MATCH THREAD! West Indies vs Zimbabwe 2nd test @ Queens Bulawayo

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Re: MATCH THREAD! West Indies vs Zimbabwe 2nd test @ Queens Bulawayo

Post by Jemisi »

Bobby has a great spirit. A good team man to hAve around but we need the wickets. Maybe Mpofu can carry the drinks and keep people's heads up

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:19 pm
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:17 pm
Where the hell does Raza get that accent from :lol:
He went to school in Scotland.
Thanks, that explains it.

americanzimfan

Post by americanzimfan »

As an American attempting to understand Test Cricket, I need some help on this one. Why would the West Indies agree to a draw when they could play tomorrow and have a good chance of surpassing 179 to 220 runs on the final day?

Thank you in advance.

americanzimfan

Post by americanzimfan »

As an American attempting to understand Test Cricket, I need some help on this one. Why would the West Indies agree to a draw when they could play tomorrow and have a good chance of surpassing 179 to 220 runs on the final day?

Thank you in advance.

clikcspeed
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by clikcspeed »

americanzimfan wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:02 pm

Thank you in advance.
Today was the final day. At the time they agreed to draw, only 15 overs (1 hour) was left in the match which was not enough to get a decisive result

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Surprised there's not more people on here celebrating the draw, this is a pretty good result for Zim!

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Quite an impressive draw to bat out 140+ overs on a turning pitch.

Also good to see the umpires balance the game with Cremer (according to BRMT's post). About time, haha.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

It was a good draw.. this is where it starts.. the wicket was turning and not completely flat. I guess at one point we could have won the game and maybe that's why people aren't celebrating. I think we are 70% there now.. this team beat England not so long ago so they are decent.

We just need to get a situation where at least 3 batsmen put their hands up at the same time... Like what happened in Sri Lanka in the ODIs.. it will come with experience. Like for example I'm sure they have seen that if you survive 30 or 40 balls in a test, things get a lot easier. We also need some strike bowlers and review the 8-3 line-up if the actual extra batsman isn't scoring much.

My biggest concern is that if Afghanistan prepare a turning track that leggie of theirs will tear us apart. I thought we were competent players of spin but the majority of the guys struggled and made Bishoo look better than he actually is

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

The Zimbabwe of old would have collapsed this morning allowing the Windies to win by tea. Great to see some lower-order fight.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

americanzimfan

Post by americanzimfan »

clikcspeed wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:23 pm
americanzimfan wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:02 pm

Thank you in advance.
Today was the final day. At the time they agreed to draw, only 15 overs (1 hour) was left in the match which was not enough to get a decisive result
Then that is where my error was. I thought Test Cricket was a five-day, not four-day match.