MATCH THREAD! West Indies vs Zimbabwe 2nd test @ Queens Bulawayo

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Kriterion_BD

Re: MATCH THREAD! West Indies vs Zimbabwe 2nd test @ Queens Bulawayo

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Hammy has really done well, all things considered. The pitch was a sporting one with a good amount of movement off the deck and the pressure is never higher when you are 14 for 3 winning the toss.

This is exactly the type of marquee knock that you expect of a senior batsmen. Taylor and Ervine, even Mawoyo have delivered them in the past, Hammy finally comes to the party. I guess his half century vs Pakistan could be included as well making it 2 marquee knocks.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Missed the action yesterday but checked the score just after BT got out, having no Williams or KJ plus Mire, Ervine & BT out cheap I thought it was going to be a bad day but Hami & Moor did a great job obviously.

Hami dominating as an opener against a very good pace attack guess he is a Test opener after all :D :D :D

Ever since I first saw him bat I've always thought he should open in all 3 formats, obviously he's done a good job @3 but for me I've always thought he was the best opener in Zimbabwe.

Can't see Zimbabwe taking 20 wickets without Williams and KJ

Funny too see Hhm start posting non-stop when the wickets were falling then went quiet when the partnership started, so obvious he wants Zimbabwe to fail.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

http://www.sonyliv.com/details/highligh ... ober,-2017

Highlights for those wanting to see

Wow Hami looked in good touch

Really need these two plus Waller, Regis & Cremer to make some runs need over 400 I reckon

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Here's a look at PJ Moor's Test batting innings by innings

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine ... ew=innings

Pretty good start to his career, maybe he could be a long term solution in the middle order ?

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 10:09 am
At the risk of jinxing them, but I must say this, the rapport between these two was really refreshing. Talking to each other regularly and helping each other out at every opportunity. We rarely see Zimbo batsmen doing this in partnerships.
I observed this yesterday at lunch itself and Hamilton makes it a point to talk about it in the end of day interview: http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/ ... -masakadza
Moor also had the advantage of batting with a veteran of 262 international matches at the other end to offer advice. "We spoke about tactics, discussing what the bowlers were trying to do, what we were trying to do to counter it," Masakadza said. "I actually had quite a bit of fun batting with PJ today, because he brought a lot of energy and he was very positive. I fed quite a bit off that. Between overs I had to stay calm, and keep us both focused."
To me, that really was the difference, how they fed off each other given the precarious situation.

Also, since people don't interview him often, we don't get to hear those smart quips much too...
"The boys were laughing at me in the changerooms for that," Masakadza said. "As it hit me, when it looped up I said to myself 'please don't carry'. When I saw it carry to the fielder I said to myself 'please don't give it'. When they didn't give it, I was saying 'please don't review'. And then when they reviewed I thought, 'ah, they're obviously going to see it on TV, I might as well go'."

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Ahh he's too honest Hamilton :lol: :lol: :lol:

Maybe this is why he seems to get the raw end of the stick by ZC

zimstarr
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimstarr »

I'm going to put a bet on Waller scoring under 10 runs with bowled as the mode of dismisal

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Anyone got a link going ??

Sony seem a bit slow off the mark today

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

haven't found one yet

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

zimstarr wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:00 am
I'm going to put a bet on Waller scoring under 10 runs with bowled as the mode of dismisal
Is that you, hhm? :)
jaybro wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:32 pm

Hami dominating as an opener against a very good pace attack guess he is a Test opener after all :D :D :D

Ever since I first saw him bat I've always thought he should open in all 3 formats, obviously he's done a good job @3 but for me I've always thought he was the best opener in Zimbabwe.
One swallow does not a summer make. I think he was given a choice he would choose three, if Byrom was available for instance.