that statement.
What does a full house have anything to do with those stats?

Streak played against top sides? Panyangara led the weakest side in years that regularly got flayed for 450. Including a second Test 540 against Sri Lanka 2004 in which he posted best match figures of 3-100 despite playing with more seasoned professionals Dougie Hondo and Blessing Mawhire.

You are sounding extremely biased, unreasonable and in denial.
Who's the adult now? :lol:

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I agree. I think Mangongo is just a really emotional guy but him not being an international player doesn't make him useless, it just gives him limitations we have to understand.

I remember his stint very well and in the end I think he was unlucky because he lost Taylor's support and he also lost to a rising Bangladesh team. Mshangwe did do something really stupid but it still doesn't give him the right to do what he did, he just lost his temper as he usually does. Dropping Taylor for poor performance makes sense only if you have somebody knocking on the door.

In the end we shouldn't forget he brought PJ, Madziva Jongwe and even Vermeulen into the team. Wasnt Mire also part of that infamous whitewash in Bangladesh as well? So as much as PJ might have been peppered with short balls, he did get his first big break when Mangongo was in charge. Australia did fall when he was coach too. Those are things we must not forget if we look at things fairly.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

Mangongo is better than most on ZCF think, but he isn't as good as pariah thinks.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

TapsC wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:48 am

True the gap between the top and bottom countries is ridiculous. Dont know why England still has so many guys have from other countries playing for them when they have such a well oiled system
Well guys like KP or Trott probably left thinking they might not make SA team. Plus a county countract pays more than domestic deals in any other country. Or maybe they left when they were kids like Cartwright in Australia.

England as one of the most developed countries on the planet will always get immigrants for various reasons.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)