Mohammad Eqlakh

Participate in discussion with your fellow Zimbabwe cricket fans!
zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles

Mohammad Eqlakh

Post by zimlover »

Does anyone know who this guy is?He seems to be very consistent in the top order,I am aware that it’s only his second First class game.
Is he the real deal?
What’s his technique like?
Is he a Zimbabwean prospect or a Pakistan import?

CrimsonAvenger
Supports: Mountaineers

Re: Mohammad Eqlakh

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:12 pm
There is some Mohd Eqlakh in the Vidarbha association site (the same VCA where our U19 toured recently) news item from last year: http://vca.co.in/late-dr-m-n-dorairajan ... to-372016/. Has scores of 62 and 2/11 (leg spin).

According to Cricinfo now, he is 21 and from UP, India. Scores 67 today. I'd say get him to qualify for Zim, opener problem could be solved in the long run :)

Kind of Jeet Raval scenario of NZ.
From the last match thread.

Would be interesting to know how Mountaineers got in touch with him / how he got in touch with Mountaineers.

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Also, there is a bug on the forum software that gives us a feeling that our post is not made, but the post would have gone through. Please stop and check before recreating the posts :)

maehara / brmt - something to correct, we are seeing a lot of repeat posts as members might be feeling that the post did not go through.

eugene
Supports: Matabeleland Tuskers

Post by eugene »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:35 am
Also, there is a bug on the forum software that gives us a feeling that our post is not made, but the post would have gone through. Please stop and check before recreating the posts :)

maehara / brmt - something to correct, we are seeing a lot of repeat posts as members might be feeling that the post did not go through.
I have alerted maehara to the issue, glad to know it isn't just me experiencing this bug.
Neil Johnson, Alistair Campbell, Murray Goodwin, Andy Flower (w), Grant Flower, Dave Houghton, Guy Whittall, Heath Streak (c), Andy Blignaut, Ray Price, Eddo Brandes

grant
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by grant »

CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:33 am
Would be interesting to know how Mountaineers got in touch with him / how he got in touch with Mountaineers.
I remember reading somewhere that it was Steve Mangongo who recommended him when the u19 guys toured India......

aydee

Post by aydee »

Taibu tweeted recently saying he "is not zimbo". Presumably this means he is only sticking around for 1 season. That said, he has clearly raised the standard of the competition.

jward
Supports: MidWest Rhinos

Post by jward »

grant wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:49 pm
CrimsonAvenger wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:33 am
I remember reading somewhere that it was Steve Mangongo who recommended him when the u19 guys toured India......
Yes, that's correct, I spoke to him and got his personal details for Cricinfo at the last match. Stephen Mangongo highly recommended him to his old franchise, Mountaineers, and he does look a very good quality batsman. He comes from a village called Nevada (I found it on Google Earth!) in Uttar Pradesh.

Jemisi
Supports: Southern Rocks

Post by Jemisi »

Thanks John

CrimsonAvenger

Post by CrimsonAvenger »

Thank you Mr. Ward!

zimlover
Supports: Mashonaland Eagles