[Match Thread] Logan Cup - Rising Stars v Mountaineers Nov 12 - 15

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [Match Thread] Logan Cup - Rising Stars v Mountaineers Nov 12 - 15

Post by grant »

I liked Magarira's bowling in the u19 world cup. He keeps it real tight. His accuracy is quite good for someone his age. There's a lot of deadwood in many of the franchises and there were some deserving players that were sitting out because of this. The Rising Stars experiment is showing just that.

Anyone knows what's up with Tawanda Bidi? I remember reading he had some gas but lacked control. And where's Matigimu these days?

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

The Don keeps putting them on the board!

jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jaybro »

Vusi makes 60 #GETHIMINTHETEAM
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

TapsC wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:18 pm
Tiripano really might be the best bet for number 8. I would actually prefer him ahead of Mire in the test team then we reshuffle the batting order. he can definitely offer more..
Someone just said Australia turned Mire into something better than what the Logan Cup would have turned him into had he stayed. :lol:

Those are the same people who will resist the fact that after all those seasons in County cricket, Jarvis is inferior to Chatara, Shingi and Panyangara.

Zero76

Post by Zero76 »

Shingi hasn't taken a single wicket in this years Logan Cup yet. Regardless of what he did in the past, on recent form he shouldn't be anywhere near the Zimbabwe team. I wonder if he might have got some sort of injury?
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

Nyauchi getting both Byrom and Murray early. don't know why a lot of people don't rate this guy but he really has put the hours in on the domestic front.. don't really see the Rising stars going far this innings after losing their 2 key batsmen.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

TapsC wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:40 am
Nyauchi getting both Byrom and Murray early. don't know why a lot of people don't rate this guy but he really has put the hours in on the domestic front.. don't really see the Rising stars going far this innings after losing their 2 key batsmen.
Yeah, its a scary proposition now that even Kamunhukamwe is gone.

Regarding Nyauchi, I remember gargamel quoting an incident that could have given rise to bad blood between him and Ntini, leading to him not being considered at all: http://www.zimcricketforums.com/viewtop ... 890#p97890
gargamel wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:49 pm
faced him over the weekend bowled seven straight quicker than dony in my opnion. Looking at his stats the long format is his strength .Nyauchi is simply not liked by coach Ntini as they were involved in a scuffle when a certain net bowler called Ntini a confused cockroach which lit up Ntini who in turn beat the net bowler before Nyauchi stepped in and defended the bowler before alos being very vocal on the need of good long term contracts for emerging or high performance players
Sadly, it also sounded more like Ntini was the one to blame too.

pariah

Post by pariah »

Zero76 wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:35 am
Shingi hasn't taken a single wicket in this years Logan Cup yet. Regardless of what he did in the past, on recent form he shouldn't be anywhere near the Zimbabwe team. I wonder if he might have got some sort of injury?
True. It's a concern, but when has he ever started a FC season well? Never!

pariah

Post by pariah »

TapsC wrote:
I don;t know much about Nyauchi, except that he's flopped for the A/XI side against modest opposition.

I don't think getting Byrom and Murray is anything to write home about. They are both average batsmen. Arguably most in England will still consider Byrom to be a batsman with no century to his name, and just one fifty, while Murray is an average u19 batsman as the stats have shown.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

pariah wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:54 am
TapsC wrote:
I don;t know much about Nyauchi, except that he's flopped for the A/XI side against modest opposition.
Ah, this is interesting. The SA Emerging side which was a world beater till now, is a modest opposition now.