[MUGABE HAS RESIGNED] Zimbabwe celebrates!

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: Zimbabwe Coup underway?

Post by Googly »

Mike Campbell is the father-in-law of Ben Freeth I believe. They are brave and honourable men and I salute them. Tomorrow we march and God willing it’s a new dawn.
The Campbell clan from the quarry are a different crew. They had lots of property in Chivhu, a fantastic farming community of 500 people some years ago, down to 4 now I believe.

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

In Paris, the head of the African Union, Guinea’s President Alpha Conde, warned that the continent “will never accept the military coup d’etat” in Zimbabwe and called for a return to the “constitutional order”.

“(Problems) need to be resolved politically by the ZANU-PF party and not with an intervention by the army,” added Conde.
South Africa Department of International Relations Spokesperson Clayson Monyela said “The fact that the military has stopped short of announcing its intervention as a coup has emboldened Mugabe,”
...while Zuma is treading carefully, he is cognisant of the fact that an implosion in Zimbabwe will have a “catastrophic” impact on South Africa and neighbouring countries. “The only solution is diplomacy. Sanctions or a military intervention are out of the question. Mugabe is still the legitimate leader of Zimbabwe. Any action outside of a diplomatic approach will simply harden his attitude and make peace an illusion in Zimbabwe,”
Mugabe balked at mediation efforts by Catholic priest Fidelis Mukonori.
Mugabe had no plans to resign voluntarily ahead of elections scheduled for next year
I don't know what's more silly, people expecting AU and SADC to simply allow the army to overthrow a sitting head of state in Zimbabwe due to factional party battles on behalf of one un-electable group or people actually expecting Mugabe to resign. :lol:

pariah

Post by pariah »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:37 am
...the Zimbabwe army has let this slip away.

This will either go down as the worst failed coup in history, or there's some brilliant tactical manoeuvres happening in the background here.

Where is Mnangagwa?
Keep hoping. If this pulls through the only manouvre will be irreversible pain for Zimbabweans.
TapsC wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:35 am
there is no turning back mow otherwise they will be hanged..army still in control. no police in sight. my guess is that it's for legitimacy.

from what I'm hearing he will leave but he wants that final stroll down the sunset to finish his term and retire like Dos Santos did in Angola but the Army is having none of that.
You speak as if the army has any power. The army has got zero power. They are caught firmly between a rock and a hard place. Every sane mind appreciates that this must be a ZANU matter, so no Government of National Unity can be born out of a "coup" and still be viewed as legitimate. Who will support it within SADC and AU without flouting standing rules?

Googly

Post by Googly »

SADC are a disgraceful old boys club and Zuma is the worst of them. He was given a vote of no confidence today in all ten provinces and we hear that Tuesday is his last day, might be yet another rumour, but practically every Zimbabwean, wherever they are in the world wants to see the back of him. Why did Mbeki, and now Zuma, do this? Mr Zuma will have his day soon.

zimbos_05

Post by zimbos_05 »

No one expects SADC or AU to allow anything. Zimbabweans are fed up and quite frankly we dont care what SADC or AU think. Mugabe has destroyed the country along with his pals, and the people will no longer stand for this. A lot of the SADC and AU leaders are basically scared because they know that they could be next.

Remember, the people are bigger than any leader.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

There is as much chance of Hhm being a Campbell as there is of him hailing from Israel originally.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

Jemisi wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:05 am
There is as much chance of Hhm being a Campbell as there is of him hailing from Israel originally.
;) ...

strikerlube

Post by strikerlube »

Pariah, we actually want to hear legit information from the locals. Stop pretending you know everything and quit being a patronising "this is going to happen , I have a crystal ball. I am pariah king of African history and scholarly political researcher."

Put the fucking mic down for this thread yeah?

eugene

Post by eugene »

The army don't even need to overthrow Mugabe now. ZANU-PF will do it themselves. Mugabe has no support whatsoever from any group of Zimbabwean society, not even from fellow Zanoids.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Googly wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:11 pm
Mike Campbell is the father-in-law of Ben Freeth I believe. They are brave and honourable men and I salute them. Tomorrow we march and God willing it’s a new dawn.
The Campbell clan from the quarry are a different crew. They had lots of property in Chivhu, a fantastic farming community of 500 people some years ago, down to 4 now I believe.
That's really interesting - so the Wikipedia stuff is true.

Do you think that street in Borrowdale was named after them (given the Pomona link)? And is AC part of that clan?