[Match Thread] Logan Cup - Rhinos v Tuskers Nov 12 - 15

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
totoro
Supports: Mountaineers

[Match Thread] Logan Cup - Rhinos v Tuskers Nov 12 - 15

Post by totoro »

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match Thread] Logan Cup - Rhinos v Tuskers Nov 12 - 15

Post by Train Driver »

Farcical, why is this game taking place and why has it got First Class status? this Rhinos side wouldn't be able to beat an English University 3rd XI, when the likes of Nyathi are considered for selection then it's more than time to consider the future of First Class cricket in Zim let alone Tests

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

The more important question is, why are Taylor, Jarvis and Williams not playing this round? Cremer, Mire, Raza and Waller are away for BPL, and Ervine and Chakabva played the last round itself, while Mpofu and Hamilton are back playing this round after resting from the previous round. Why are the remaining "stars" holidaying instead of adding credibility to the domestic scene?

But yes, I remembered Remembrance in the last round and he is back...

Googly

Post by Googly »

This is ridiculous. It really pisses me off. It should be part of their contract that they should have to play FC and Club fixtures when they’re available, which includes a proper one hour professional warm up like the rest of the world does.

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

Rank nonsense. hhm is gonna have us for supper.

Maybe ask @zimcricketv on twitter why the hell those three players are not playing, maybe they might relay the message?

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

yes this is ridiculous. sometimes you wonder if they realize that this is a full time job. you can't choose when to play or not. we barely play any cricket. they need to be available when its necessary

zimfan1

Post by zimfan1 »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 9:39 am
The more important question is, why are Taylor, Jarvis and Williams not playing this round? Cremer, Mire, Raza and Waller are away for BPL, and Ervine and Chakabva played the last round itself, while Mpofu and Hamilton are back playing this round after resting from the previous round. Why are the remaining "stars" holidaying instead of adding credibility to the domestic scene?

But yes, I remembered Remembrance in the last round and he is back...
Jarvis is injured.

BT is away on holiday at Lake Kariba :? (100% true)

jaybro

Post by jaybro »

Yeup Zimfan1 is right KJ injured and BT is holidaying with some of his county mates

not sure where Williams is though

it is a joke that these guys aren't playing every match, someone asked the question the other day 'what would you do if you were in charge of ZC?' well the first thing i would do is make sure these guys are working for their pay check. I don't mind seeing the guys well paid but If I were ZC i'd make sure i got my monies worth.

I'd expect the players to possibly play an extra round or two of Logan Cup cricket and also get more involved in growing the game by putting on clinics and going to schools.

As i said I dont mind the boys being paid well but especially in the current economic climate in Zimbabwe I'd want the boys to do a bit more
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

Spoilt privileged brats!

Then again, the Pakistani was all too happy to extend all these perks wasn't he, and he's paying for them too - for both Taylor and his mates that he's hosting.

As for Jarvis, I'm still waiting for Firdose, Liam and Tristan to shed more light on what pre-medical tests were done, when and by who, plus if they are insured, and with who.

Payment was made in advance and for long term contracts.

Far too many questions, but very little answers. A least their professional integrity is forcing these journos to gradually reveal info. It's their heads I'll be after if they continue to sweep things under the carpet.

aydee

Post by aydee »

Remember Williams missed the 2nd test, so he may well not be fit either.