Voting run-off - Best First XI competition

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!

Which is the best first XI?

Team D
30%
Team H
70%

Total votes: 20

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Voting run-off - Best First XI competition

Post by foreignfield »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:59 pm
brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:51 am
I voted for Team E. I liked the aggressive tactic of batting Cremer at 7 in order to fit both Price and Vitori into the bowling attack. And opening with Sikandar Raza to get Hami into his preferred #3 position.
TapsC wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:08 pm
Team E had a winner's mentality. backed people to do their job. that was my first pick
Yeah, that was the idea. At least I learnt that "go-for-the-kill" Anti-Streak 6-5 lineup was not favored here much... Alll the 5 bowlers I picked had test 5 fors, and picking 20 wickets was the priority (and now we also have Raza join that club. That team had 6 bowlers with test 5 fors :D)
Ah, well, I has my suspicions that team E was yours, Crimson. It was a close-call for me between E and eugene's team F, but your line-up was a bit too agressive for the chicken-shit coward I am :D

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:59 pm

Oh and yes, Congrats Jaybro! :)
Thanks Crimson
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

foreignfield wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:41 pm
but your line-up was a bit too agressive for the chicken-shit coward I am :D
:D

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:51 am
Overall this was quite a fun topic! It'd be nice to come up with another competition for the people who didn't get to play in this one... if anyone has any ideas do let me know :)
May be a competition where people write their plans of how they would run ZC if they were in charge. And people vote on these plans. This could even generate ideas on how ZC can clear the loans and how grassroots level cricket can receive impetus, how they would bring in sponsors to sustain the game etc. All burning items on the agenda. The plan must address all these aspects and not just fantasise on the next set of Zimbo youngsters one would want to entice and keep in the country. A full fledged work plan.

A lot of us armchair critics get to put on the thinking hat and be the Mukhulanis, the Hasnains, the Taibus and the Streaks of this situation and find out ways to improve things.

If the ideas are intelligent enough, the press, followed by ZC can sit up and take notice and go about the necessary reforms with some of these inputs too. A lot at stake!