[MUGABE HAS RESIGNED] Zimbabwe celebrates!

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe Coup underway?

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

TapsC wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:14 am
Personally heard gunshots in the middle of the night.. sounded like AK-47 kind of fire. with a couple of explosions. true story. I don't live too far from where the President lives. they have taken over the state broadcasters. will see if they are present on the streets. somebody I know who has a very early start to his day said there are some military roadblocks present.

Will see what happens over time. nothing is 100% clear yet
Interesting times ahead.

Do you think my boy Bobby has been popped?

I can’t imagine his personal security would be much match for the army. Could also have sympathisers in his crew.
Especially with gunfire being heard. They were shooting at someone.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

I like that the army said Mugabe and his family were safe. That means they have already left the country or are under house-arrest.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I think he is still alive. that's what the military is saying right now but his personal security has probably been wiped out. you see these guys all have a soft spot for Bob .. they view him as a father figure for some strange reason. so they probably won't harm him. all his allies are in hot soup tho. but now he will probably be their puppet and they will use him to win the next election then retire him.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

I would be surprised if they try to harm him. Although it all may be 'too much' for his nonagenarian heart to take.

cricket_22001

Post by cricket_22001 »

I wish all of you the best & hope you remain safe.
For all the harsh words & difference of opinion in this forum, we are only commenting on a game. Albeit, a game that, at its best, showcases the greatness of the human condition.
But to those living hand to mouth & facing potentially dire consequences, I realise how blessed I am to be in Australia- dubbed the lucky country for good reason.
Good luck to all affected.

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

cricket_22001 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:02 am
For all the harsh words & difference of opinion in this forum, we are only commenting on a game. Albeit, a game that, at its best, showcases the greatness of the human condition.
+1. Can't agree more.

Here's wishing safety for everyone in Zim and the courage to come through this turmoil.

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

cricket_22001 wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:02 am
But to those living hand to mouth & facing potentially dire consequences, I realise how blessed I am to be in Australia- dubbed the lucky country for good reason.
Good luck to all affected.
good one

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

The zanu_pf twitter feed is unearthing some gems right now. Looks like Mnangagwa is the new patron of Zimbabwe Cricket, so to speak.

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

I really don't know what's wrong with some Zimbabweans.

First they supported a Trade Union movement fully funded by the West, capitalists and very same exploitative abusive farmers and employers plus led by an ugly semiliterate womaniser they had assaulted.

Mbeki would have none of it because SA wouldn't have any of it.

Now they are suporting army rogues aligned to a highly flawed and legitimately fired Deputy President. This is all happening at a time when SA is faced with a DP who is fully funded by the West, same exploitative abusive racist capitalists. He too being their ugly stooge. But crucially, he's backed by rogue retired army generals and elements paid handsomely by the regime change agents.

No way SA will stand for this.

Zimbabweans in SA must pray Ramaphosa wins, because after this stunt by Mnangagwa linked Chiwenga, SA under Nkosazana, and the AU in general won't give a hoot about Zimbabweans. Even more so as soon as Mugabe dies.

Just like cricket in Zimbabwe, I see not much life for the country after this.

Yes there are conflicting reports about what's truly happening, but whatever the case might be, I tend to believe army is at least flexing its muscles for factional political reasons.

Zimbabweans never really had a genuine reason to revolt in their masses before. Now is the time else they risk open isolation.

Why those in SA aren't more vocal and active in condemning what is or could develop - considering they are most at risk is beyond me.

You only need to look at how West linked Ian Khama still treats even antiZANU-Mugabe people in Bots. Nobody cares, you're just pawns. Educated and naïve pawns?
Last edited by pariah on Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jemisi

Post by Jemisi »

You are saying a lot of things there. Illuminating as always.