[MUGABE HAS RESIGNED] Zimbabwe celebrates!

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
jaybro
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Re: [MUGABE HAS RESIGNED] Zimbabwe celebrates!

Post by jaybro »

Australia does have rules on foreign investment to protect first time Australian buyers.

Foreign investors can only buy “off the plan” so pretty much units in the city. The building industry in Sydney is booming big time there are unit blocks going up left right and centre. The people of Sydney are benefiting as there is so much work on you’d have to be an absolute bum not to be earning good coin.

Tell me where else in the world an un-skilled worker can put $2K in their pocket each week ( legally of course ) ???

If the overseas investors weren’t buying up the units then no one would be so less work and money for everyone.

If you don’t agree with me Dogg listen to some of Mark Bouris’ podcasts, unless you think you’re smarter than him as well
Chairman of the Neville Madziva fan Club

Originator of the #mumbamania movement

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

jaybro wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:21 pm
Australia does have rules on foreign investment to protect first time Australian buyers.

Foreign investors can only buy “off the plan” so pretty much units in the city. The building industry in Sydney is booming big time there are unit blocks going up left right and centre. The people of Sydney are benefiting as there is so much work on you’d have to be an absolute bum not to be earning good coin.

Tell me where else in the world an un-skilled worker can put $2K in their pocket each week ( legally of course ) ???

If the overseas investors weren’t buying up the units then no one would be so less work and money for everyone.

If you don’t agree with me Dogg listen to some of Mark Bouris’ podcasts, unless you think you’re smarter than him as well
Dont know anything about Australa, but the Dogg has a point although probably serendipitosly derived rather than by design.

The Chinese are smart, if they invest they will do it wisely so they make the biggest profit. If they leave the country it will be money leaving Australia's economy. The Indians probably operate in the same way except they are probably not as well embedded in distant places.

I lived in Aruba for a few months around 2012 and all the Chinese there are engaged in business...same with the Indians although there wre way more Chinese. Now I dont know about the big businesses, but small businesses were all Chinese run. They took over from the Dutch.

50 years from now, the world will be a fundementally different place which explains this sudden rise in far right nationalism being seem in Trump's America and an increasinly Eurosceptic EU. We are perhaps merely 20 years away from China being the most powerful nation on earth, and in 50 years India global influence will surpass the US, Europe, Japan, etc. China and India will be in 50 years were the US and the Soviets were 50 years before, perhaps (one hopes, not as hostile towards each other). Trump's neo-isolationist policies are accelerating China's rise to surpass the US in global significance.

Will that be better than the status quo or not remains to be seen. Perhaps the Zimdoggies and Flakeman's can perceive this looming tidal wave and I would guess its a rather frightening realization.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

jaybro wrote:

If this is ‘so good’ then why by design does there need to be any restrictions in place at all?
Water is very good for humans to drink. We don’t restrict our drinking of it.
A blaise attempt to protect first hole buyers is an admission of knowing the Chinese have severely contributed to locking the locals out of the market, it’s also Australia being complicit in Chinese internal tax dodging.

Having units upon units springing up in the city is not s good thing, it’s decreasing our quality of life as shops and houses are knocked down for multi storey units, we now have some of the craziest amount of gridlock in the world and that’s not a good thing. Sustainability and balance is important, do you think Hong Kong is a city of high quality living?
jaybro wrote:
What jobs are unskilled people clearing 150k plus a year?
Please list them so I can apply.
jaybro wrote:
Please. We are a city that has prices in the top ten of the world and have been rising considerably. Most Australians have been priced out of the market. You need a high income just to buy in a faraway dodgy suburb if you were to purchase right now.
I can see why you are loving it if you were wise enough to invest ten years ago, but don’t confuse your own self interest with what’s best for the majority of people out there!
When I was in Tallinn a few weeks ago, I observed luxury 3 bedroom multi storey apartments on sale for 200k Aussie. Eugene has a nice house in Waco Texas for a similar amount. Quality of life > mortgage slavery.
Also we don’t want to simply build to employ builders. Tail doesn’t wag the dog !
jaybro wrote:
Mark Bouris probably has financial interests in China. Agenda! Same way you have an interest in seeing prices of houses rise.

