Looking forward to Boxing Day

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Looking forward to Boxing Day

Post by pariah »

Best thing that can happen is Cremer and Williams being unavailable for this match.

The benefits are huge!

Zim don't have to pick a liability as captain and spinner, nor carry a passenger of near Malcolm status.

A few sacrifices required or embarrassment is in store.

Chakabva
Raza
Vusi
Hami
Craig
Taylor(WK)
Mutombodzi
Shingi
Jarvis
Chatara
Wellington

I don't have much hope for Moor against SA bowling if I must be honest. Maybe this was the proper time to ask Regis to take one for the team. Don't get the logic in excluding Vusi. A must for this game. Taylor's game a bit off, more so with him on holiday not Logan Cup. Batting low, he simply has to keep.

strikerlube

Post by strikerlube »

Provided the tour game goes well (AB is scary), Iknow everyone is expecting a bad time and first d/n match, pink ball, rabada and co under lights, its pretty intimidating. Let's look at the positives for a second;

This is going to be a great stage for the boys, should get decent viewing - especially as a day nighter its somewhat guaranteed to be better"

Our cricket is improving at a huge rate, even a draw would be a good result.

If the groundsman stuffs the deck up and we win the toss leaving them a scary day4 deck who knows what cremer can do.

Was the "scary day 4 deck" part too much?

Black Mamba
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Black Mamba »

strikerlube wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:51 am
Provided the tour game goes well (AB is scary), Iknow everyone is expecting a bad time and first d/n match, pink ball, rabada and co under lights, its pretty intimidating. Let's look at the positives for a second;

This is going to be a great stage for the boys, should get decent viewing - especially as a day nighter its somewhat guaranteed to be better"

Our cricket is improving at a huge rate, even a draw would be a good result.

If the groundsman stuffs the deck up and we win the toss leaving them a scary day4 deck who knows what cremer can do.

Was the "scary day 4 deck" part too much?
Spinners are least effective with pink bowl

reverbinstinct
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by reverbinstinct »

pariah wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:01 am
Best thing that can happen is Cremer and Williams being unavailable for this match.

The benefits are huge!

Zim don't have to pick a liability as captain and spinner, nor carry a passenger of near Malcolm status.

A few sacrifices required or embarrassment is in store.

Chakabva
Raza
Vusi
Hami
Craig
Taylor(WK)
Mutombodzi
Shingi
Jarvis
Chatara
Wellington

I don't have much hope for Moor against SA bowling if I must be honest. Maybe this was the proper time to ask Regis to take one for the team. Don't get the logic in excluding Vusi. A must for this game. Taylor's game a bit off, more so with him on holiday not Logan Cup. Batting low, he simply has to keep.
Ah!there it is.This isn't about moor,but you would rather tip someone who preferred to get mic'd up instead getting padded up for his domestic side,success against the SA bowling?.And boy did he put the domestic trundlers in their places once he decided to show up later!
Listen man,I am not urging on moor either,but YOU went on record,showering praises on his mini heroics against a strong WI pace attack,and now with good numbers to back his warrented selection up, you still don't want him to progress further,cos he doesnt fit your god knows "unprejudiced selection criteria"?