[MUGABE HAS RESIGNED] Zimbabwe celebrates!

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Bulawayo Boy
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Zimbabwe Coup underway?

Post by Bulawayo Boy »

eugene wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:00 pm
pariah wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:23 am
I really don't know what's wrong with some Zimbabweans.

First they supported a Trade Union movement fully funded by the West, capitalists and very same exploitative abusive farmers and employers plus led by an ugly semiliterate womaniser they had assaulted.

Mbeki would have none of it because SA wouldn't have any of it.

Now they are suporting army rogues aligned to a highly flawed and legitimately fired Deputy President. This is all happening at a time when SA is faced with a DP who is fully funded by the West, same exploitative abusive racist capitalists. He too being their ugly stooge. But crucially, he's backed by rogue retired army generals and elements paid handsomely by the regime change agents.

No way SA will stand for this.

Zimbabweans in SA must pray Ramaphosa wins, because after this stunt by Mnangagwa linked Chiwenga, SA under Nkosazana, and the AU in general won't give a hoot about Zimbabweans. Even more so as soon as Mugabe dies.

Just like cricket in Zimbabwe, I see not much life for the country after this.

Yes there are conflicting reports about what's truly happening, but whatever the case might be, I tend to believe army is at least flexing its muscles for factional political reasons.

Zimbabweans never really had a genuine reason to revolt in their masses before. Now is the time else they risk open isolation.

Why those in SA aren't more vocal and active in condemning what is or could develop - considering they are most at risk is beyond me.

You only need to look at how West linked Ian Khama still treats even antiZANU-Mugabe people in Bots. Nobody cares, you're just pawns. Educated and naïve pawns?
Good lord, you will believe anything.

Mugabe has faced genuine opposition since day one, he of course massacred thousands in Matabeleland to solve it early on. After his years of falsely trying to paint all opposition to his rule as a western conspiracy, it is quite ironic to see him overthrown by his fellow comrades with no western intervention or support whatsoever. The very same people you support pariah have turned on their own, perhaps you're next?
This is correct. I come from Matabeleland and I can assure you that the killings in the 1980s most definitely happened. I know enough people who lost relatives to tell that they occurred with absolute certainty, and on a level that would be classified as crimes against humanity. They were orchestrated by Mugabe and Shiri, but Mnangagwa had full knowledge of them too. The whole "coup" thing means nothing to me. Frankly, it's just ZANU infighting. There will not be true democracy and we will now have another 15 years with the croc as dictator.

Googly

Post by Googly »

I’d like to think there’s a GNU coming our way and yes we would be saved the charade, expense and bloodshed of an African election. Whether the military ultimately back off now that they see how easy this was remains to be seen.
Please let this be over so we can try and live normal lives.

pariah

Post by pariah »

brmtaylor.com admin wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:46 am
This is the most informative article I've read so far:

http://af.reuters.com/article/africaTec ... G0JB-OZATP
Zimbabwean intelligence reports seen by Reuters suggest that former security chief Emmerson Mnangagwa, who was ousted as vice-president this month, has been mapping out a post-Mugabe vision with the military and opposition for more than a year.

Fuelling speculation that that plan might be rolling into action, opposition leader Morgan Tsvangirai, who has been receiving cancer treatment in Britain and South Africa, returned to Harare late on Wednesday, his spokesman said.
Fact that you only know this now after writing so much on the subject proves just just how ill-informed you lot are.

By the way, when Joshua Mqabuko Nkomo "fled" to exile, he went to England. And guess what, he too wrote a long letter/statement to/about Mugabe. Fast=forward to decades later and Mnangagwa does the exact same thing.
- IF - that is true, and Mnangagwa's place is to put another government of national unity into place then I think a lot of goodwill from the international community will be headed his way.
You're confused. Very confused.

What makes you think Mnangagwa controls anything beyond following a script?

1. First of all Mugabe won elections rubberstamped by UN, AU, SADC plus several countries including SA, Russia and China.
2. He won party elections
3. Recall this:
"Mugabe previously indicated that he intends to run in the 2018 election after Zanu-PF last year confirmed him as the party’s sole candidate."

Right after the party endorsed Mugabe(process involving Mnangagwa and the Generals), Mnangagwa sulked and went to plot!

What elections has Mnangagwa ever won? What power does he have? None beyond force.

Simba Makoni was also a favourite once, and what did he do after ejection? Engineer a coup? No! He formed his political party!

Like Makoni, Mnangagwa serves at the pleasure of Mugabe - the President. He can be hired and fired at will.

If Mnangagwa had power, why not form a break-away party?

pariah

Post by pariah »

Conant I don't even know where to begin with you. Chiwenga is Mnangagwa's protege while Mnangagwa is just an onlooker on Shiri's actions? :?

Anwyay, basically, anyone who believes that the military acted to block Grace Mugabe's presidential ambitions is a fool!

Anyone who believes that this is all to do with Grace Mugabe is hopelessly hoodwinked.

I wonder what's worse, a foreign white man celebrating Mnangagwa and looking forward to embracing him or a Matebele "not complaining" over Mnangwagwa. Then again whites in Western Cape have honoured FW de Klerk, and people like Mbeki and Motlanthe have dined with him! So anything is possible.

In fact, this discussion is a waste of time.

It's just like Zimbabwe Cricket. Two tragic things happening at the same time and ZCF somehow manages to find positives in them.

Lauding Mnangagwa! Wow!

I pity you lot!

NB: Mugabe has refused to step down or resign. What now? International community will overthrow a sitting president on the back of a coup, then install a coalition government of unelected people to rule for 5 years? :lol:

NickG
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by NickG »

So when is this topic being removed?

eugene

Post by eugene »

pariah wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:00 pm
Conant I don't even know where to begin with you. Chiwenga is Mnangagwa's protege while Mnangagwa is just an onlooker on Shiri's actions? :?

Anwyay, basically, anyone who believes that the military acted to block Grace Mugabe's presidential ambitions is a fool!

Anyone who believes that this is all to do with Grace Mugabe is hopelessly hoodwinked.

I wonder what's worse, a foreign white man celebrating Mnangagwa and looking forward to embracing him or a Matebele "not complaining" over Mnangwagwa. Then again whites in Western Cape have honoured FW de Klerk, and people like Mbeki and Motlanthe have dined with him! So anything is possible.

In fact, this discussion is a waste of time.

It's just like Zimbabwe Cricket. Two tragic things happening at the same time and ZCF somehow manages to find positives in them.

Lauding Mnangagwa! Wow!

I pity you lot!

NB: Mugabe has refused to step down or resign. What now? International community will overthrow a sitting president on the back of a coup, then install a coalition government of unelected people to rule for 5 years? :lol:

I don't think I have ever read a post on ZCF that is as factually incorrect. No one here is lauding Mnangagwa, we can celebrate Mugabe's long overdue demise and hope for a brighter future without proclaiming Mnangagwa as the next saviour. Mugabe has been holding the country hostage for the last 20 years through rigged elections with military backing and has finally run out of rope. The response to the coup from Zimbabweans has been overwhelmingly positive, if Mugabe had the support you claim him to have, thousands would have taken to the streets, like they did in Istanbul when a coup was attempted in Turkey. The fact that everyone is continuing with their lives shows what little support he has. Your lack of knowledge about Zimbabwe is astounding and quite troubling.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

Zero76

Post by Zero76 »

Personally, anyone but DisGrace is fine by me. Will be interested to see how this continues to unfold.
Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

Conant

Post by Conant »

I had tried to embed a few quotes in my replies and it all came out looking like a mess so I guess that just gave hhm permission to selectively read, dismiss and lie.

Anyway, fair dinkum. :roll: :roll:

And when was Simba Makoni "ejected"?

He left on his own will in 2007, just before or after Dumiso Dabengwa who today as the foremost senior person in Zapu would have been Vice President but having had enough Mugabe's shenanigans, selflessly left rather than embrace the continuing charade, leaving behind an eminent Vice Presidential post like I have stated.

Don't lie to people on this forum just because they don't know, hhm.

You keep making disingenuous arguments and act like you don't know how difficult it is forming parties in Africa without the support structures of the traditional parties that already exist?

Malema would have been closer to the throne today had he never left, expelled in ANC and now despite being evidently so popular and heading EFF, is there any feasibility of him presiding over the country as head of EFF in his life time, with a current EFF support base of only six percent? The answer to that question is no.

pariah

Post by pariah »

All of you have failed to answer the relevant questions I've raised.

Conant none of what you said has got anything to with the matters at hand. Its akin to focusing on obiter dicta as opposed to the actual judgement and rationale.

How can Joyce cry to continue working alongside her husband's murderer? How can Simba jumping before he's pushed not amount to being ejected?

Macron didn't win because he aligned himself with a cougar. Mnangagwa's deficiencies shouldn't mean this coup is justified.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Pariah you overthink.

A dictator that’s running the economy to the ground being removed semi peacefully is a good thing.

It’s a necessary first step. Things could be better or worse but this had to happen in some form.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*