[MUGABE HAS RESIGNED] Zimbabwe celebrates!

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Zimbabwe Coup underway?

Post by Conant »

pariah wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:44 pm
brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:37 am
...the Zimbabwe army has let this slip away.

This will either go down as the worst failed coup in history, or there's some brilliant tactical manoeuvres happening in the background here.

Where is Mnangagwa?
Keep hoping. If this pulls through the only manouvre will be irreversible pain for Zimbabweans.
TapsC wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:35 am
there is no turning back mow otherwise they will be hanged..army still in control. no police in sight. my guess is that it's for legitimacy.

from what I'm hearing he will leave but he wants that final stroll down the sunset to finish his term and retire like Dos Santos did in Angola but the Army is having none of that.
You speak as if the army has any power. The army has got zero power. They are caught firmly between a rock and a hard place. Every sane mind appreciates that this must be a ZANU matter, so no Government of National Unity can be born out of a "coup" and still be viewed as legitimate. Who will support it within SADC and AU without flouting standing rules?
I guess you've been overtaken by events pariah. The biggest crowds ever seen since independence are gathering in Harare and it's all over, SADC or no SADC.

Conant
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by Conant »

Terryalderman wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:18 am
Why has it taken this long to oust Mugabe? And what was the trigger?
Old age, Grace and her ambitions happened.

China has been wanting to put some money in since 2013 but they told Zanu through Mnangagwa to renew leadership. This didn't happen, instead they tried to kick Munangwa ouyt. A starving army and irate army commanders got gatvol and placed the gun on Mugabe's head.

Googly

Post by Googly »

What a day! Proud to have been a part of that. Zimbabwe has spoken. We’re not expecting anything overnight, but today is a start, baby steps.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Googly wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:22 pm
What a day! Proud to have been a part of that. Zimbabwe has spoken. We’re not expecting anything overnight, but today is a start, baby steps.
What happened at the march? Were there people speaking and rallying? How many total attended (roughly)? Did many white people attend too?

Googly

Post by Googly »

The entire city was full, all colours and from all walks of life. Spine chilling. We spoke with one voice. A small taste of real freedom. And I haven’t seen a thieving corrupt piece of shit policeman for a week, I feel cleansed.
I’m sure it’s not that easy and we will have a new set of problems to deal with, but we cannot continue like this.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

Googly wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:16 pm
The entire city was full, all colours and from all walks of life. Spine chilling. We spoke with one voice. A small taste of real freedom. And I haven’t seen a thieving corrupt piece of shit policeman for a week, I feel cleansed.
I’m sure it’s not that easy and we will have a new set of problems to deal with, but we cannot continue like this.
No more roadblocks? No more on the spot fines?

What a coup :lol:

Googly

Post by Googly »

Impossible to guess numbers, but I’d like to think there was well over a million. People were everywhere, the intention was to become one and march to State House, but I think the army got spooked at the sheer volume of people and stopped us. I never realized how much people felt oppressed and how afraid they were to show their real feelings. I do believe that this has frightened the ruling party. Everyone knows that we’re getting more of the same, no one is fooled, but the strength of feeling was tangible. There will be frantic plans afoot to rebrand Zanu and to conveniently blame the ills of the past on Mugabe’s doorstep, and to a large extent this has played into their hands.

foreignfield
Supports: Mountaineers

Post by foreignfield »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:11 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:08 am
To be honest I am starting to think that Pariahs actually from India.

He speaks a lot like Crimson
:o
I believe ZIMDOGGY is a member of Russia's troll army who's just out for some kicks in his spare time. Remember that he sometimes goes missing for extended periods and has admitted to speak Russian. His dad was head of ops when the KGB's Sydney branch infiltrated the NRL.

Googly

Post by Googly »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:24 am
Googly wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:11 pm
Mike Campbell is the father-in-law of Ben Freeth I believe. They are brave and honourable men and I salute them. Tomorrow we march and God willing it’s a new dawn.
The Campbell clan from the quarry are a different crew. They had lots of property in Chivhu, a fantastic farming community of 500 people some years ago, down to 4 now I believe.
That's really interesting - so the Wikipedia stuff is true.

Do you think that street in Borrowdale was named after them (given the Pomona link)? And is AC part of that clan?
The original farm was called Pomona Farm, it’s now a built up suburb. It’s crazy how many suburban roads are named after English towns and areas, they really lacked imagination and it’s quite annoying. I’m not sure whether the Campbells of old owned the original farm though.

zimstarr
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimstarr »

ZIM VS ENG I hope this will happen soon