Daniel Jakiel update

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
pariah
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Re: Daniel Jakiel update

Post by pariah »

gargamel wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:42 am
At the current momment my Best Batsman ...

... those this year that i have seen who are in Provoncial Setups

1. Tinashe Chimbambo
2. Mutombodzi
3. Maunze
Maunze has improved a lot over the seasons. Can you shed more light on him?

Chimbambo I don't know much about. Would be nice to hear more on him.

I think it was you who didn't seem to be too keen on Gupo. He's a mystery. His numbers in a way show mature ability but also a deficiency in scoring big consistently (just like Tino Mawoyo). A large part of that is definitely down to be wrongly and unfairly deployed high up the order, but if we remove that his average is in the high 20s, but still he could be more than that in my view. What's the story with him? I've seen - via Cricinfo commentary - even more competent batsmen collapse against the very top bowlers in the Logan Cup while he stood resolute - Regis, Elton, Raza, Chamu etc (that includes Moor himself in his frequent flops for Eagles).

Still a mystery how and why Mutombodzi was handled the way he was - both as a bowler and ignored as a batsman. Perhaps the same fate would have befallen Kasuza had he been picked some time back alongside Mutombodzi(and Mushangwe). But he really should have grown with the ZIM team.

I've said it before and I'll say it again - the way Wellington, Jongwe, Madziva and Chisoro have been sidelined despite impressing says a lot about the strong desire to maintain spots for what I term "reverse quotas". Just looking at the way Malcolm, Moor and Burl have been managed says a lot about the determination to not allow those numbers to drop. You can't compare the way they've been handled to those other four.

Chapungu is another who seems to have taken a step forward too this season.

Has Cricinfo perhaps mixed up Roy and Innocent Kaia in some of the games? Anyway, what happened to mark Mbofana?