Series thread: Standard Bank Pro20

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Series thread: Standard Bank Pro20

Post by Train Driver »

No, it's obvious, Masakadza has changed ends to bowl the 5th :roll:

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

...... and then Mupariwa the 6th, Utseya the 7th, Dabengwa the 8th .......

Is this an attempt to confuse the batsmen or the bowlers :?:

zulu

Post by zulu »

I dont know whats going through Utseyas head hes bowling chibahba at the death again!? and as expected hes getting slaped around! Utseyas descison making is not up 2 the mark! its common sense to bowl more expierienced bowlers like chigumbura or Mupariwa at the death not this part time medium that chibahba bowls it doesnt make sense :?

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

Looks like another game that is best forgotten, thank goodness that Matsikenyeri managed to get a few.

70 to win with 3 overs and 1 wicket to go, piece of cake :shock:

zulu

Post by zulu »

another embarissing performance

maehara
Administrator
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by maehara »

Theory: given that the semis and final coincide with Round 1 of the Logan Cup - which ZC can't really afford to lose players from - I suspect they're deliberately experimenting. Even accounting for injuries, the side that went out tonight seemed subpar.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Train Driver wrote:According to cricinfo there is just one change today, Timycen Maruma is in for Ray Price.

Zim have won the toss and chosen to field first.
Leaving out your best bowler is a smart selection :roll:
Unless he is injured of course, which I certainly hope he's not.

Also, the captaincy has been poor. Why is Chibhabha getting more overs than Chigumbura? It makes no sense.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Lets face it, the second match was snatched away by one man, and it can happen to any team. But yesterday's was a real poor show. The captaincy , or the think tank, and whoever is part of it, have to take a lot of blame for yesterday's loss. It is time to try out Masakadza or Price as captain.

Taibu can be invaluable in the middle order, as he can rotate the strike very well. He is being wasted at the top of the order, where a big hitter can make all the difference. Its high time Taylor gets back to opening. They have to win all the remaining matches to stand a chance of qualifying for the knock out stage...

baiju029

Post by baiju029 »

Till now I supported Utseya.But,now I have the same opinion as Crimson Avenger.He was doing that shuffling of bowlers to the best during the first 8 overs and I liked it.But,after that he really proved his lack of ability.He himself wasnt sure of whom to give an over....One thing,he should understand-If Mazakadza bowl better than Price on a day,Mazakadza should be given more overs not Price...Yesterday,Dabengwa was really fine and Mazakadza also did well.But,after 16th over he had to give the overs back to his fast bowlers Chingumbura and Mupariwa...Infact he gave two overs to mupariwa which he bowled well.But other 2 overs were pathetic------Dabengwa going for 21 and Chibabha for 15 or so.

If Chingumbura or even Mazakadza had bowled those overs, the score could have been reduced to 140 atleast.But,our batting cant even afford 120 i think.Its really worse.But,I really like Taibu opening with Mazakadza.He can hit sixes at ease better than Taylor in the earlier overs.But,Chakabwa has to come in for Nyamuzinga.He will surely score 20 runs in each game which we truly lack nowadays.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

baiju029 wrote:Till now I supported Utseya.But,now I have the sa...
Me too, but I think we need to turn to someone more experienced now. Tatenda Taibu please.

The bloke has captained us in Test's... that shows how long he's been around :P
Also, he seemed to become a better player when captaining, it seemed to push him that bit further.

Utseya I think has struggled a bit, although arguably his batting has got better.