All that being said, some foreign investment is ok, but remember, China are not the Red Cross, they buy to help themselves not us. Like crimson said, foreign investment can work if its highly regulated and boundaries are set. Right now we have ridiculous situations where produce and what not grown up the road is being sold cheaper to China than here. Because when people sell us away they are doing it out of self interest and not the long term future of the people. If I had a banana farm and a chinaman offered me 50 million for it then I can’t say no. I’ve also heard on the radio a lot of horrifying in depth forecasts that I don’t remember but troubled me.
It’s not right!
A country needs to be self sufficient.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Sustainability and balance is important, do you think Hong Kong is a city of high quality living?
HK has the highest life expectancy on the planet and their HDI is better than New Zealand, so it has a very high quality of living. Ranked 12th in the world in fact.
. Like crimson said, foreign investment can work if its highly regulated and
Regulation is the antithesis of pure free market capitalism ie one the conservatives' main gospels. Yes, technically, protectionism from foreign entities probably don't count as regulation, but that proves the point that there can be domestic vultures (corporate greed) that the average Joe needs protection from.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Kriterion_BD wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:38 am
Sustainability and balance is important, do you think Hong Kong is a city of high quality living?
HK has the highest life expectancy on the planet and their HDI is better than New Zealand, so it has a very high quality of living. Ranked 12th in the world in fact.
. Like crimson said, foreign investment can work if its highly regulated and

It’s subjective and that may be correct? (Although this list has them at 152 https://www.numbeo.com/quality-of-life/rankings.jsp)
I don’t know many Australians that would prefer very tight squeezed confined spaces, not many parks or outdoor park retreats.
We like backyards, pets, parks to play cricket/soccer/rugby codes, space, parking spots, beaches etc

We like suburbs and stuff

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Cant see why my reply is embedded in the quote here^

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

This thread has grown from hilarious to absolutely comical!

The contradictions beyond bearable. :lol:

We should have all just left it at BRM's two cents...
brmtaylor.com admin wrote:Self-interest always wins out, so Mnangagwa did what he needed to do.
Googly simply couldn't resist. Neither could eugene

I think it should all stop at these two gems...
eugene wrote:Zimbabweans should keep marching until they get what they want.
2054 Anyone? :D
ZIMDOGGY wrote:Like Crimson said, foreign investment can work if its highly regulated and boundaries are set.
Such things from non-Africans simply make us dark continent folk's hearts melt. Assault on free-market, capitalism, what next democracy concept??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nothing beats ZCF! Then again, this thread viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14333 probably explains why? :lol:

Far too much growing up and experiences for plenty here to go through.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

pariah wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 12:55 pm
This thread has grown from hilarious to absolutely comical!

The contradictions beyond bearable. :lol:

We should have all just left it at BRM's two cents...
brmtaylor.com admin wrote:Self-interest always wins out, so Mnangagwa did what he needed to do.
Googly simply couldn't resist. Neither could eugene

I think it should all stop at these two gems...
eugene wrote:Zimbabweans should keep marching until they get what they want.
2054 Anyone? :D
ZIMDOGGY wrote:Like Crimson said, foreign investment can work if its highly regulated and boundaries are set.
Such things from non-Africans simply make us dark continent folk's hearts melt. Assault on free-market, capitalism, what next democracy concept??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nothing beats ZCF! Then again, this thread viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14333 probably explains why? :lol:

Far too much growing up and experiences for plenty here to go through.
Speaking of which you haven’t given your age into that thread. So until you do, the context of your point is lost. Are you speaking from a point of maturity or youth ?

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:32 pm
Speaking of which you haven’t given your age into that thread. So until you do, the context of your point is lost.
I was 16 when I joined ZCF. ;)
Are you speaking from a point of maturity or youth?
Both. Far too much is made of the distinction between mental and chronological age.

ZIMDOGGY

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

pariah wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:31 pm
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:32 pm
Speaking of which you haven’t given your age into that thread. So until you do, the context of your point is lost.
I was 16 when I joined ZCF. ;)
Are you speaking from a point of maturity or youth?
Both. Far too much is made of the distinction between mental and chronological age.
Too much emphasis?
You’ve made multiple references to the ages socme tha thread but haven’t contributed yourself !

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.