[MUGABE HAS RESIGNED] Zimbabwe celebrates!

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe Coup underway?

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Any fair dinkum zim leader who actually cared about the people will make it their mission to get the sanctions removed so they can start trading with all lanes open.

That means adhering to certain terms and conditions.

Conditions most countries find easy to complyvtoo but Im have struggled. This new guy seems to be on the right page for it.

I’m shocked how many zimbos don’t seem to care about Bob anymore.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

The response from Zimbabweans on social media and in interviews on the street is almost unanimous support for the coup. Everyone is tired of Mugabe's crap and the kleptocracy that comes with him. Ian Douglas Smith is more popular with Zimbabweans than Mugabe.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Googly

Post by Googly »

Suggesting that Chiwenga and Mnangagwa murdered Mujuru May well be a high risk statement :lol:
Suggesting that this temporary take-over is driven by the West shows that you’ve been brain-washed, and I use that term lightly.

Googly

Post by Googly »

It may be a fake document but have just read an interesting statement from Boris Johnson that endorses the events and wants direct flights reinstated immediately so the Zimbos in UK can return home asap. :lol:
If it’s true it will mean Mr Mugabe will be getting some serious support all of a sudden. :lol:

pariah

Post by pariah »

eugene wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:43 pm
No, China is endorsing and supporting this coup, Chiwenga was just in China last week.
And Mnangagwa was in hiding in SA, while MDC meets all the big players here in SA. Your point?

pariah

Post by pariah »

No right-minded and literate Zimbabwean who is informed in the slightest can back anything to do with Mnangagwa.

I can forgive a few confused foreign lot here because somehow you blame Mugabe for Gukurahundi but overlook Mnangagwa, the very person on the ground - the Goering!

Politically Mnangagwa has zero currency. He would lose Presidential elections against pretty much every other opposition leader if elections were run tomorrow.

Mugabe fired him legitimately. He is disloyal, disrespectful, unreliable and deceitful! He was fired for the right reasons.

Those engineering his rise to power know he's desperate for that support otherwise he is nothing without that level of external backing.

Zimbabwe can never recover from being led by an unelectable leader. Do you honestly think that after the Brits and Yanks have installed him, he will go away quietly if he somehow loses elections?

Opposition know a coalition will definitely defeat Mnangagwa.

So what is the end game?

It's actually sickening and rather foolish that anyone can see anything positive coming out of this. Why do you think AU, SADC, and SA in particular are acting fast on this today? ZIM will be doomed t eternity if this is not reversed! They will be another Nigeria gong forward - "silent" coup after coup after coup after coup.

I'll say it again, and pay attention this time...
1. Mugabe and the Security chiefs meet first (includes Defence, Police, Intelligence and Prisons). They make all the decisions together first.
2. After that they meet with Cabinet, who basically have to rubber-stamp what was outlined.
3. With Mugabe old they were obviously taking the decisions together. So obviously they failed to all agree amongst themselves. In all likelihood Defence being outvoted (which in itself is a sign that more violence is still to come, particularly with all the arms caches throughout Zimbabwe).
4.Another factor is that Cabinet was not rubber-stamping every decision they made in Mugabe's absence.
5. The only solution to this was for the Security cluster to insist that a new leader be elected and internal party elections be held so they can have influence via a democratically elected leader accepted by the party.
6. If Mnangagwa was indeed popular and felt he could win, why didn't he contest against the likes of Sekeramayi, Kasukuwere etc? Why did they force the ZANU youth league leader to issue apology statement under duress? Why use force against Grace Mugabe if you can defeat her in elections that you oversee?

It's downright foolish for anyone to suggest that all of this was done to overcome Grace Mugabe and her G40 group? What power do they have over any arm of the security cluster? This is the most foolish analysis you can ever hear from anyone. Grace posed no threat. Yes political tricks were done to help her rise up the ranks, but plenty people in ZANU today actually became powerful long after she was a force. She didn't appear yesterday remember, and is entitled to build up political support in her own capacity, just like Hillary Clinton etc and any other Zimbabwean citizen. So what coward was afraid of losing ZANU elections to Grace?

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

You keep talking about "elections" like it's some sacrosanct thing in Zimbabwe, hhm.

"So and so is afraid of losing an election to so and so", "so and so is unelectable", "why doesn't so and so contest against the others"...

When was the last time an election result in Zimbabwe mattered? Mugabe didn't let some silly matter like losing the 2008 election stop him from being president.

Think about it like this - Mnangagwa just saved the taxpayers a lot of money by bypassing the charade of an election.

I say let's give the guy a chance. Mugabe is a known quantity failure, things have been shocking under him. Mnangagwa is cut from the same cloth, obviously. So he might be just as bad, he might be worse. But Zimbabwe has been going nowhere for a long time, I think people are happy to roll the dice and see what happens at this point. The best case scenario, he realises that the best way to line his own pockets is by opening up the country to business again. Rather than the Mugabe-esque "I'll take a big slice of nothing", maybe he'll be smart enough to realise that life can be pretty good if he can settle for taking a small slice of a fully functioning economy.

