Zimbabwe A Tour Of UAE for 5 unofficial odis

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Stoneman Returns
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Re: Zimbabwe A Tour Of UAE for 5 unofficial odis

Post by Stoneman Returns »

Nathan Waller, James Bruce, Deven Bell should be in for W Masakadza, Chari & Madziva
Success depends on Aggressive Instinct

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

zimstarr wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:16 am
Why is tymcen in the team
Did well against SA Emerging. Best quicks before WI went to ZIM. Arguably the same quality of quicks Taylor and Craig couldn't handle.

You may actually find that Timecyn Maruma is the best batsman in that squad.

pariah

Post by pariah »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:08 am
you do realize that James Bruce has played 3 list A games and taken 3 wickets at an average of 43 and economy of 7 right? I don't even like Ngarava and feel like he has gotten special treatment but he has played at least 3 times the number of games as Bruce and has a better bowling average in the short format. they are after all playing the short format.

I don't think anyone in their right mind would pick somebody after 3 games with a list A average like that. give him time to prove himself. if he is good enough he will make the grade. the same reason why Muzarabani wasn't picked. not enough domestic games.
Well put.
also the Robots criticism of Madziva being in the A team is ridiculous. we have all seen what he can do and he has proven himself at international level with 20 wickets in 12 games at an average of 26 and strike rate of 26. we have literally seen him win 2 games for us
Even better

pariah

Post by pariah »

jaybro wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:20 am
The reason why people get excited or there is a large interest in players like Bruce is because white players are very rare in Zimbabwean Domestic cricket now a days, I think there is only about 11 or 12 in total ? Back in the mid to late 90's it was the same when a black players name was seen, people were naturally interested due to it being a rare commodity.
:lol: What's rare about Streak, Grant, Campbell, Viljoen etc being part of the furniture to this day?

Don't minimize "justice" to "rare commodity". In fact, how you see a contrast between the two is weird. Very weird. We don;t get excited when we see a white soccer player play soccer for a n African team because they are all over our TV screens. Same with cricket.
his is also a way of showing them where we stand. To say, "even our A team can beat your first XI" (if we can do it that is, like the good old days where our A teams bossed the associates). So, they would be serious about this series and I'm sure it will be a proper XIs played with List A status. Looking forward to it
So indirectly you admit that Streak's Zimbabwe are poor and the "new" players can't beat Associates like the post-rebel crisis players could? :D

pariah

Post by pariah »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:11 am
players need to have faith in the system in an economy like ours otherwise they will all quit like Aliseni because there is no financial security if you aren't in the national team. so playing domestic cricket is a sacrifice for many if you look at the opportunity cost. all they have is the hope that it's a fair process.
Pointless when Taylor and Jarvis salaries are backrupting an entire cricekt organisation. Imagine the damage they've caused to domestic players.

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

pariah wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:49 pm
jaybro wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 4:20 am
The reason why people get excited or there is a large interest in players like Bruce is because white players are very rare in Zimbabwean Domestic cricket now a days, I think there is only about 11 or 12 in total ? Back in the mid to late 90's it was the same when a black players name was seen, people were naturally interested due to it being a rare commodity.
:lol: What's rare about Streak, Grant, Campbell, Viljoen etc being part of the furniture to this day?

Don't minimize "justice" to "rare commodity". In fact, how you see a contrast between the two is weird. Very weird. We don;t get excited when we see a white soccer player play soccer for a n African team because they are all over our TV screens. Same with cricket.

Im talking about soccer in South Africa I'm talking about domestic cricket in Zimbabwe

Once again not bothering to read what others write
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

No sign of the game on espncricinfo 😐😐😐

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Timcen Maruma is not the best batter in that squad

tawac
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by tawac »

sloandog wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:40 am
Timcen Maruma is not the best batter in that squad
He may not be the best but I reckon he is worth his spot much like M. Waller he has been doing the business in the domestic games and even for the A team. He is a good pinch hitter as anyone in the country.

I wonder if Chari will ever kick into second gear or he is another Vusi story. He has gotten so many chances for very little in return. Maybe we should try the other Kaia and the likes of Kunje as well.
CHRISTOPHER MPOFU: 'The problem was fear of failure. I used to think that when I played, if I didn't do well in one game, I would lose my place for the next one but now I've let go of that'

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Please do yourselves a favour and look at Maruma’s career numbers before you start defending him