Series thread: Standard Bank Pro20

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Re: Series thread: Standard Bank Pro20

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

For tonights game against the Cobras:

Squad: CJ Chibhabha, E Chigumbura, AG Cremer, KM Dabengwa, T Maruma, H Masakadza, S Matsikenyeri, TMK Mawoyo, T Mupariwa, T Muzarabani, SK Nyamuzinga, RW Price, BRM Taylor, P Utseya

With a bit of luck, we'll play the following XI:

Taylor, Masakadza, Chibhabha, Matsikenyeri, Nyamuzinga, Dabengwa, Chigumbura, Price, Utseya, Mupariwa, Muzarabani

Batting is very weak. It's between Nyamuzinga and Mawoyo for that last place. Bowling is also weak. Muzarabani/Cremer/Maruma all fighting for the one spot in the team, and we have a real lack of pace, so it would make sense to play the extra quick. Three spinners (4 if you count Dabengwa) would be too much for a Twenty20... unless Price makes way for Cremer or Maruma.

I think it is safe to say Brendan Taylor will open today, with no Sibanda and no Taibu. But then again, stranger things have happened. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Matsikenyeri or Mawoyo opened.

Edit: Cricinfo predict H Masakadza, BRM Taylor, CJ Chibhabha, TMK Mawoyo, S Matsikenyeri, E Chigumbura, KM Dabengwa, P Utseya, AG Cremer, RW Price, T Mupariwa as the starting eleven. If true I guess Chibhabha will bowl a few overs...

Train Driver
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by Train Driver »

The XI are Masakadza, Taylor, Chibhabha, Mawoyo, Matsikenyeri, Chigumbura, Dabengwa, Utseya, Cremer, Price and Mupariwa.

Not a very good start, Taylor out 1st ball and the score 1-1 after 1.2 overs.

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

It gets worse, Masakadza out now, and the score ..... 7-2 after 4 overs with Matsikenyeri and Mawoyo batting.

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

22-3 after 7.4 overs.

cricinfo seem to have decided that although Matsikenyeri and Mawoyo were batting the 3rd wicket is that of Chibhabha :roll:

Matsikenyeri and Dabengwa are now supposedly at the wicket.

I'm off out, I think it's best with the score so far, maybe Andy Flower will be batting when I get home 8-)

jimbo

Post by jimbo »

Awfull strike rate from masakadza and chibhabha. What do they think they were playing? A test match?

zulu

Post by zulu »

awful effort 84-9 20 overs... the only time zim are any good at 20/20 cricket is if Taylor and Sibanda open the innings as we saw in the t20 world cup zim are gonna get a walloping here this has been a dismal tournment for them :(

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

All is not lost, great bowling by Price though...

baiju029

Post by baiju029 »

bad worse worst.........Pro 20 series has just been that for Zims.Hopefully,I like to forget this episode.It was completely unexpected for me.I thought Zims could win atleast 3 games but now,it has to be satisfied with just one.This also shows how low the domestic cricket standards are in Zimbabwe as the national side players were reaping a lot of runs in the domestic 20 competition.

Iam also dissatisfied with the Indian tour cancellation.I hope the officials will find some teams to play against.As bangladesh has got tournaments in June and July,they should look for Kenya and Ireland.Lets hope..thats all wish to do now

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

Rain at Centurion :x

I was rather hoping that this last match would give the players a chance to get the dreadful performance a couple of days ago out of their minds.

Maybe it's just a shower :roll:

Train Driver

Post by Train Driver »

cricinfo now state that the game will start 40 minutes late, in about 10 minutes.

Zim have won the toss and elected to bat, no team at present.