[MUGABE HAS RESIGNED] Zimbabwe celebrates!

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: Zimbabwe Coup underway?

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Pariah you overthink.

A dictator that’s running the economy to the ground being removed semi peacefully is a good thing.

It’s a necessary first step. Things could be better or worse but this had to happen in some form.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

pariah wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:00 pm
Conant I don't even know where to begin with you. Chiwenga is Mnangagwa's protege while Mnangagwa is just an onlooker on Shiri's actions? :?

Anwyay, basically, anyone who believes that the military acted to block Grace Mugabe's presidential ambitions is a fool!

Anyone who believes that this is all to do with Grace Mugabe is hopelessly hoodwinked.

I wonder what's worse, a foreign white man celebrating Mnangagwa and looking forward to embracing him or a Matebele "not complaining" over Mnangwagwa. Then again whites in Western Cape have honoured FW de Klerk, and people like Mbeki and Motlanthe have dined with him! So anything is possible.

In fact, this discussion is a waste of time.

It's just like Zimbabwe Cricket. Two tragic things happening at the same time and ZCF somehow manages to find positives in them.

Lauding Mnangagwa! Wow!

I pity you lot!

NB: Mugabe has refused to step down or resign. What now? International community will overthrow a sitting president on the back of a coup, then install a coalition government of unelected people to rule for 5 years? :lol:
This is actually bordering on idiocy. I always find it funny when supporters of Mugabe live out of the country.

Also, lets not forget that Mugabe lost an election in 2008, and is essentially not a democratically elected president.

By the way, not sure if you are aware, but that is exactly what coups are. Overthrow an official who has become tyrannical and does not act in the best interests of the people. No world leader is bigger than their citizens.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

I'm sure Grace pities us too Hhm.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Just like the Zimbabwe cricket team in the middle stages of a run chase, the Zimbabwe army has let this slip away.

Mugabe now in public at a university graduation event. When has something like this ever happened before?

This will either go down as the worst failed coup in history, or there's some brilliant tactical manoeuvres happening in the background here.

Where is Mnangagwa?

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

there is no turning back mow otherwise they will be hanged..army still in control. no police in sight. my guess is that it's for legitimacy. they don't want it to look like a coup otherwise all those other African dictators running scared right now seeing their hero fall will come to his rescue. they are all waiting for the slightest chance of violence. so let him do his business whilst he is under house arrest whilst they negotiate with him to leave.

from what I'm hearing he will leave but he wants that final stroll down the sunset to finish his term and retire like Dos Santos did in Angola but the Army is having none of that. that's where the current deadlock is in negotiations. violence is the last thing we need

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 60396.html

This should clear up his public appearance.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

It is game over for Mugabe. He will be impeached by parliament and removed as leader by his own party if he doesn't resign. Hopefully a transitional government with all parties represented to some degree will be installed, it is no coincidence that Zimbabwe had a few years of economic recovery when the last unity government was in place. Zimbabwe will need all sides to come together if it is to ever recover from decades of Mugabe's incompetence.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01 ... ght-years/

A little update on the Mount Carmel Farm situation/incident.

It appears that Freeth is still holding out hope that a government I the future comes to him and his family, and ask to sustain the farm to what it previously was. With the Mugabe regime finally coming to a fucking end!! can we dream of a more unified nation..? I won't hold my breath but we can only hope

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

That is an eerily strange coincidence that you just wrote that about Ben Freeth sloandog (given Freeth's relationship to Mike Campbell) because I had already prepared this post, before I got the alert that you had already replied...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_peo ... llionaires
There also exists the elusive Campbell family, equated by some to a type of Rhodesian royalty. Perhaps amongst the country's richest, they were quite possibly the hardest hit by Mugabe's regime against whites. In the 1970s they reportedly held over 40 businesses in diverse sectors, owned a seventh of the capital city in one form or another, and had a handful of very large and extremely profitable tobacco farms in and around the Chikomba area of the Mashonaland East Province; all of which were illegally repossessed by the government.[71] They were known to be great philanthropists, donating millions to charities for the educational welfare and education of impoverished children throughout Zimbabwe. The vast majority of the Campbell's businesses were stolen by Mugabe's government, in a racially motivated show of power. After the 'land redistribution programme' spearheaded by Mugabe, all that remains of the Campbell business empire is Pomona Stone Quarry [72] on Alpes Road in Southern Harare, and their holding company listing.[73] Unfortunately for the Campbells it means that their long-standing family empire is now left in ruin. The family now usually keep to themselves, and some reportedly moved to the United Kingdom as well as South Africa.
This Wikipedia entry was added by someone who wrote "added in detail of the Campbells, a prominent family in Zimbabwe. Unfortunately ruined by the government, they deserve some recognition for their former charity."

So many questions...

- Is AC part of this elusive empire?
- The Pomona Stone Quarry as referenced seems to be owned by Angie Campbell according to their website
- What is the significance of "Pomona" to the Campbell family?
- Is it a coincidence that Pomona Food Court (in Borrowdale) is on Campbell Road?
- Is it a coincidence that "Pariah State" restaurant is on Campbell Road?
- Is hhm ("Pariah") actually a disgruntled Campbell who is bitter against the world now that "their long-standing family empire is now left in ruin"? ;)

Just kidding about that last point, but is this Campbell empire an actual well-known thing locally (Googly? gargamel? Bulawayo Boy?) or is it just some BS that someone has put on Wikipedia?

sloandog

Post by sloandog »

Aha that's very weird :lol:

But yea, incredibly sad. I remember reading about this in 2009 when the farm was actually burnt down. So terribly tragic (as were all the land repossessions). They were literally left with the clothes on their backs, nothing more. All their family photos, their memories, their treasures all gone because some drunken war dog thought it would be funny; all of which was instigated by the fucking pig Mugabe. I hate him with a passion and will be throwing a party when he dies (seriously).

Ben Freeth is such an incredible bloke, a true Zimbabwean.