Conant

Post by Conant »

pariah wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:19 pm

If the army thinks Grace Mugabe does not deserve power then let her be defeated politically. Party memebrrs are "smart enough" to vote against her right? Why does the at insist on a coup instead of insisting on overseeing internal ZANU elections instead of Zimbabwe Electoral Commission? What are they afraid of? Democracy under their guidance?

Because she was going to be imposed either way, pariah and whtever Mugabe says goes.

Do you see the deperate bootlicking that goes on in his presence.

In the end she wouldn't have been able to hold on for more than two years because she is not Bob, but as it turned out, Mnangagwa was no longer willing to wait that long.

A definite coup and this time even carefree and bloody would have been eminent with Grace in power, that's certain.
brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:42 pm
TapsC wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:10 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:48 pm

Anyone know whether Mnangagwa is? All I can find about it is that he met with the ICC chairman a few months ago - but that was probably just a photo op rather than any indication that he's a fan of Masakadza's booming cover drive.
Oh, Mnangagwa...! The Butcher of Matebeleland, Bob right hand man for over 50 years. Yes, he is complicit in everything.

Although apparently he protected a few white farmers in his Midlands province and Britain view him favorably as a successor. Whether or not thats a good thing, I will leave you to decide.

Googly wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:46 am
It may be a fake document but have just read an interesting statement from Boris Johnson that endorses the events and wants direct flights reinstated immediately so the Zimbos in UK can return home asap. :lol:
If it’s true it will mean Mr Mugabe will be getting some serious support all of a sudden. :lol:
Fake because ever the big mouth he has already come on television denouncing replacing one tyrnat with another. In many senses he is correct but the people of Zimbabwe do not mind these new developments for now. Emerson Mnangangwa is not ideal but they just want a new way forward.

I expected this position from hhm but to claim General Mujuru was assassinated without Mugabe's knowledge and consent is rather disingenuous.

They were all in it and Mugabe bore a grudge from the Bhora Musango elections of 2008. For those not in the the know, General Mujuru was already begind the scenes trying to retire Mugabe as way back in 2003 and decampained Mugabe in those elections in 2008, now known as Bhora Musango. (Kick the Ball to Hell, or Own Goal).

This is a fact that even hhm can not dispute. The only way is to spin it, hey my friend?
pariah wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:10 am

Mugabe fired him legitimately. He is disloyal, disrespectful, unreliable and deceitful! He was fired for the right reasons.

Those engineering his rise to power know he's desperate for that support otherwise he is nothing without that level of external backing.

Zimbabwe can never recover from being led by an unelectable leader. Do you honestly think that after the Brits and Yanks have installed him, he will go away quietly if he somehow loses elections?

Opposition know a coalition will definitely defeat Mnangagwa.

So what is the end game?

I
The words you use to describe Mnanganwa are all that you should be using to describe Mugabe and more. And cunning and selfish to that mix.

We all knew that Mugabe wanted to die in power but that he was also planning to leave his wife in power? No. Successive vice President from Nkomo to Muzenda to Zvobo (Secrtay for Administration) and finally Joice Mujuru and then now Mnangagwa thought at some point he was going to "benevolently " rest and retire power to them.

But they waited, and he didn't, instead he spun this rude shock called Grace Mugabe upon us.

Finally somebody had the guts to do something. I'm not endorsing the coup action because by deed this is what it was but I'm not complaining.

I would only be complaining if there was ever a real threat of war, which there isn't. You are going to argue there is and was but you are just being hhm.

The only thing worse than the dictatorship if the past 37 years is war so why would we be surprised that the ordinary Zimbabwean does not mind the new events?
pariah wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:10 am

It's downright foolish for anyone to suggest that all of this was done to overcome Grace Mugabe and her G40 group? What power do they have over any arm of the security cluster? This is the most foolish analysis you can ever hear from anyone. Grace posed no threat. Yes political tricks were done to help her rise up the ranks, but plenty people in ZANU today actually became powerful long after she was a force. She didn't appear yesterday remember, and is entitled to build up political support in her own capacity, just like Hillary Clinton etc and any other Zimbabwean citizen. So what coward was afraid of losing ZANU elections to Grace?
She was already using force clocked in Mugabe's pen, don't kid yourself.
Last edited by Conant on Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

This is the most informative article I've read so far:

http://af.reuters.com/article/africaTec ... G0JB-OZATP
Zimbabwean intelligence reports seen by Reuters suggest that former security chief Emmerson Mnangagwa, who was ousted as vice-president this month, has been mapping out a post-Mugabe vision with the military and opposition for more than a year.

Fuelling speculation that that plan might be rolling into action, opposition leader Morgan Tsvangirai, who has been receiving cancer treatment in Britain and South Africa, returned to Harare late on Wednesday, his spokesman said.
- IF - that is true, and Mnangagwa's place is to put another government of national unity into place then I think a lot of goodwill from the international community will be headed his way.

eugene

Post by eugene »

I love pariah talking about democracy and Zimbabwe, so naive. Zimbabwe hasn't been a democracy in the last 20 years. The only reason Mugabe has stayed in power is that the military supported him as he rigged elections and intimidated opponents. The military seized power in Zimbabwe a long time ago.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes