[MUGABE HAS RESIGNED] Zimbabwe celebrates!

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Googly

Re: [MUGABE HAS RESIGNED] Zimbabwe celebrates!

Post by Googly »

You mean the DA? Do you think the DA won the elections there with a white vote? Same old story, a few whites in a system and it’s classified as white. Where do they get their funding from?

Googly

Post by Googly »

The “new” government has had 3 decades to create a just and equitable society. Don’t blame anyone else for the pitiful state of SA, the fact that the hated whites have made inroads in the political landscape tells everyone all they need to know.

pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by pariah »

Googly wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:43 am
You mean the DA? Do you think the DA won the elections there with a white vote? Same old story, a few whites in a system and it’s classified as white. Where do they get their funding from?
Check the demographics and factor in voter apathy.
Googly wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:40 am
The “new” government has had 3 decades to create a just and equitable society.
This is the dumbest thing any right minded person can ever say! How long did it take to create and maintain the previous society? To be exact, Cape Town was taken over by the DA in 2006(whole of Western Cape in 2009). That's just 12 years(15 years) after 1994. Again I ask, "How long did it take to create and maintain the previous society?"
Don’t blame anyone else for the pitiful state of SA, the fact that the hated whites have made inroads in the political landscape tells everyone all they need to know.
What inroads? :? Check the voting numbers. A voting system of Proportional Representation is not the same as Winner take all or First past the ballot.

sloandog
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by sloandog »

I’ve been more than positive about RS and U19. One kid making a debut in 5 years is nothing to go doolally about.
As for positive developments on the political front- I marched, were you there? If you think his cabinet is progressive you don’t know what you’re talking about. If you think Chinese investment is a good thing then cuss the rest of the forumites, you’re clearly outnumbered. Stay in Uk, we’ve got
I would have loved to have marched! Just because I wasn't there physically doesn't mean I did not want to be! I would have loved to have been a part of that, to see the nation finally come together as one and unit against a tyrant. My Auntie and Uncle were there with my cousins and they said I missed something incredible.

Not arguing over what you have said. The short and sharp facts are that you have predicted that ZC wouldn't be around (should probably have expired 2015 by your accounts) and that there wouldn't be a pathway for the kids, nor would there be any good youngsters coming through, and yet...
Be more positive. Zimbabwe is Zimbabwe, things will never be a smooth process.
Stay in U.K, we've got this
I'm Zimbabwean where ever I go. Just because you're on ground zero doesn't make you any more patriotic than me bud, so don't think because you marched and I didn't means I'm not in touch with events and family out there.

Googly

Post by Googly »

Well we’re still in a position where we’re playing in a tournament that will have a profound impact on our future and we’ve been saved some sort of censure by basically being under judicial management, so I wasn’t too far off the mark in predicting problems. I’m very glad we’re still ticking over.
I’d like to see the post you’re referring to, glad I was wrong if I did give 2015 as the date of our demise.
If I stated there were no pathways for youngsters pre 2015 was I wrong? The fact that they’ve dramatically changed that is fantastic, however we’re still thin on good youngsters who are able to take advantage of the opportunities- perhaps three bowlers, a keeper and I’m yet to see a stand out batter. Whilst you (and a few others) may think I’m a doom merchant I’m sadly not far off the mark. I pray we’ve turned a corner. As I said I’m here and you’re there so settle down with your advice on being more positive.

Kriterion_BD

Post by Kriterion_BD »

Sloan is a Zimbo???!!! Alway thoight he was a Englishman...like how eugene, BRMT, and jaybro are foreign ZIM fans.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjtuZBykSzM (Noreaga - Blood Money Part 3)

pariah

Post by pariah »

Jonathan Moyo tweet:

https://twitter.com/ProfJNMoyo/status/9 ... uote]The[b] Coup D'etat wasn't an overnight 15 Nov affair triggered by former First Lady[/b] or propelled by the 18 Nov demos. No. It was a long planned & very sinister ZDF power grab waiting to happen![/quote]

So the point is Chiwenga is the true president while Mnangagwa is just a figurehead?

If we say senile 93 year old Mugabe was such, what of Mnangagwa his junior of 18 years? He's a fool?

pariah

Post by pariah »

I think I raised a valid question earlier - Why didn't the Armed Forces go with Sekeramayi instead of dragging Mnangagwa from the dustbin?

Jonathan Moyo confirming that he was their preference explains why. The proof that Mugabe wanted youth and generation renewal taking over rather proves a lot. The old guard were not prepared to hand over power(and riches). That's why Kasukuwere was wanted so badly and Sekeramayi less of a threat.

News coming to light that Botswana had Phelekezela Mphoko confined all along proves the West intervened in a key way. They are apparently released him to Zimbabwean officials. So clearly they prevented him from taking over power.

Botswana and Ian Khama are the US/UK's willing stooges. It's a no China zone there.

No amount of China involvement could have secured this coup no matter how much force and strategies the military applied. This was won via tactics - West and their institutions (Embassies, NGOs, Foundations, Analysts etc) striking a deal not to demonise the Zimbabwean judiciary and judges for their shameless act, while their stooge kidnapped the only legal president upon Mugabe retirement/impeachment. No wonder the military had no choice but to exercise restraint. That order came from the West - who had everything under control - not China.

We can say what we want about Jonathan Moyo, but he is quite possibly the smartest Zimbabwean ever. There's proof that he actually identified that the military had wholly taken over every length and breadth of Zimbabwean economic and political power, was brave enough to speak of it at ZANU's highest decision-making body - something Mnangagwa aggressively denied.

Even the opposition MDC concede Moyo was completely right and everything Mnangagwa said in denial was entirely false.

I have consistently maintained that this was never about Grace Mugabe. Similarly in South Africa they continue to tarnish Nkosazana Dlamini-Zuma's image. Ignoring and falsifying her history. They block the basic fact that he divirced Jacob Zuma. That she campaigned with Thabo Mbeki when they lost to Zuma in 2007. Most importantly they are trying very hard to paint her as a Gupta puppet who will carry on supposed Zuma corruption. This is the same as what was done to Winnie Madikizela-Mandela. it was obvious that she was a strong woman and the real hero of the liberation. Tarnishing her image was the key to propping up the Nelson Mandela myth(s).

TapsC

Post by TapsC »

I actually agree with you when you say the West was verery involved. that is a very plausible theory. I have a friend who works at one of those Western Embassies and he told us that the West was supporting Mnangagwa over a year ago because he had the backing of the military.. we all brushed him aside thinking it was just bar talk but looking at it now there is no way the coup could have taken place without them knowing.

To me the whole world was complicit besides the AU contries who are so quick to defend dictators. China have massive investments in Zim and they have been stalling their investments plans because Mugabe was now becoming a problem to them. Mnangagwa has steong links with China. I mean Mugabe accused him and the army of looting 15 billion with the help of the Chinese.

In the end Mugabe has himself to blame. that's just the honest truth. the army have always been kingmakers in Zimbabwe since the 1970s. Mugabe wasn't the original Zanu leader but the army forcefully put him there through general Mujuru replacing Ndabaningi Sithole. in the 1980s they crushed the only opposition he had in Nkomo and Zapu. 2008 he lost fair and square and the army intervened killing hundreds of people. this in fact means he has been an illegitimate leader for 9 years. the whole region knows that. Thabo Mbeki is even rumoured to have been given a gold mine in Zimbabwe for helping Mugabe stay on with his quiet diplomacy tactics which betrayed the people of Zimbabwe. Jonathan Moyo himself is now openly saying the army intervened in 2008.

So Mugabe thought eliminating General Mujuru would solve the problem yet these guys have been his source of power for his whole rule. why would any of us feel sorry for him then? he clearly overestimated his power and thought he was a demi-god like Mnangagwa said. he lost

eugene

Post by eugene »

Mugabe ruled by the gun, and lost by the gun.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes