Zimbabwe A Tour Of UAE for 5 unofficial odis

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Andybligzz
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe A Tour Of UAE for 5 unofficial odis

Post by Andybligzz »

jaybro wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:59 pm
People are getting excited about Bruce because he’s a very tall left arm pace bowler who can bat, probably the same people who were getting excited about Ngarava despite his poor showings.

He didn’t bowl much in the current match but I’d say from looking at who’s taking the wickets it’s a slow turner so not ideal for a pace man.

Check yourself Conant you’re becoming Hhm 2.0
Thank you jaybro
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

Black Mamba wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:06 pm
Andybligzz wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:13 pm
That's a decent squad there . I don't understand why people are calling for Bruce's inclusion ? When I previously asked if anyone had seen or knew much about him no one could answer me. AnywayI think this squad is very fair except mutizwa , he's very unlucky indeed. Maybe nathan Waller could have been given another run , but hey he didn't really impress previously did he .
Do you keep a note on domestic cricket stats and A games stats ?
Yes I do just he's relatively new to me , being from aus don't have as much as idea as some here . Consistenly check players , scores ect.
Imagine you must know everything or at least feel you do
The Zimbabwe Cricket team have found Ebola in one of their members, but they're not concerned because they have also found Ebatsmen and Efielda!

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

Conant wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:29 pm
Andybligzz wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:13 pm
That's a decent squad there . I don't understand why people are calling for Bruce's inclusion ? When I previously asked if anyone had seen or knew much about him no one could answer me. AnywayI think this squad is very fair except mutizwa , he's very unlucky indeed. Maybe nathan Waller could have been given another run , but hey he didn't really impress previously did he .
White man's myth.
:mrgreen:

zimstarr
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimstarr »

Why is tymcen in the team

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

jaybro wrote:
People are getting excited about Bruce because he’s a very tall left arm pace bowler who can bat, probably the same people who were getting excited about Ngarava despite his poor showings.

He didn’t bowl much in the current match but I’d say from looking at who’s taking the wickets it’s a slow turner so not ideal for a pace man.

Still Ngarava made it into the side for his phisique, instead of getting enough wickets. Bruce & Nathan Waller performed in domestic cricket whatever chance they got. Chari & Madziva's selection looks surprising.UAE Pitches suits genuine fast bowlers as the conditions favourse reverse swing.
Robo to rule :oops:

Andybligzz

Post by Andybligzz »

The Robot wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:43 am
jaybro wrote:

Still Ngarava made it into the side for his phisique, instead of getting enough wickets. Bruce & Nathan Waller performed in domestic cricket whatever chance they got. Chari & Madziva's selection looks surprising.UAE Pitches suits genuine fast bowlers as the conditions favourse reverse swing.
We don't have anyone that can swing the ball let alone reverse swing the ball

The Robot
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by The Robot »

Andybligzz wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:30 am
The Robot wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:43 am
jaybro wrote:

We don't have anyone that can swing the ball let alone reverse swing the ball

Every touring team over the last 5 years have complained, tracks in Zimbabwe have gone slower, which is surprising in African Cricket, where tracks are famous for offering pace and bounce and new bowl does a bit. Last time, when the Zimbabwe Pacers impressed with swing in Zimbabwe was the tour of Bangladesh in 2012, when Brian Vitori troubled Bangladeshis with his indippers.

In most of the games in Zimbabwe, its the spinners who came into limelight then pacers. Zimbabwe Pacers have impressed with swing whatever the opportunity they got to play in Australia and New Zealand. Pacers like Jarvis did well in seaming conditions of UK. Few Rising Stars youths have also impressed in UK. They have the skill to do, but its not possible in slow and flaccid tracks.
Robo to rule :oops:

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

jaybro wrote:

you do realize that James Bruce has played 3 list A games and taken 3 wickets at an average of 43 and economy of 7 right? I don't even like Ngarava and feel like he has gotten special treatment but he has played at least 3 times the number of games as Bruce and has a better bowling average in the short format. they are after all playing the short format.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would pick somebody after 3 games with a list A average like that. give him time to prove himself. if he is good enough he will make the grade. the same reason why Muzarabani wasn't picked. not enough domestic games.

also the Robots criticism of Madziva being in the A team is ridiculous. we have all seen what he can do and he has proven himself at international level with 20 wickets in 12 games at an average of 26 and strike rate of 26. we have literally seen him win 2 games for us.

As for Chari I don't think he is good enough. I can agree on that. Nathan Waller is a different story. don't know why they always pick him for the longer format. there must be a reason

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:08 am

you do realize that James Bruce has played 3 list A games and taken 3 wickets at an average of 43 and economy of 7 right? I don't even like Ngarava and feel like he has gotten special treatment but he has played at least 3 times the number of games as Bruce and has a better bowling average in the short format. they are after all playing the short format.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would pick somebody after 3 games with a list A average like that. give him time to prove himself. if he is good enough he will make the grade. the same reason why Muzarabani wasn't picked. not enough domestic games.

also the Robots criticism of Madziva being in the A team is ridiculous. we have all seen what he can do and he has proven himself at international level with 20 wickets in 12 games at an average of 26 and strike rate of 26. we have literally seen him win 2 games for us.

As for Chari I don't think he is good enough. I can agree on that. Nathan Waller is a different story. don't know why they always pick him for the longer format. there must be a reason
Yes i realise that if you read my post carefully I haven't pointed to any of his stats to be a reason why people are getting excited about !!!

I said he's very tall

Left Arm seamer

And can bat

Also my references were mainly about his First class showing this season

Playing 3 First class games and 3 List A games isn't nearly enough of a sample to clearly state how good this guy is ( especially since most of us haven't seen him ).

Pointing out his List A bowling stats is really pointless as I could point to his List A batting average of 96 or his First Class bowling average of 11 with a strike rate of 29, but the sample is so small what's the point ??

The reason why people get excited or there is a large interest in players like Bruce is because white players are very rare in Zimbabwean Domestic cricket now a days, I think there is only about 11 or 12 in total ? Back in the mid to late 90's it was the same when a black players name was seen, people were naturally interested due to it being a rare commodity.
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

For the record I believe Ngarava played less List A matches before playing for Zimbabwe
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement