[MUGABE HAS RESIGNED] Zimbabwe celebrates!

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
Bulawayo Boy
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: [MUGABE HAS RESIGNED] Zimbabwe celebrates!

Post by Bulawayo Boy »

Googly wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:32 pm
The march is the turning point in this country. It may not happen over night and there may be bloodshed and some set backs but the genie is out the bottle. I have no doubt that the elections have been doctored already and the opposition is fragmented and disorganized but will Zimbabweans accept the outcome with the same resignation as they’ve done in the past, and what will the various regional and international players do about it?
ED is going to have to pull a rabbit out of the hat economically in the next few months to make a Zanu win even vaguely plausible.
I love your enthusiasm Googly, I really do. And you are an intelligent man with lots of great insights and ideas. I assure you though, that there will not be lots of violence over the next election period. Ed needs to "legitimise" things in the eyes of the world - paper over the cracks, as it were, and put a shining "democratic" front onto the catastrophe that is Zimbabwe, both economically and societally.

We Zimbabweans will indeed accept the doctored result, and with the same apathy, resignation, idiocy and cowardice with which we wield the cricket bat! Our cricket is actually a microcosm of our society - shattered, broken, badly-led, rudderless, poorly planned, badly executed and totally without vision or courage. It is basically the antithesis of Australian cricket and society in every, single, conceivable way. We're stuck in the same masochistic and vicious spiral, recycling the old guard, again and again, until we basically become Somalia.

There will be slight economic improvement - but things are so bad economically that it couldn't really get much worse. Could it?

As for the regional and international players - I think everyone on this forum should read my next statement, "People DO NOT CARE about Zimbabwe!" This is the case. Hard to accept, I know, but it's true. Hell, half of the people I deal with don't even know where Zimbabwe is and couldn't care less! The South Africans actually hate us! Look at what they have done to our kids seeking employment in their God-forsaken land! We're on our own.

I know I paint a grim picture but when the head of the 5th Brigade gets a ministerial post, then I think all else should be very clear to people of even average foresight and basic political understanding.

T.I.A.

pariah

Post by pariah »

Bulawayo Boy wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 5:47 pm
Googly wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:32 pm
The march is the turning point in this country. It may not happen over night and there may be bloodshed and some set backs but the genie is out the bottle. I have no doubt that the elections have been doctored already and the opposition is fragmented and disorganized but will Zimbabweans accept the outcome with the same resignation as they’ve done in the past, and what will the various regional and international players do about it?
ED is going to have to pull a rabbit out of the hat economically in the next few months to make a Zanu win even vaguely plausible.
d needs to "legitimise" things in the eyes of the world - paper over the cracks, as it were, and put a shining "democratic" front onto the catastrophe that is Zimbabwe, both economically and societally.

We Zimbabweans will indeed accept the doctored result, and with the same apathy, resignation, idiocy and cowardice with which we wield the cricket bat!

We're stuck in the same masochistic and vicious spiral, recycling the old guard, again and again, until we basically become Somalia.

As for the regional and international players - I think everyone on this forum should read my next statement, "People DO NOT CARE about Zimbabwe!" This is the case. Hard to accept, I know, but it's true.

I know I paint a grim picture but when the head of the 5th Brigade gets a ministerial post, then I think all else should be very clear to people of even average foresight and basic political understanding.
Some did, but what's certain is no one will care about a Mnangagwa(Chiwenga) Zimbabwe!

This was a blunder by Zimbabwe. All they needed to do was let ZANU sort itself out internally via Congress, then deal with whom they nominated. They opted for a foolish route instead.

Conant

Post by Conant »

The negative Toms can keep barking all they want, us positive peeps will hope for a better Zimbabwe, which hopefully will start showing itself with then next 12 months even 6. Emerson is doing all the right things and who cars what the South Africans think of us. We are not inferior in any way to them such that we need their affirmation; and, in the long run, their problems are bigger than us.

Aluta continua! Zimbabwe hoyeee!

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

Was happy to drop the China topic, but worth pointing out this week a top Aussie politician (Sam Dastyari) has resigned because he has all but been proven to have been actively working as a Chinese paid agent infiltrating the political system.

Invasion can be through the front door or the backdoor.
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

strikerlube

Post by strikerlube »

ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:18 am
Was happy to drop the China topic, but worth pointing out this week a top Aussie politician (Sam Dastyari) has resigned because he has all but been proven to have been actively working as a Chinese paid agent infiltrating the political system.

Chinese paid agent hahaha. Mate you can't eat sweet and sour pork these days without being branded a dirty Commy loving Chinese helping secret agent.

ZIMDOGGY
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by ZIMDOGGY »

strikerlube wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:03 am
ZIMDOGGY wrote:
Sat Dec 16, 2017 3:18 am

Chinese paid agent hahaha. Mate you can't eat sweet and sour pork these days without being branded a dirty Commy loving Chinese helping secret agent.
Am I wrong?
A quick google search will show the list of accusations
Hes resigned in disgrace.

Australia’s top intelligence officer has labelled him a ‘paid agent enlisted to advance chinas Interests’

One thing zimdoggy knows is a Trojan horse when he sees one.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.afr ... 203-gzxktb
Cricinfo profile of the 'James Bond' of cricket:

FULL NAME: Angus James Mackay
BORN: 13 June 1967, Harare
KNOWN AS: Gus Mackay

'The' Gus Mackay.

Hero.
Sportsman.
Artist.
Player.

Q. VUSI SIBANDA, WHERE DO YOU HOP?

A. UNDA DA ENTERTAINMENT CENTRE*

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Taking money to advance another nation's interests is pretty poor form at best and traitorous at worst.

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Post by zimlover »

Reading information from the local press,It seems as if the relationship between Zimbabwe and England is improving.They have held high level meetings with the new dispensation and it seems like we might be re engaging with England,this will be a welcome development for the country and the economy and most importantly on this forum,we might even see a England team touring Zimbabwe sooner than what we all thought was possible.

brmtaylor.com admin
Administrator

Post by brmtaylor.com admin »

zimlover wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:01 am
Reading information from the local press,It seems as if the relationship between Zimbabwe and England is improving.They have held high level meetings with the new dispensation and it seems like we might be re engaging with England,this will be a welcome development for the country and the economy and most importantly on this forum,we might even see a England team touring Zimbabwe sooner than what we all thought was possible.
An England v Zimbabwe Test match at Harare Sports Club (or Lords) has been the long agreed upon location for a ZCF forum-wide meet-up.

Googly

Post by Googly »

It may well happen at some point. There’s every chance both Currans will be in the team and in the unlikely event that Ballance were to get a recall it would be an interesting few days. The English have been very slippery and they owe us big time.